Digital TV News: Sony Pictures Entertainment
ContentBay launches, bringing content licensing into the digital era
Oct 3, 2022 – ContentBay has launched its global entertainment database, providing a way to explore, analyse, compare, share, and trade content, simply and securely.
News categories: ContentBay, Oliver Skelton, Dr Holger Enßlin, Christian Unterseer, Mike Jackson, Big Data, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Worldwide
Sony Pictures Networks India and Zee Entertainment Enterprises agree merger
Dec 22, 2021 – Sony Pictures Networks India (SPNI) and Zee Entertainment Enterprises (ZEEL) have signed definitive agreements to merge ZEEL with and into SPNI and combine their linear networks, digital assets, production operations and program libraries.
News categories: Zee Entertainment, Sony Pictures Networks India, Punit Goenka, N.P. Singh, Digital TV, India, MandA, Streaming
Antenna Group acquires Sony Pictures Television Network's CEE portfolio
Oct 2, 2021 – Antenna Group has agreed with Sony Pictures Television to acquire the CEE AXN, Sony and Viasat 3 & Viasat 6 pay TV channels and On Demand services as part of a major investment in the region.
News categories: Antenna Group, Sony Pictures, Theodore Kyriakou, Adam Theiler, Content Distribution, Europe, MandA, Streaming
Sony Pictures Networks India and Zee Entertainment negotiating merger
Sep 22, 2021 – Sony Pictures Networks India (SPNI) and Zee Entertainment Enterprises (ZEEL) have entered into an exclusive, non-binding Term Sheet to combine their linear networks, digital assets, production operations and program libraries.
News categories: Sony Pictures Networks, Zee Entertainment, Digital TV, India, MandA
Sony brings BRAVIA CORE film entertainment to BRAVIA XR TVs
Apr 6, 2021 – Created in collaboration with Sony Pictures Entertainment (SPE), BRAVIA CORE was developed to offer feature films and other content in the highest quality to purchasers of Sony’s new line of TVs.
News categories: Sony Pictures, IMAX Corporation, Pete Wood, Keith Le Goy, Bruce Markoe, Digital TV, Smart TV, Streaming, Worldwide
Sony announces BRAVIA TVs with 'Cognitive Processor XR'
Jan 7, 2021 – Sony has announced the world's first cognitive intelligence TVs. Powered by its Cognitive Processor XR, picture elements are adjusted to their best final outcome, so everything is synchronized and lifelike.
News categories: Sony Electronics, Mike Fasulo, Android TV, CES2023, Digital TV, Smart TV, USA, UX, Worldwide
Movies Anywhere now available on VIZIO SmartCast TVs
Jun 23, 2020 – VIZIO has added the MOVIES ANYWHERE app to its SmartCast TV platform. MOVIES ANYWHERE offers a way for users to access movies purchased across platforms and digital retailer accounts, all in one place.
News categories: VIZIO, Movies Anywhere, Mike O'Donnel, Karin Gilford, Digital TV, Smart TV, Streaming, USA
Movies Anywhere app comes to LG Smart TVs
Mar 27, 2020 – LG Electronics USA and Movies Anywhere have announced the arrival of the Movies Anywhere app on LG Smart TVs. Movies Anywhere lets users enjoy their purchased or redeemed digital movies combined in one simplified, personal collection.
News categories: LG Electronics, Movies Anywhere, Apps, Digital TV, Smart TV, Streaming, USA
IMDb TV triples content selection and plans European expansion
Jun 17, 2019 – IMDb has announced that its free streaming video channel, IMDb TV, has plans to triple its content selection through deals with Warner Bros., Sony Pictures Entertainment, MGM Studios and others. Additionally, IMDb TV will launch in Europe later this year.
News categories: IMDb, Mark Eamer, Marc Whitten, Digital TV, Europe, Streaming
- Disney Clean Room technology integrated with VideoAmp
- Smart TV shipments in India up 38% YoY in Q3 2022
- VR device shipments to bounce back in 2023
- Seven Network partners with Imagine Communications
- Fixed Wireless Access forecast to top 300 million connections in six years
- Breezeline expands fiber services in New Hampshire
- U.S. consumers watch over six hours of video per week on their mobiles
- Semiconductor market expected to decline slightly in 2023
- 6G-Datacast.tv offers datacasting protocol for ATSC 3.0
- Bedrock powers RTL streaming service in Hungary
- KONKA plans GCC region expansion
- Dyn Media chooses Deltatre to deliver end-to-end OTT service
- Globecast providing cloud playout and distribution for EarthxTV
- Worldwide semiconductor revenue to fall 3.6% in 2023
- Mediaroom Play powers streaming experiences for more viewers in Canada
- DAZN and Irdeto fight piracy in premium sports
- Global OTT revenues to grow to $243 billion in 2028
- VEON to sell Russian operations to their management
- MASMEDIA TV selects StreamVX energy-efficient encoding
- Regional versions of BBC One HD to roll out in England by Spring 2023