Digital TV News: Shane McCarthy
Irdeto launches CAM-based HbbTV OpApp solution
Nov 25, 2021 – Irdeto has launched the Irdeto Operator Application (Irdeto OpApp). The Irdeto OpApp is an HbbTV OpApp hosted on Irdeto's CI Plus CAMs, enabling pay TV operators to deliver a consistent branded experience across different TV marques.
News categories: Irdeto, Shane McCarthy, Apps, CAM, Digital TV, Europe, HbbTV, Smart TV
Sky New Zealand announces Android TV STB development partners
Nov 17, 2021 – Sky New Zealand has announced partners for the development of its new Android TV-based Sky Box, due for deployment by the middle of 2022. Sky has selected Wyplay, Irdeto and Kaonmedia to provide components of the box's software and hardware.
News categories: Sky New Zealand, Wyplay, Kaonmedia, Irdeto, Sophie Moloney, Jacques Bourgninaud, John Chung Yoon, Shane McCarthy, Android TV, Content Protection, Digital TV, New Zealand, Satellite, Set Top Box
Irdeto multi-DRM issues record-breaking number of new licenses
Nov 10, 2021 – Irdeto has announced the continuous strong growth of DRM licenses issued, with an increase of 162% licenses issued in the last 15 months. The number of licenses has grown from 1.3 billion in June 2020 to 3.4 billion in October 2021.
News categories: Irdeto, Shane McCarthy, Digital TV, DRM, Market Research, Streaming, Worldwide
DIRECTV Latin America deploys Irdeto App Watch
Nov 3, 2021 – Irdeto App Watch will help DIRECTV Latin America retain control over the open app store environment, providing tools to combat content piracy and protect customers from malicious applications and potential cyberattacks.
News categories: Irdeto, DIRECTV Latin America, Shane McCarthy, Carlos Pontual, Android TV, Apps, Content Protection, Digital TV, Latin America
Irdeto brings security to Intigral’s Jawwy TV Android TV STBs
Aug 26, 2021 – Irdeto has implemented a range of security and anti-piracy tools and services with Intigral. Intigral's Jawwy TV platform provides OTT services for viewers across the Middle East and North Africa region.
News categories: Irdeto, Intigral, Shane McCarthy, Bill Sharp, Android TV, Content Protection, Digital TV, Middle-East, Set Top Box, Streaming
Irdeto and INVIDI offer integrated addressable TV solution
Jun 23, 2021 – Irdeto and INVIDI are rolling out technology that enables TV set-top boxes containing Irdeto's broadcast middleware to become instantly addressable, allowing the insertion of ads via INVIDI's Edge platform.
News categories: Irdeto, INVIDI, Shane McCarthy, Prasad Sanagavarapu, Advertising, Digital TV, Middleware, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Telekom Srbija adopts Irdeto Control to secure its OTT platform
Dec 7, 2020 – Irdeto has announced that Telekom Srbija has recently implemented Irdeto Control, the company’s multi-DRM system, to secure their OTT platform. Irdeto Control is a multi-DRM, MovieLabs-compliant security solution.
News categories: Irdeto, Telekom Srbija, Shane McCarthy, Djordje Marovic, Digital TV, DRM, Serbia, Streaming
Irdeto DRM enables expansion of Cyta OTT offering
Oct 1, 2020 – Irdeto has announced that it will provide Cyta with its Irdeto Control DRM solution. With multi-DRM support and content usage management, Irdeto Control protects content delivered via PlayReady, Widevine and FairPlay.
News categories: Irdeto, Cyta, Shane McCarthy, Content Protection, Cyprus, Digital TV, DRM, Streaming
Irdeto brings enhanced security services to Forthnet
Sep 21, 2020 – Irdeto has announced a conditional access renewal agreement with Forthnet which includes Irdeto’s Advance Protection Services (APS). APS provides global monitoring for piracy, enhanced security planning and access to secure chipsets.
News categories: Irdeto, Forthnet, Shane McCarthy, Constantinos Kalavas, Conditional Access, Content Protection, Digital TV, Greece, Satellite
- FAST revenues in Eastern Europe set to reach $42m by 2028
- Qvest becomes European League of Football FAST playout partner
- Wyplay acquires iFeelSmart
- Tenstorrent to build AI and RISC-V chiplets with LG for Smart TVs
- DISH brings its linear TV to the digital ad marketplace
- health tv launches first FAST channel with Amagi
- Number of UK SVOD homes falls in 1Q 2023
- inext signs Moldova distribution contract with DIGIMAX
- EL PAIS begins live broadcasts on its FAST channel with The Channel Store
- SoftAtHome implements Alexa voice control software for etisalat by e&
- Arabsat Badr-8 satellite successfully launched
- Streaming TV growth in Latin America driven by ad-supported viewing
- STARZ domestic OTT subscribers up 700,000 in 1Q 2023
- New DIRECTV STREAM customers get priority access to Telly waiting list
- Insys Video Technologies simplifies video streaming with Bitmovin
- BeIN Media and Google Cloud announce media and broadcast collaboration
- Activated STBs grow to 3,166,461 for South Africa's Openview
- Singtel TV subscribers down 6,000 in 1Q 2023
- Orby Elevate selects EUTELSAT for DTH TV distribution in the US
- U.S. SVOD revenues to grow at a 6.3% CAGR over 2022-2027