Digital TV News: Strategy & Technology
Alticast, S&T and UniSoft show ATSC 3.0 solution at NAB NYC 2018
Oct 9, 2018 – At NAB NYC 2018, Alticast, S&T and UniSoft will demonstrate how the companies’ combined technologies allow broadcasters and content delivery networks to fully leverage the benefits and monetization potential of the ATSC 3.0 Next Gen TV broadcast standard.
News categories: Alticast, S&T, UniSoft, Jae Park, Adrian Fowkes, ATSC 3, Content Distribution, Digital TV, NABShow, USA, UX
S&T, ACCESS and Pixsan offer combined solution for DVB and HbbTV
Apr 27, 2015 – Strategy & Technology, ACCESS Co, and Pixsan Digital Software have announced the launch of 'Project Uno', a software solution leveraging the Universal Television Kit (UTK) Shared Source base for hybrid TV.
News categories: S&T, ACCESS Co, Pixsan, David Cutts, Dr. Neale Foster, Jon Williams, Digital TV, HbbTV, MHEG-5, Middleware, Set Top Box, Terrestrial, UK, Video Exchange, Worldwide
Alticast, S&T and UniSoft demonstrate TV apps for ATSC at NAB 2015
Apr 8, 2015 – At NAB 2015, Alticast, Strategy & Technology (S&T) and UniSoft are partnering to demonstrate how the companies combined technologies enable broadcasters to deliver ATSC Interactive applications by overlaying graphics onto their video content.
News categories: Alticast, Strategy & Technology, UniSoft, John Carlucci, Adrian Fowkes, Guy Hadland, Apps, ATSC 3, NABShow, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Alticast and S&T demo interactive TV applications for ATSC 2.0 at IBCShow
Sep 8, 2014 – Alticast and Strategy & Technology (S&T) will demonstrate at IBC 2014 how the companies combined technologies enable broadcasters to deliver ATSC 2.0 applications by overlaying graphics onto their video content.
News categories: Alticast, Strategy & Technology, John Carlucci, Adrian Fowkes, Apps, ATSC 3, Digital TV, HTML5, IBC, USA
HbbTV Association announces Asian symposium
May 27, 2014 – The HbbTV Association has announced the 'HbbTV Symposium: Asia'. The conference is to take place on June 18th at the Marina Bay Sands Hotel, Singapore during the Broadcast Asia and CommunicAsia 2014 tradeshows.
News categories: HbbTV Association, Régis Saint Girons, Kirk Edwardson, Asia, ConnecTechAsia, HbbTV, Singapore
S&T provides security for OTT premium content on UK Freeview
May 20, 2014 – Strategy & Technology has built on its established Bastion security system to develop Bastion Pro. It is currently the only security offering for Freeview HD TVs that provides hardware authentication, thus enabling protection of premium content.
News categories: Strategy & Technology, David Cutts, CAM, Content Protection, Digital TV, Streaming, Terrestrial, UK
Digisoft.tv integrates MHEG from S&T
Dec 5, 2012 – Digisoft.tv has announced the integration of RedKey, the MHEG 5 engine from S&T, into its set-top box middleware stack, Iris. The company will offer MHEG, including interaction channel components, as a standard part of its DVB offering.
News categories: Digisoft.tv, Strategy & Technology, MHEG-5, Middleware
Complete Solution for streamed content available to Freeview and Freesat consumers
Aug 31, 2012 – Synapse TV brings together SimpleStream, S&T and Vision21 (V21) to deliver a one-stop solution to integrate over the top internet video into digital broadcasting systems.
News categories: Strategy & Technology, SimpleStream, Vision21, IBC, MHEG-5, Streaming, UK
S&T and FourthWall Media to integrate EBIF tools
Sep 15, 2011 – Strategy & Technology (S&T) has announced a partnership with FourthWall Media to integrate key features of each company's EBIF tools.
News categories: Strategy & Technology, FourthWall Media, Cable TV, Middleware
- Americans move from bingeing on TV to social media in 2021
- VideoElephant makes 150 linear video channels available for licensing
- Android TV in 25% of advanced set-top boxes
- Pure TV launches in Ireland based on the Netgem TV platform
- FreeWheel and Strategus unlock access to CTV inventory
- SVOD subscriptions in Eastern Europe to double
- Roku introduces 4K and 4K+ streaming sticks
- rlaxx TV to monetise linear ad breaks with smartclip
- Conviva releases State of Streaming: Content Discovery report
- Roku OS 10.5 to begin rollout in next few weeks
- Altice France to acquire Coriolis Telecom
- Eltrona launches TV+ with ocilion
- Record YoY growth for India's Smart TV market in Q2
- Disney+ comes to Panasonic TVs
- Innovid introduces interoperable infrastructure for identity resolution
- Ampersand launches improved solution for multiscreen TV campaign measurement
- Dl Gtpl chooses ATEME cable headend solution
- Vewd enables video calling and targeted advertising on the TV
- Rakuten and Telefónica launch event booking app on Movistar+ TV
- C&W Panamá to acquire América Móvil's Panama operations