Digital TV News: TCL
First TVs powered by TiVo Stream OS expected in late 2023/early 2024
May 9, 2022 – Xperi (NASDAQ: XPER) has announced results for the first quarter ended March 31, 2022. The company expects to launch the first TVs powered by TiVo Stream OS in late 2023 or early 2024.
News categories: Xperi, Jon Kirchner, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, Results, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Worldwide
Stingray signs FAST Channels distribution agreement with TCL FALCON
Apr 20, 2022 – Stingray (TSX: RAY. A; RAY. B) has announced that it has reached an agreement for the distribution of a suite of free ad-supported channels (FAST channels) to TCL smart TVs in Australia, Brazil, India, Mexico and the United States.
News categories: Stingray, TCL FALCON, Manfred Orth, Rebecca Wan, Australia, Brazil, Content Distribution, Digital TV, India, Mexico, Smart TV, Streaming, USA
FFalcon selects SpringServe for TCL Channel ad monetization
Mar 31, 2022 – SpringServe has announced an integration with FFalcon to power the TCL Channel inventory. SpringServe’s advanced ad serving and inventory management technology helps clients streamline their monetization.
News categories: SpringServe, FFalcon, Leon Siotis, Advertising, Digital TV, Smart TV, Streaming, Worldwide
Bouygues Telecom deploys IPTV-over-WiFi STB from Technicolor
Mar 24, 2022 – Technicolor (Paris:TCH, OTCQX:TCLRY) has partnered with Bouygues Telecom (Paris:Bouygues) to develop and deploy an Android 4K UHD set-top box (STB) integrated with Wi-Fi that delivers video experiences for consumers in France.
News categories: Technicolor, Bouygues Telecom, Mercedes Pastor, Laure Joslet, Digital TV, France, IPTV, Set Top Box
FAST Channels TV secures distribution on over 17 OTT platforms
Mar 21, 2022 – FAST Channels TV has announced that their newly launched platform, allowing partners to leverage their 170+ channel package of free, ad-supported channels, has secured distribution in over 17 platforms.
News categories: FAST Channels TV, Russell Foy, Feiyang Ding, Navroz Prasla, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Streaming, Worldwide
Record Smart TV shipments in India in 2021
Mar 3, 2022 – India's TV shipments grew 48% YoY in Q4 2021 and 24% YoY in 2021, according to Counterpoint Research. The smart TV market grew even faster at 55% YoY in 2021 and 65% YoY in Q4 2021 to reach its highest ever shipments for a calendar year.
News categories: Counterpoint Research, Akash Jatwala, Digital TV, India, Market Research, Smart TV
RTL Group creates international advertising sales unit
Feb 17, 2022 – RTL Group is to combine its RTL AdConnect, G+J iMS businesses and the media division of Smartclip to create an international advertising sales champion. The unit will cooperate with RTL's Yospace and Smartclip for ad-tech services.
News categories: RTL Group, Thomas Rabe, Stéphane Coruble, Daniel Bischoff, Advertising, Europe, MandA
allrites to supply TCL FFalcon with AVOD and FAST channel content
Feb 16, 2022 – allrites has announced a partnership with TCL FFalcon to supply both AVOD and FAST channels as support for TCL's growing advertising connected TV business. allrites will provide content selected from its global marketplace.
News categories: allrites, TCL FFalcon, Matt Ding, Digital TV, Smart TV, Streaming, Worldwide
THEMA partners with Amagi for worldwide FAST distribution
Feb 10, 2022 – Amagi has announced that THEMA, a leading independent distributor of Pay TV channels to cable, IPTV, DTH operators, has formed a partnership agreement with Amagi to distribute channels across FAST platforms around the globe.
News categories: Amagi, THEMA, Srinivasan Ka, Sylvie Michel, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Streaming, Worldwide
- Major U.S. pay TV providers lost ~1,925,000 subscribers in 2Q 2022
- Pay TV revenues in Australia to continue to decline
- Samba TV enters Spanish market via partnership with Smartclip
- Ad-supported Disney+ tier to launch in the U.S. on December 8th
- Foxxum launches RDK-based OS for Connected TVs
- Gracenote enables optimized program metadata distribution
- VIZIO Account simplifies subscriptions for its Smart TV customers
- Discovery+ launching on Sling TV and Dish TV
- FAST Channels TV provides linear channels for Digital TV Cyprus OTT platform
- Video streaming services lost further playtime per user in H1 2022
- BARB releases Establishment Survey data for the UK for Q2 2022
- Simulmedia and TiVo renew data-licensing partnership
- Paramount+ joins Roku Channel’s Premium Subscriptions lineup
- Altice USA residential video RGUs down 85,000 in 2Q 2022
- DISH Network pay TV subscribers down 257,000 in 2Q 2022
- Over six million Android TV OS deployments for iWedia
- RTL Deutschland and Seven.One Entertainment to create addressable TV JV
- Charter residential video customers down 240,000 in 2Q 2022
- Access Advance adds further patent owners
- Disney+ app integrated on Foxtel set top boxes