Digital TV News: Teleste
Telenor adds edge QAM device management from Teleste
Feb 16, 2023 – Telenor has selected Teleste to manage its edge QAM devices. The operator was already using Teleste's headend as an edge QAM platform, and the new software now helps it manage the devices remotely.
News categories: Teleste, Telenor, Thomas Nordh, Cable TV, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Sweden
DNA deploys Teleste transcoders for live TV and VOD services
Sep 13, 2018 – Teleste has revealed that DNA has deployed Teleste's Optimo transcoders for the delivery of live TV and VOD via OTT networks. The transcoders enable DNA to provide 4K TV channels and streaming videos, and customers can also enjoy the content on mobile devices.
News categories: Teleste, DNA, Julius Tikkanen, Pekka Jääskeläinen, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Finland, IBC2023, Streaming
Teleste to deliver headend system to Türksat
Jun 11, 2018 – Teleste will deliver a complete headend system to Türksat in cooperation with its Turkish Value Added Reseller. Based on Teleste’s Luminato digital headend, the deployment will provide Türksat with a platform for CATV, OTT and IPTV delivery and live content processing.
News categories: Teleste, Türksat, Julius Tikkanen, Ender Kümüştekin, Cable TV, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Satellite, Turkey
Multimedia Polska deploys OTT and TV Everywhere with Teleste
Sep 5, 2017 – Teleste has revealed that its Ubique video content management platform now powers OTT and TV Everywhere services for the subscribers of Multimedia Polska. Multimedia Polska selected Teleste's Ubique for the two-year project started in 2016.
News categories: Teleste, Ubique, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IBC2023, Poland, Streaming, TV Everywhere
9 million broadband subscribers with DOCSIS 3.1 by 2017
Jan 28, 2016 – ABI Research has forecast that there will be approximately 9 million broadband subscribers using DOCSIS 3.1 equipment by 2017, representing slightly more than 1% of total fixed broadband subscriptions worldwide.
News categories: ABI Research, Michael Inouye, Sam Rosen, Cable Modem, DOCSIS, Market Research, Subscribers, Worldwide
Multimedia Polska selects Teleste next generation TV platform
Jan 11, 2016 – Teleste has announced that it has reached an agreement with Multimedia Polska for a next generation TV content delivery system. Teleste will deliver video processing and Content Delivery Network products and tech
News categories: Teleste, Multimedia Polska, Cable TV, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Poland
Teleste combines DVB-T broadcast TV with LTE data services
Sep 3, 2015 – Teleste has announced that the company will introduce a solution that combines DVB-T and LTE technologies to transmit high-quality broadcast TV and data services for households with an outdoor antenna.
News categories: Teleste, Pasi Järvenpää, 5G, Content Distribution, IBC2023, Terrestrial, Worldwide
Teleste headend for Arganet IPTV in Brazil
Nov 20, 2014 – Teleste has announced that the company and its partner, Digital Designers TV, have provided a solution for content acquisition and delivery of live streaming IPTV for Arganet, an ISP located north of São Paulo.
News categories: Teleste, Digital Designers TV, Arganet, Hanno Narjus, Ricardo Pirola, Cesar Cotrim, Brazil, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IPTV
OLL.TV deploys Teleste headend for OTT service in Ukraine
Sep 10, 2014 – Teleste has announced the deployment of Teleste's Luminato headend platform in Ukraine. The platform will be an integral part of live TV reception in a new Over-the-top video service called OLL.TV.
News categories: Teleste, OLL.TV, DEPS, Hanno Narjus, Mykola Nazarov, Yevheniy Yevtushenko, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Streaming, Ukraine
- Telecom and pay-TV revenue in Hong Kong to grow at 1.1% CAGR
- Proximus optimises delivery of Pickx with Velocix Analytics
- Traditional US pay-TV services face continued decline
- Edgio adds player-independent video performance reports
- Flat panel display oversupply to continue into 2024
- Japan SVOD service revenue to reach $6 billion in 2027
- Ateme powers NT's sports video contribution in Asia and beyond
- Global TV shipments to fall below 197 million units in 2023
- WSTS revises semiconductor growth projections slightly upward
- Go Addressable becomes industry trade body
- NorDig releases IRD 3.2.1 and Test Plan 3.2.1 specs
- Improved tool helps ensure interoperability of DASH delivery
- Growth in global SVOD subscriptions to continue
- LG announces organizational restructuring
- HbbTV updates Operator Application specification
- Bouygues Telecom streams video in Multicast ABR with Broadpeak
- iWedia releases test solution for HbbTV device compliance
- Utomik to bring cloud gaming to VIDAA Smart TVs
- Avid provides Iceland's RÚV with ingest and playout solution
- Global pay TV penetration to fall for the first time in 2024