Digital TV News: Sky New Zealand
Sky NZ selects Intertrust ExpressPlay DRM cloud service
Jun 8, 2021 – Intertrust and Sky New Zealand have announced that Sky New Zealand will use Intertrust’s ExpressPlay DRM cloud service to help protect Sky New Zealand’s Sky Go, an OTT video service.
News categories: Intertrust, Sky New Zealand, Ali Hodjat, Jonny Errington, Digital TV, DRM, New Zealand, TV Everywhere
StarHub TV+ service and set-top box launched
Sep 10, 2020 – StarHub has announced StarHub TV+ is an all-in-one offering giving customers streaming services, apps and TV programmes through a single platform. The service is supported by a new StarHub TV+ Box bsaed on Android TV.
News categories: StarHub, Johan Buse, Android TV, Digital TV, Fibre, Set Top Box, Singapore, TV Everywhere
Sky New Zealand completes purchase of Lightbox
Feb 3, 2020 – Sky has confirmed that it has completed the purchase of entertainment streaming service Lightbox from Spark. The deal enables Sky to merge Lightbox with its own Neon service, creating a super-charged service for New Zealand customers.
News categories: Sky New Zealand, Sophie Moloney, Digital TV, MandA, New Zealand, OTT
New Zealand Rugby to become 5% shareholder in Sky NZ
Oct 13, 2019 – New Zealand Rugby (NZR) and Sky have announced a broadcast agreement which extends Sky’s existing SANZAAR broadcast rights to 2025. The agreement includes NZR becoming a 5% shareholder in Sky.
News categories: Sky New Zealand, New Zealand Rugby, Martin Stewart, Steve Tew, MandA, New Zealand, Satellite
Sky New Zealand advances multiscreen TV experiences with Cisco
Sep 14, 2017 – Sky New Zealand is transforming its Pay TV operations with the Cisco Infinite Video Platform. On the horizon is the introduction of a Hybrid PVR solution with Kaon Hybrid DVR STBs and VoD over IP, extending to iOS and Android personal consumer devices.
News categories: Cisco Systems, Sky New Zealand, Conrad Clemson, Julian Wheeler, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IBC, Mobile, New Zealand, Satellite, Set Top Box
thePlatform selected for Australia's 'Stan' SVOD
Mar 31, 2015 – thePlatform has announced that it has been selected by Stan, the joint venture between Nine Entertainment and Fairfax Media, to provide back-end video services for the Australian subscription video-on-demand (SVOD) service.
News categories: thePlatform, Stan, Marty Roberts, Mike Sneesby, Australia, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Mobile, OTT
SKY New Zealand to launch SVOD service
Jun 18, 2014 – New Zealand's SKY TV has announced that it will launch a stand-alone Subscription Video on Demand (SVOD) service before the end of 2014.
News categories: SKY Television, John Fellet, Digital TV, New Zealand, OTT
Pace preliminary results for the year ended 31 December 2013
Mar 4, 2014 – Pace (LSE: PIC) has announced its results for the year ended 31 December 2013. STB and Media Server revenues were up 8.4% to $1,979.6m in 2013, driven by demand for Media Servers in H1 2013 in North America and a number of new deployments in H2 2013.
News categories: Pace plc, Gateway, Middleware, Results, Set Top Box, Worldwide
SKY New Zealand reports results for the six months to 31 December 2012
Feb 22, 2013 – New Zealand's SKY Network Television Limited (ASX: SKT; NZX: SKT) has reported results for the six months to 31 December 2012. SKY Television ended 2012 with 827,445 DBS satellite subscribers, up from 826,125 at the end of 2011.
News categories: SKY Television, DVR, New Zealand, Results, Satellite, Subscribers
- JW Player raises $100m in Series E funding
- Xandr adopts OpenAP's OpenID audience identifier
- KKStream launches Streaming-as-a-Service solutions
- Astro set-top boxes to include Netflix
- MediaKind powers UEFA Euro 2020 live coverage at MEO
- NAB shows home learning via ATSC 3.0 for students without internet
- U.S. consumers feeling pain of streaming service fragmentation
- Telefonica backs up Movistar+ infrastructure in the cloud with Harmonic
- Irdeto and INVIDI offer integrated addressable TV solution
- UEI providing Android TV remotes to Claro Colombia
- Tubi supports Unified ID 2.0 initiative
- Portugal adds 29,000 pay TV subscribers in 1Q 2021
- 'Go Addressable' TV advertising initiative launched in the U.S.
- Brightcove and ByteArk partner on OTT technology in Thailand
- ATEME powers converged headend at TCCL in India
- NexPlayer joins AWS for Media & Entertainment initiative
- VuClip integrates Bitmovin video encoder on Google Cloud
- Univision to launch unified global streaming service
- View TV Group selects CommScope advertising technology
- Amino Technologies becomes Aferian