Digital TV News: TV5MONDE
TV5MONDE expands global reach with Harmonic cloud streaming
May 24, 2022 – Harmonic (NASDAQ: HLIT) has announced that TV5MONDE is streaming its channels to millions of households with Harmonic's VOS®360 cloud SaaS platform. The platform streamlines all stages of the media processing and delivery chain.
News categories: Harmonic, TV5MONDE, Tony Berthaud, Sébastien Bogaert, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Streaming, Worldwide
TV5MONDE selects Wiztivi to further its linear TV reach
Dec 17, 2020 – Wiztivi has announced that it has worked with TV5MONDE on the development, maintenance and supervision of a multilingual OTT app allowing TV5MONDE's audience to access a linear channel in HD with subtitles.
News categories: Wiztivi, TV5MONDE, Thibault Demartial, Diane Couderc, Apps, Digital TV, France, Streaming, UX
TV5MONDEplus launches globally with Red Bee and Dotscreen
Oct 27, 2020 – Red Bee Media and Dotscreen were instrumental in the launch of TV5MONDEplus, the new global video-on-demand platform with free French speaking series, films and documentaries in full HD quality, subtitled in 5 languages.
News categories: Red Bee Media, Dotscreen, TV5MONDEplus, Steve Nylund, Stanislas Leridon, Hélène Zemmour, Apps, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Streaming, UX, Worldwide
45% of Thai consumers use pirated TV boxes
Nov 14, 2018 – In a recent study, commissioned by the Asia Video Industry Association's Coalition Against Piracy, into the content viewing behaviour of Thai consumers, it was revealed that 45% of consumers use a TV box which can be used to stream pirated television and video content.
News categories: Asia Video Industry Association, True Visions, Neil Gane, Sompan Charumilinda, Content Protection, Digital TV, Market Research, Set Top Box, Streaming, Thailand
Nearly one in four Hong Kong consumers use pirated TV boxes
Jun 25, 2018 – In a newly released Casbaa survey of the content viewing behaviour of Hong Kong consumers, it was revealed that close to one in four consumers (24%) use a TV box which can be used to stream pirated television and video content.
News categories: Casbaa, Neil Gane, Louis Boswell, Content Protection, Digital TV, Hong Kong, Streaming
Piracy-enabling STB supplier closed down in Australia
Nov 28, 2017 – Following a joint investigation in Australia by the Alliance for Creativity and Entertainment (ACE) and CASBAA's Coalition Against Piracy (CAP) into a large supplier of IPTV set-top boxes, pre-loaded to play pirated movies, television shows, sports programming, and other content has had these operations closed down in Australia.
News categories: CASBAA, Alliance for Creativity and Entertainment, Neil Gane, Zoe Thorogood, Australia, Content Protection, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Streaming
CASBAA forms Coalition Against Piracy in Asia
Oct 19, 2017 – CASBAA has announced the formation of the Coalition Against Piracy (CAP), an initiative to coordinate industry resources in the fight against rampant content theft. The CAP includes leading video content creators and distributors in Asia.
News categories: CASBAA, John Medeiros, Neil Gane, Asia, Content Protection, Digital TV
TV5MONDE selects Brightcove Video Cloud to power OTT in Asia Pacific
May 30, 2016 – Brightcove (NASDAQ: BCOV) has announced that TV5MONDE has selected Brightcove Video Cloud to power its regional OTT video service, TV5MONDE+ Asie and TV5MONDE+ Pacifique.
News categories: Brightcove, TV5MONDE, Tomer Azenkot, Alexandre Muller, Asia, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Streaming
Nigeria's ConSat TV DTH chooses AMOS-5 at 17°E
Feb 10, 2015 – Spacecom (Tel Aviv: SCC) has announced that the AMOS-5 satellite at the 17°E prime orbital position has been chosen to transmit ConSat TV (Continental Satellite), a DTH provider in Nigeria.
News categories: Spacecom, ConSat TV, Eitan Mesika, Mayo Okunola, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Nigeria, Satellite
- Comscore adds CTV measurement for Indonesia and Malaysia
- MediaTek adds Fraunhofer MPEG-H Audio to Smart TV SoCs
- Vault AI selects Whip Media global audience engagement data
- TVCoins launches white-label FAST platform with viewing incentives built-in
- NAGRA and AIHunters partner on automated ad insertion
- RemoteMeeting video conferencing now available on LG Smart TVs
- Nielsen to measure NFL Thursday Night Football on Prime Video
- Paramount+ subscription bundled into Walmart+
- SVOD subscriptions in Africa to triple by 2027
- UK's Ofcom releases Media Nations 2022 report
- Amagi to power VIDAA's global FAST service expansion
- SEI Robotics and 3SS power Tele2 Tv Hub Mini dongle
- Global installed base of smart home devices exceeds 2bn in 2022
- HBO Max to be available to KPN's broadband, TV and mobile customers
- Major U.S. pay TV providers lost ~1,925,000 subscribers in 2Q 2022
- Pay TV revenues in Australia to continue to decline
- Samba TV enters Spanish market via partnership with Smartclip
- Ad-supported Disney+ tier to launch in the U.S. on December 8th
- Foxxum launches RDK-based OS for Connected TVs
- Gracenote enables optimized program metadata distribution