Digital TV News: Simon Westbroek
Unified Streaming makes Unified Origin available on Microsoft Azure
Aug 4, 2021 – Unified Streaming has announced the general availability of its Unified Origin software on Microsoft Azure. Unified Origin enables streaming of live and VOD content from one unified source to multiple clients and devices.
News categories: Unified Streaming, Microsoft Azure, Simon Westbroek, Veronica Labad, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Streaming, Worldwide
Unified Streaming enables dynamic ad insertion for Molotov
Dec 10, 2020 – Molotov has extended its relationship with Unified Streaming to enable dynamic ad insertion across its VOD content. The involves the application of Unified Streaming's Remix technology to Molotov’s Mango AVOD brand.
News categories: Unified Streaming, Molotov, Ad Insertion Platform, Simon Westbroek, Clement Cezard, Laurent Potesta, Advertising, Digital TV, France, Streaming
Digiturk selects Unified Streaming to consolidate video delivery
Jan 24, 2019 – Digiturk has chosen Unified Streaming to support its newly consolidated video-streaming environment. Features will include support of a multi-CDN and multi-DRM strategy and the integration of an efficient, user-friendly nPVR.
News categories: Unified Streaming, Digiturk, Simon Westbroek, Hatice Memigüven, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Mobile, Streaming, Turkey
Sixty partners with Unified Streaming
Sep 11, 2017 – Sixty has announced a partnership with Unified Streaming to enable operators to provide Ease Live powered rich and deep interactive cross platform streaming services. Unified Streaming is Sixty’s first streaming partner.
News categories: Sixty, Unified Streaming, Kjetil Horneland, Simon Westbroek, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Streaming, UX, Worldwide
BBC extends contract with Unified Streaming
Apr 18, 2017 – The BBC and Unified Streaming have renewed their commitment to work together for another two years. Since 2013 Unified Streaming has provided the BBC with Unified Origin, its all-in-one streaming solution.
News categories: Unified Streaming, BBC, Simon Westbroek, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Streaming, UK
Viaplay selects Unified Streaming to optimize Scandinavian viewer experience
Feb 21, 2017 – Viaplay has chosen Unified Streaming to help optimize its viewer experience across Scandinavia. Using Unified Origin lets Viaplay fully utilize its content and support its multi-CDN strategy.
News categories: Unified Streaming, Viaplay, Simon Westbroek, Kaj af Kleen, Content Distribution, Denmark, Digital TV, Finland, Norway, Streaming, Sweden
Foxtel selects Unified Streaming to power live and on demand streaming
Feb 25, 2016 – Unified Streaming has announced that it has been selected by Foxtel to create and optimise Foxtel’s streaming platform enabling delivery of Foxtel’s premium live and on demand programming across multiple devices.
News categories: Unified Streaming, Foxtel, Simon Westbroek, Brett Paton, Australia, Content Distribution, Digital TV, DRM, Mobile, Set Top Box
Unified Streaming selected by maxdome for MPEG-DASH streaming
Jun 2, 2015 – maxdome, Germany’s most popular online video platform, has selected Unified Streaming, a provider of cross-platform streaming technologies, for streaming Widevine Modular encrypted MPEG-DASH to address Google Chrome users.
News categories: Unified Streaming, maxdome, Simon Westbroek, Digital TV, Germany, Media Player, Streaming
Dailymotion standardizes on Unified Streaming for all live streaming
Dec 4, 2014 – Dailymotion has selected Unified Streaming for its live streaming Platform. Dailymotion required streaming software with a small footprint that can ingest a variety of formats and also offer protection of live streams using DRM.
News categories: Unified Streaming, Dailymotion, Simon Westbroek, Vincent Colombet, Content Distribution, Streaming, Worldwide
- Roku launches OneView ad platform for Canada
- NEXTGEN TV launched on five local TV stations in St. Louis, MO
- Redbox signs distribution agreement with Vewd
- SpringServe first independent ad server to integrate with IRIS.TV
- Robust growth forecast for SVOD revenue in India
- Latest Vestel TVs certified for DTS:X immersive audio
- Wiztivi develops UI for Sagemcom Video Soundbox STB
- AlphaOTT partners with STI Telecom for OTT/IPTV headend services
- UEI providing voice-enabled remote for Astro's Ultra set-tops
- Ross Video withdraws from IBC 2021 exhibition
- Comcast brings XiOne streaming box to the U.S.
- Liberty Global to sell UPC Polska to iliad’s Play subsidiary
- Subscription fatigue in Australia? Not yet but on the way
- Sofia Digital working on a central service list registry for DVB-I
- Sony Pictures Networks India and Zee Entertainment negotiating merger
- Roku's Shopify app enables small business TV ad campaigns
- Americans move from bingeing on TV to social media in 2021
- VideoElephant makes 150 linear video channels available for licensing
- Android TV in 25% of advanced set-top boxes
- Pure TV launches in Ireland based on the Netgem TV platform