Digital TV News: Telekom Austria
A1 Slovenia launches personalized TV with Zappware
May 19, 2020 – The A1 Group has now deployed, with Zappware, its personalized TV service, A1 Xplore TV, in Slovenia. A1 Xplore TV customers gain direct access to YouTube via the set-top box, with more 3rd party content providers to follow.
News categories: Zappware, A1 Slovenia, Patrick Vos, Lovro Peterlin, Apps, Digital TV, IPTV, OTT, Set Top Box, Slovenia
A1 Austria launches Zappware’s advanced TV solution
Mar 16, 2020 – A1 Telekom Austria Group has launched a content and streaming platform in multiple markets based on Zappware’s advanced TV solution. A1 Xplore TV has been rolled-out across A1's markets, covering both IPTV and DVB-C networks.
News categories: Zappware, A1 Telekom Austria, Alexander Kuchar, Austria, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Set Top Box
A1 Bulgaria selects Agama for service quality and customer experience assurance
Feb 4, 2020 – Agama Technologies has announced that A1 Bulgaria has implemented Agama's Client Device Monitoring and Analytics solution (CDM). This solution enables real-time understanding of service performance and customer experience for every subscriber.
News categories: Agama, A1 Bulgaria, Mikael Dahlgren, Jordan Mladenov, Bulgaria, Digital TV, IPTV, QoE
A1 Telekom partners with Vubiquity for TVOD launch in Bulgaria
Dec 9, 2019 – Vubiquity (NASDAQ: DOX) has announced that it will provide A1 Bulgaria with fully managed end-to-end content management and processing services to support the roll-out of A1's first TVoD platform in the region.
News categories: Vubiquity, A1 Bulgaria, Darcy Antonellis, Mihail Semerdzhiev, Bulgaria, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IPTV
A1 streams 8K video via 5G for the first time ever in Austria
Aug 26, 2019 – At the European Forum Alpbach 2019, A1 streamed an 8K video via the A1 5G network for the first time ever in Austria. Together with Nokia and Samsung, A1 presented one of the many fields of application for the new mobile technology.
News categories: A1 Telekom, Nokia, Samsung, Thomas Arnoldner, Marcus Grausam, 5G, Austria, Content Distribution, Digital TV
A1 Telekom Austria adds 5k TV RGUs in 1Q 2019
Apr 29, 2019 – A1 Telekom Austria Group (VSE: TKA, OTC US: TKAGY) has announced results for its quarter ending March 31, 2019. Overall, TV RGUs were up 5 thousand units (0.3%) in the quarter and up 211 thousand units (14.7%) versus the same point in 2018.
News categories: Telekom Austria, Austria, Belarus, Bulgaria, Croatia, Digital TV, IPTV, Macedonia, Results, Satellite, Slovenia, Subscribers
EU approves acquisition of UPC Austria by T-Mobile Austria
Jul 9, 2018 – The European Commission has approved unconditionally the proposed acquisition of UPC Austria by T-Mobile Austria. The Commission concluded that the transaction would raise no competition concerns as the companies' activities and assets are largely complementary.
News categories: European Commission, T-Mobile Austria, UPC Austria, Austria, Cable TV, Digital TV, MnA
T-Mobile Austria acquires UPC Austria
Dec 22, 2017 – T-Mobile Austria has announced the acquisition of UPC Austria, an indirect subsidiary of Liberty Global. The combined company will be an integrated provider of mobile and fixed line broadband internet, IoT, mobile and fixed line telephony as well as TV and entertainment products in Austria.
News categories: Deutsche Telekom, T-Mobile Austria, UPC Austria, Srini Gopalan, Andreas Bierwirth, Austria, Cable TV, Digital TV, MnA
G.fast set for nearly 29 million end users by 2021
Oct 17, 2016 – An Ovum report jointly commissioned by nbn and BT has predicted that new ultra-fast copper technology G.fast will be serving nearly 30 million subscriber homes and businesses around the world by 2021.
News categories: Ovum, nbn, Openreach, Matthew Howett, Dennis Steiger, Clive Selley, BBWF, Broadband, Market Research, Worldwide
- Pay TV ARPU at record high levels in the Nordics
- Applicaster Quick Brick Framework speeds video app development
- Evolution Digital launches Android TV device management platform
- Zixi powers 4K UHD Bloomberg TV+ service
- Telekom Malaysia selects Skyworth as 4K Android TV Operator Tier partner
- FourthWall Media adds Neilsen Smart TV ACR data to analytics platform
- TDS Telecom rolls-out IP video and Cloud DVR with Velocix
- A1now selects Vionlabs for AI-powered recommendations
- Global AVOD expenditure to double
- Gem Shopping Network to use Comscore TV measurement
- United Group makes strategic investment in Forthnet
- Disney+ and Apple TV+ both see success during first six months in the market
- Comcast, Charter and ViacomCBS announce Blockgraph partnership
- Britbox app now available on BT TV set-top boxes
- Conviva partners with Akamai on QoE intelligence
- ATRESMEDIA and smartclip deepen HbbTV advertising partnership
- Bouygues Telecom replaces set-top box with Smart TV app
- Comscore, Kantar extend measurement partnership with Auditel Italy
- Pay TV revenues to plunge to $150 billion
- Cable-Tec Expo unable to go ahead