Digital TV News: Skyworth Digital
Skyworth Digital to show RDK TV for operators at CES 2024
Oct 18, 2023 – After its launch at IBC 2023, Skyworth Digital is to show its Operator Tier RDK TV at CES 2024. The TV comes with a Lightning Launcher, Amazon Alexa and the AndApps app store from Consult Red.
News categories: Skyworth Digital, Consult Red, CES2024, Digital TV, IBC2023, RDK, Smart TV, TV OS, UX, Worldwide
Skyworth's Strong-branded SRT420 STB integrates Live TV app from iWedia
Nov 8, 2022 – iWedia and Skyworth, under its brand name of Strong, have announced a partnership to facilitate the delivery of iWedia's Live TV application for retail hybrid Android devices.
News categories: iWedia, Skyworth, Hans-Jürgen Desor, Charlie Zheng, Digital TV, Set Top Box, UX, Worldwide
NetRange Smart TV portal and browser for Skyworth RDK STBs
Oct 31, 2022 – NetRange and Skyworth Digital Technology have announced that the NetRange Smart TV Portal for RDK and the NetFront™ Browser BE have been selected to provide content services through Skyworth RDK set-top boxes.
News categories: ACCESS Co, Skyworth Digital Technology, Michi Uematsu, Apps, Digital TV, Middleware, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Bhimavaram Community Network chooses Skyworth for 4K RDK IPTV set-tops
Jun 29, 2022 – Skyworth Digital has announced that Bhimavaram Community Network (BCN) has chosen Skyworth Digital as the provider of Asia's first 4K RDK IPTV set-top box for access to BCN's digital entertainment services.
News categories: Skyworth Digital, Bhimavaram Community Network, Conditional Access, Digital TV, India, IPTV, RDK, Set Top Box
ORS launches hybrid Android TV STBs powered by Skyworth and 3SS
May 4, 2022 – 3SS and Skyworth Digital have announced that ORS has launched next-generation satellite and terrestrial STBs for its simpliTV services. The Skyworth 4K hybrid boxes feature a customized UX created and delivered by 3SS.
News categories: 3SS, Skyworth Digital, simpliTV, Kai-Christian Borchers, Srithar Bala, Thomas Langsenlehner, Android TV, Austria, Digital TV, Satellite, Set Top Box, Terrestrial, UX
Amlogic and Skyworth create Netflix-ready RDK set-top box platform
Dec 3, 2021 – Amlogic and Skyworth Digital have announced that they have been selected as partners for the Da Vinci Netflix-on-RDK scaling program. Skyworth’s RDK platfrorm is a UHD IP-set top, running on an Amlogic S905X4 chipset.
News categories: Skyworth, Amlogic, Charlie Zheng, James Xie, Digital TV, RDK, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Streaming, Worldwide
Amlogic and Skyworth create Netflix-ready platform for RDK STBs
Jan 12, 2021 – Amlogic and Skyworth Digital have developed a Netflix pre-certified set-top box based on the RDK Video Accelerator. The box is an UHD IP-set top, running on Amlogic's S905X4 chipset.
News categories: Skyworth, Amlogic, Charlie Zheng, James Xie, CES2024, Digital TV, RDK, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Skyworth and 3SS create Netflix-ready Android TV platform
Oct 29, 2020 – 3 Screen Solutions (3SS) and Skyworth Digital have announced that they have integrated their technologies to create a new STB platform optimized to enable faster Android TV service launches with world-class viewing experiences.
News categories: 3 Screen Solutions, Skyworth, Srithar Bala, Android TV, Digital TV, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Streaming, UX, Worldwide
Skyworth and Amlogic unveil RDK Video Accelerator reference STB
Sep 9, 2020 – Skyworth Digital has joined the RDK Video Accelerator program, and unveiled a reference OTT STB that comes pre-integrated with the RDK application framework and the Metrological App Store.
News categories: Skyworth, Amlogic, Charlie Zheng, James Xie, Steve Heeb, Digital TV, RDK, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Worldwide
- YMEDIA launches tokenized AI Smart TV ad network
- Barb awards metadata, interim overnight programme and commercial logs contracts
- FreeWheel and OrkaTV bring FAST channel access to advertisers
- América Móvil increases shareholding in Telekom Austria
- Tele Columbus taps Simply.TV for advanced metadata
- AOMedia offers spatial audio specification under royalty-free license
- TheViewPoint integrates with FreeWheel
- Australia to introduce 'prominence framework' for local broadcast services
- Telecom and pay-TV revenue in Hong Kong to grow at 1.1% CAGR
- Proximus optimises delivery of Pickx with Velocix Analytics
- Traditional US pay-TV services face continued decline
- Edgio adds player-independent video performance reports
- Flat panel display oversupply to continue into 2024
- Japan SVOD service revenue to reach $6 billion in 2027
- Ateme powers NT's sports video contribution in Asia and beyond
- Global TV shipments to fall below 197 million units in 2023
- WSTS revises semiconductor growth projections slightly upward
- Go Addressable becomes industry trade body
- NorDig releases IRD 3.2.1 and Test Plan 3.2.1 specs
- Improved tool helps ensure interoperability of DASH delivery