Digital TV News: Strategy & Technology
Alticast, S&T and UniSoft show ATSC 3.0 solution at NAB NYC 2018
Oct 9, 2018 – At NAB NYC 2018, Alticast, S&T and UniSoft will demonstrate how the companies’ combined technologies allow broadcasters and content delivery networks to fully leverage the benefits and monetization potential of the ATSC 3.0 Next Gen TV broadcast standard.
News categories: Alticast, S&T, UniSoft, Jae Park, Adrian Fowkes, ATSC 3, Content Distribution, Digital TV, NABShow, USA, UX
S&T, ACCESS and Pixsan offer combined solution for DVB and HbbTV
Apr 27, 2015 – Strategy & Technology, ACCESS Co, and Pixsan Digital Software have announced the launch of 'Project Uno', a software solution leveraging the Universal Television Kit (UTK) Shared Source base for hybrid TV.
News categories: S&T, ACCESS Co, Pixsan, David Cutts, Dr. Neale Foster, Jon Williams, Digital TV, HbbTV, MHEG-5, Middleware, Set Top Box, Terrestrial, UK, Video Exchange, Worldwide
Alticast, S&T and UniSoft demonstrate TV apps for ATSC at NAB 2015
Apr 8, 2015 – At NAB 2015, Alticast, Strategy & Technology (S&T) and UniSoft are partnering to demonstrate how the companies combined technologies enable broadcasters to deliver ATSC Interactive applications by overlaying graphics onto their video content.
News categories: Alticast, Strategy & Technology, UniSoft, John Carlucci, Adrian Fowkes, Guy Hadland, Apps, ATSC 3, NABShow, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Alticast and S&T demo interactive TV applications for ATSC 2.0 at IBCShow
Sep 8, 2014 – Alticast and Strategy & Technology (S&T) will demonstrate at IBC 2014 how the companies combined technologies enable broadcasters to deliver ATSC 2.0 applications by overlaying graphics onto their video content.
News categories: Alticast, Strategy & Technology, John Carlucci, Adrian Fowkes, Apps, ATSC 3, Digital TV, HTML5, IBC2022, USA
HbbTV Association announces Asian symposium
May 27, 2014 – The HbbTV Association has announced the 'HbbTV Symposium: Asia'. The conference is to take place on June 18th at the Marina Bay Sands Hotel, Singapore during the Broadcast Asia and CommunicAsia 2014 tradeshows.
News categories: HbbTV Association, Régis Saint Girons, Kirk Edwardson, Asia, BroadcastAsia, HbbTV, Singapore
S&T provides security for OTT premium content on UK Freeview
May 20, 2014 – Strategy & Technology has built on its established Bastion security system to develop Bastion Pro. It is currently the only security offering for Freeview HD TVs that provides hardware authentication, thus enabling protection of premium content.
News categories: Strategy & Technology, David Cutts, CAM, Content Protection, Digital TV, Streaming, Terrestrial, UK
Digisoft.tv integrates MHEG from S&T
Dec 5, 2012 – Digisoft.tv has announced the integration of RedKey, the MHEG 5 engine from S&T, into its set-top box middleware stack, Iris. The company will offer MHEG, including interaction channel components, as a standard part of its DVB offering.
News categories: Digisoft.tv, Strategy & Technology, MHEG-5, Middleware
Complete Solution for streamed content available to Freeview and Freesat consumers
Aug 31, 2012 – Synapse TV brings together SimpleStream, S&T and Vision21 (V21) to deliver a one-stop solution to integrate over the top internet video into digital broadcasting systems.
News categories: Strategy & Technology, SimpleStream, Vision21, IBC2022, MHEG-5, Streaming, UK
S&T and FourthWall Media to integrate EBIF tools
Sep 15, 2011 – Strategy & Technology (S&T) has announced a partnership with FourthWall Media to integrate key features of each company's EBIF tools.
News categories: Strategy & Technology, FourthWall Media, Cable TV, Middleware
- Sky NZ reveals IP-only solution for VodafoneTV customers
- IAB Tech Lab releases updates to SIMID 1.2 and VAST 4.3 for comment
- Semiconductor market slowdown picks up speed
- MultiChoice to be second syndication partner for Sky Glass
- Canadian program drives energy efficiency of new set-top boxes
- Tring selects multiscreen solution from SmartLabs
- TP Vision to be launch partner for DTG DVB-I Test Suite
- beIN sports, iQIYI and TVBAnywhere+ apps now on Astro Ultra Box
- Air Broadband adds Netgem TV to its offer in the UK
- SeaChange to power FIFA World Cup streaming for Grupo TVCable
- Share of large panel TVs triples in India to over 40%
- Turk Telekom rolls out IPTV/OTT platform with ZTE
- OKAST powers Endemol France channels on Samsung TV Plus
- CommScope launches HomeVista pre-integrated video solution
- StarHub releases Android TV set-top box with integrated soundbar
- Broadcast and cable show signs of revival in U.S.
- EU proposes new cybersecurity rules for hardware and software products
- Vestel launches 97XX 4K UHD set-top box series
- Telekom and RTL Deutschland use 5G network slicing to broadcast live TV
- Netflix to remain SVOD world leader