Digital TV News: Seven
iSpot acquires 605 to expand TV measurement market share
Sep 13, 2023 – iSpot.tv has announced the acquisition of 605, adding set-top box data from 16.6 million homes to its smart TV data footprint, bolstering its measurement solutions for video and TV advertising.
News categories: iSpot, 605, Sean Muller, Kristin Dolan, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, MandA, Set Top Box, Smart TV, USA
One-in-six U.S. SVOD buyers regularly engage in app hopping
Aug 23, 2023 – Research from Aluma Insights finds one-sixth of U.S. SVOD subscribers regularly 'hop' between apps, signing up for a limited time, then cancelling once a specific end is met.
News categories: Aluma Insights, Michael Greeson, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming, USA
Top U.S. pay-TV providers lost 1,730,000 subscribers in 2Q 2023
Aug 15, 2023 – Leichtman Research Group (LRG) has found that the largest pay-TV providers in the U.S. lost about 1,730,000 video subscribers in 2Q 2023, compared to a loss of about 1,725,000 in 2Q 2022.
News categories: Leichtman Research, Bruce Leichtman, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Satellite, Streaming, Subscribers, USA
Yospace provides SSAI for streaming app from Norway's TV 2
Aug 17, 2023 – Norway's TV 2 has selected Yospace to support server-side ad insertion (SSAI) on its TV 2 Play app. The app integrated SSAI for VOD content at launch, with livestreams to be added in the autumn.
News categories: Yospace, TV 2, Edward New, Roy Kenneth Venjum, Advertising, Apps, Digital TV, IBC2023, Norway, Streaming
Xperi signs third Smart TV OEM for its TiVo OS
Aug 9, 2023 – In its 2nd quarter 2023 results Xperi (NYSE: XPER) announced it has signed a third Smart TV OEM for its TiVo OS, and Sony has agreed to deploy Xperi's content search-and-discovery web browser on its TVs.
News categories: Xperi, Jon Kirchner, Digital TV, In-Car, IPTV, Results, Smart TV, Streaming, TV OS, USA, Worldwide
Samba TV releases latest State of Viewership report
Aug 9, 2023 – Samba TV has released its latest State of Viewership report, analyzing around 45 billion hours of linear and streaming, over the first half of 2023, to give an overview of linear TV, movie and CTV viewership.
News categories: Samba TV, Ashwin Navin, Digital TV
88% of U.S. households have an SVOD service
Aug 9, 2023 – Research from Leichtman Research (LRG) finds that 83% of U.S. households have an SVOD service from Netflix, Amazon Prime, and/or Hulu, with additional streaming services adding another 5 percentage points.
News categories: Leichtman Research, Bruce Leichtman, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming, USA
DISH Network and EchoStar to combine
Aug 8, 2023 – DISH Network (Nasdaq: DISH) and EchoStar (Nasdaq: SATS) have entered into a definitive agreement for DISH Network to combine with EchoStar in an all-stock merger at a fixed exchange ratio.
News categories: DISH Network, EchoStar, Charles Ergen, Erik Carlson, John Swieringa, Hamid Akhavan, Digital TV, MandA, Satellite, USA
Sky Media adds Search Behaviour targeting to AdSmart addressable platform
Aug 3, 2023 – Sky Media has added a Search Behaviour targeting capability to the AdSmart addressable platform, allowing brands to target audiences based on specific online search behaviours.
News categories: Sky Media, Ruth Cartwright, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, UK
- Global SVOD revenues to surpass $127bn in 2029
- Ateme enables 5G Broadcast transmission in the U.S.
- Amazon announces Fire TV product updates
- TCL adds Fire TV options to U.S television portfolio
- Another slow year expected for AR/VR headsets
- Intigral partners with DIAGNAL to enhance entertainment experiences
- Du chooses DataMiner monitoring for broadcast and teleport operations
- TSTT switches to Zappware's multi-screen client framework
- Allegro DVT launches video encoder IP for 4K/8K video
- AVOD revenues to hit $69 billion in 2029
- ZTE unveils updated Cloud PVP solution at IBC 2023
- Accedo brings AI-powered sports highlights to Accedo Launcher
- 76% of Nordic households now have an internet connected TV set
- TVMonaco chooses OKAST streaming platform
- DAZN Edge platform expands coverage in Europe with MainStreaming
- LG presents vision to become media and entertainment platform company
- UK PSBs developing broadband-delivered free TV service
- ZTE and Netgem collaborate on cloud gaming for Android TV
- Rokid shows portable Android TV device for AR glasses at IBC
- NPAW introduces Nokia-developed video probe at IBC 2023