Digital TV News: TV5MONDE
TV5MONDE adds TV5MONDE Pacifique HD to its bouquet on AsiaSat 5
Sep 27, 2022 – Asia Satellite Telecommunications has announced that TV5MONDE has selected AsiaSat 5 to distribute TV5MONDE Pacifique HD to serve audiences in regions of North East Asia and Oceania.
News categories: AsiaSat, TV5MONDE, Ina Lui, Alexandre Muller, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Hong Kong, Japan, Korea, Oceania, Satellite
SoftAtHome powers hybrid satellite set-top box for Orange in Africa
Sep 8, 2022 – SoftAtHome has equipped a hybrid OTT/satellite STB targeting several African countries. The box integrates Canal+ International and several additional services including Orange VOD, Canal+ Replay, YouTube, TV5Monde+ and local TV channels.
News categories: SoftAtHome, David Viret Lange, Côte d'Ivoire, Digital TV, DRC, IBC2022, Mali, Middleware, Satellite, Senegal, Set Top Box
TV5MONDE expands global reach with Harmonic cloud streaming
May 24, 2022 – Harmonic (NASDAQ: HLIT) has announced that TV5MONDE is streaming its channels to millions of households with Harmonic's VOS®360 cloud SaaS platform. The platform streamlines all stages of the media processing and delivery chain.
News categories: Harmonic, TV5MONDE, Tony Berthaud, Sébastien Bogaert, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Streaming, Worldwide
TV5MONDE selects Wiztivi to further its linear TV reach
Dec 17, 2020 – Wiztivi has announced that it has worked with TV5MONDE on the development, maintenance and supervision of a multilingual OTT app allowing TV5MONDE's audience to access a linear channel in HD with subtitles.
News categories: Wiztivi, TV5MONDE, Thibault Demartial, Diane Couderc, Apps, Digital TV, France, Streaming, UX
TV5MONDEplus launches globally with Red Bee and Dotscreen
Oct 27, 2020 – Red Bee Media and Dotscreen were instrumental in the launch of TV5MONDEplus, the new global video-on-demand platform with free French speaking series, films and documentaries in full HD quality, subtitled in 5 languages.
News categories: Red Bee Media, Dotscreen, TV5MONDEplus, Steve Nylund, Stanislas Leridon, Hélène Zemmour, Apps, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Streaming, UX, Worldwide
45% of Thai consumers use pirated TV boxes
Nov 14, 2018 – In a recent study, commissioned by the Asia Video Industry Association's Coalition Against Piracy, into the content viewing behaviour of Thai consumers, it was revealed that 45% of consumers use a TV box which can be used to stream pirated television and video content.
News categories: Asia Video Industry Association, True Visions, Neil Gane, Sompan Charumilinda, Content Protection, Digital TV, Market Research, Set Top Box, Streaming, Thailand
Nearly one in four Hong Kong consumers use pirated TV boxes
Jun 25, 2018 – In a newly released Casbaa survey of the content viewing behaviour of Hong Kong consumers, it was revealed that close to one in four consumers (24%) use a TV box which can be used to stream pirated television and video content.
News categories: Casbaa, Neil Gane, Louis Boswell, Content Protection, Digital TV, Hong Kong, Streaming
Piracy-enabling STB supplier closed down in Australia
Nov 28, 2017 – Following a joint investigation in Australia by the Alliance for Creativity and Entertainment (ACE) and CASBAA's Coalition Against Piracy (CAP) into a large supplier of IPTV set-top boxes, pre-loaded to play pirated movies, television shows, sports programming, and other content has had these operations closed down in Australia.
News categories: CASBAA, Alliance for Creativity and Entertainment, Neil Gane, Zoe Thorogood, Australia, Content Protection, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Streaming
CASBAA forms Coalition Against Piracy in Asia
Oct 19, 2017 – CASBAA has announced the formation of the Coalition Against Piracy (CAP), an initiative to coordinate industry resources in the fight against rampant content theft. The CAP includes leading video content creators and distributors in Asia.
News categories: CASBAA, John Medeiros, Neil Gane, Asia, Content Protection, Digital TV
- 24i supports launch of Philips Hue Sync TV App
- J:COM deploys Qwilt Open Caching solution
- Breezeline Stream TV comes to Cleveland and Columbus, Ohio
- Sale of Millicom to Apollo Global Management and Claure Group in discussion
- Comcast cable video subscribers down 2.034 million in 2022
- Disney strikes streaming measurement deal with EDO
- ITV increases investment in InfoSum
- German study shows high losses from TV piracy
- European Audiovisual Observatory publishes report on media ownership in Europe
- NBA games to be available in VR through Meta Horizon Worlds
- Simply.TV signs metadata deal with YouSee
- Verizon FIOS consumer video subscribers down 80,000 in 4Q 2022
- Unified TV ad measurement to be launched in Finland
- KPN introduces KPN TV+ streaming service
- ENENSYS releases ATSC 3.0 modulator for digital TV transmitters
- iWedia report reveals drivers behind set-top box OS selection
- Fabric acquires Internet Video Archive (IVA)
- MENA pay TV subscriptions to grow by 2 million over next 6 years
- Prime Video and DAZN sign global distribution partnership
- CIMM, 4A's and TVB looking at action plan for U.S. local TV measurement