Digital TV News: TiVo
Xperi signs fourth Smart TV OEM for its TiVo OS
Nov 13, 2023 – In its 3rd quarter 2023 results Xperi (NYSE: XPER) announced that it has signed a fourth Smart TV OEM for its TiVo OS, and that Vestel is now shipping TiVo-powered Smart TVs under the JVC brand.
News categories: Xperi, Jon Kirchner, Digital TV, Europe, In-Car, IPTV, Results, Smart TV, Streaming, TV OS, USA, Worldwide
Xperi to bring Yahoo content to BMW in-car screens
Oct 30, 2023 – Yahoo has partnered with Xperi (NYSE: XPER) to bring Yahoo video content to Xperi's DTS AutoStage Video Service, with first deployment on BMW 5 series cars and future BMW models.
News categories: Xperi, Yahoo, BMW, Jeff Jury, Lara Davis, Digital TV, Europe, In-Car, Streaming, USA
Evolution Digital to provide boxes for TiVo's managed IPTV service
Oct 18, 2023 – Evolution Digital has entered into a preferred development partnership with TiVo to provide operators using the TiVo Managed IPTV service with its EVO FORCE 1 set-top box and FUSE 4K stick.
News categories: Evolution Digital, TiVo, Marc Cohen, Jeffrey Glahn, CableTecExpo, Digital TV, IPTV, Latin America, North America, Set Top Box
TiVo releases Q2 2023 video trends report
Sep 26, 2023 – Research released by TiVo (NYSE: XPER) has found that the average number of streaming services used by consumers in the US and Canada decreased from 11.6 in Q4 2022 to 10.9 in Q2 2023.
News categories: TiVo, Scott Maddux, Advertising, Broadcast, Canada, Digital TV, In-Car, Market Research, Smart TV, Streaming, USA, UX
TiVo releases first UK Video Trends Report
Sep 14, 2023 – Research released by TiVo (NYSE: XPER) from its UK Video Trends Report reveals that almost half of all UK consumers have not reduced their video spending due to increases in the cost of living.
News categories: Xperi, Gabriel Cosgrave, Digital TV, IBC2023, Market Research, Smart TV, Streaming, UK, UX
Vestel TiVo-powered Smart TVs expected for this year's holiday season
Aug 30, 2023 – At IFA 2023, Xperi (NYSE: XPER) will demonstrate its platform for original equipment manufacturers (OEMs) to engage their audience, regardless of whether it is through a smart TV or in the car.
News categories: Xperi, IDC, Jon Kirchner, Greg Ireland, Digital TV, IFABerlin, In-Car, Smart TV, TV OS, Worldwide
TiVo IPTV platform expands into EMEA
Aug 24, 2023 – TiVo has been offering its IPTV Platform to pay TV and telecom operators across North and Latin America for nearly 5 years, and is now extending its reach to include EMEA.
News categories: TiVo, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Europe, IBC2023, IPTV, UX
Xperi signs third Smart TV OEM for its TiVo OS
Aug 9, 2023 – In its 2nd quarter 2023 results Xperi (NYSE: XPER) announced it has signed a third Smart TV OEM for its TiVo OS, and Sony has agreed to deploy Xperi's content search-and-discovery web browser on its TVs.
News categories: Xperi, Jon Kirchner, Digital TV, In-Car, IPTV, Results, Smart TV, Streaming, TV OS, USA, Worldwide
Sharp to launch smart TVs integrating TiVo's operating system
Aug 9, 2023 – TiVo (NYSE:XPER) and Sharp have announced that Sharp is to launch smart TVs integrated with TiVo's operating system. The first TVs are expected to ship in 2024 starting in Europe.
News categories: Xperi, Sharp Corp, Jon Kirchner, Nick Chen, Digital TV, Europe, IFABerlin, Smart TV, TV OS
- Telecom and pay-TV revenue in Hong Kong to grow at 1.1% CAGR
- Proximus optimises delivery of Pickx with Velocix Analytics
- Traditional US pay-TV services face continued decline
- Edgio adds player-independent video performance reports
- Flat panel display oversupply to continue into 2024
- Japan SVOD service revenue to reach $6 billion in 2027
- Ateme powers NT's sports video contribution in Asia and beyond
- Global TV shipments to fall below 197 million units in 2023
- WSTS revises semiconductor growth projections slightly upward
- Go Addressable becomes industry trade body
- NorDig releases IRD 3.2.1 and Test Plan 3.2.1 specs
- Improved tool helps ensure interoperability of DASH delivery
- Growth in global SVOD subscriptions to continue
- LG announces organizational restructuring
- HbbTV updates Operator Application specification
- Bouygues Telecom streams video in Multicast ABR with Broadpeak
- iWedia releases test solution for HbbTV device compliance
- Utomik to bring cloud gaming to VIDAA Smart TVs
- Avid provides Iceland's RÚV with ingest and playout solution
- Global pay TV penetration to fall for the first time in 2024