Digital TV News: TiVo
TiVo Managed IPTV Service gains Amino set-top box support
Jan 5, 2023 – Amino has integrated its Android TV operator tier set-top box with the TiVo Managed IPTV Service (formerly MobiTV) providing a managed device alternative in support of TiVo's North American customers.
News categories: Amino, TiVo, Donald McGarva, CES2023, Digital TV, IPTV, North America, Set Top Box
Vestel unveils 'Powered by TiVo' Smart TVs at CES 2023
Jan 4, 2023 – TiVo (XPER: NYSE) and Vestel have announced that as part of a multi-country agreement, the first Powered by TiVo smart TVs are expected to ship as early as spring 2023, featuring chipsets from MediaTek.
News categories: Xperi, Vestel, Jon Kirchner, Turan Erdoğan, David Purdy, CES2023, Digital TV, Europe, Semiconductor, Smart TV, Turkey, TV OS
TiVo OS integrated with Amlogic Smart TV chipsets
Jan 4, 2023 – TiVo (NYSE: XPER), a subsidiary of Xperi (NYSE: XPER), and Amlogic have announced that they have pre-integrated TiVo OS on Amlogic's T962D4 and T950D4 chipsets for the U.S. and European markets.
News categories: TiVo, Amlogic, Benjamin Maughan, James Xie, Digital TV, Semiconductor, Smart TV, TV OS, Worldwide
AVOD now accounts for 32% of video services used by North American consumers
Oct 27, 2022 – Research released by TiVo (NYSE: XPER) finds that the average number of video services used by consumers is approaching double-digits for the first time in history, up to an average of 9.86 video services from 8.8 a year ago.
News categories: TiVo, Walt Horstman, Michael Goodman, Canada, Digital TV, Market Research, TV Services, USA
Xperi completes spin-off to become independent public company
Oct 3, 2022 – Xperi Inc. (NYSE: XPER) has completed its first day of trading as an independent company. Each stockholder of the Company’s predecessor (now known as “Adeia”) received a distribution of four shares of Xperi Common Stock for every ten shares of common stock of Adeia.
News categories: Xperi, Jon Kirchner, In-Car, Smart TV, TV OS, Worldwide
Xperi shows TiVo OS, plus pay TV and Vewd solutions for operators, at IBC
Sep 9, 2022 – At IBC 2022, Xperi (NASDAQ: XPER) has announced solutions for pay-TV operators that combine the best of TiVo OS and Vewd, establishing Xperi as a leading independent media platform for Smart TVs, connected cars and pay-TV operators.
News categories: Xperi, Gabriel Cosgrave, Chris Ambrozic, Digital TV, IBC2022, Set Top Box, Smart TV, UX, Worldwide
Xperi brings Vewd cloud-managed UX to Android TV with Evoca
Sep 9, 2022 – Xperi (NASDAQ: XPER) has announced the launch of Vewd OpX for Android TV Operator Tier. With this version, Vewd OpX, a cloud-managed STB UX integrating Pay-TV services with OTT content, is made available as a custom launcher and TV app for Android TV Operator Tier STBs.
News categories: Xperi, Evoca, Sascha Prüter, Mitch Weinraub, Android TV, Digital TV, IBC2022, Set Top Box, USA, UX, Worldwide
Foxxum OS 4 to launch with El Araby Group
Sep 1, 2022 – Foxxum has acquired El Araby Group as the lead customer in Egypt, the Middle East, and Africa for its operating system for Connected TVs. El Araby will launch Foxxum OS 4 on its CTV devices, profiting from the OS's revenue share model.
News categories: Foxxum, El Araby Group, Amlogic, Digital TV, Egypt, Middle-East, Semiconductor, Smart TV, TV OS
Xperi launches TiVo OS with Vestel as first OEM partner
Aug 31, 2022 – Xperi (Nasdaq: XPER) has announced the launch of its independent media platform, TiVo OS. Consumer electronics leader Vestel will ship the first smart TVs Powered by TiVo™ in Europe beginning in 2023.
News categories: Xperi, Vestel, Jon Kirchner, Turan Erdoğan, Digital TV, Europe, IFABerlin, Middleware, Smart TV, TV OS, Worldwide
- Synamedia delivers low latency World Cup streaming for Cellcom
- NEXTGEN TV broadcasting begins in Boston
- SkyShowtime announces line-up ahead of launches in Central & Eastern Europe
- Global online video subscriptions to reach 1.7bn in 2023
- BARB launches API giving clients direct access to viewing data
- Roku makes deal with Warner Bros. Discovery for The Roku Channel
- Trinidad and Tobago selects ATSC 3.0 for DTT
- Faurecia-Aptoide and Catappult launch app distribution hub for cars
- 24i supports launch of Philips Hue Sync TV App
- J:COM deploys Qwilt Open Caching solution
- Breezeline Stream TV comes to Cleveland and Columbus, Ohio
- Sale of Millicom to Apollo Global Management and Claure Group in discussion
- Comcast cable video subscribers down 2.034 million in 2022
- Disney strikes streaming measurement deal with EDO
- ITV increases investment in InfoSum
- German study shows high losses from TV piracy
- European Audiovisual Observatory publishes report on media ownership in Europe
- NBA games to be available in VR through Meta Horizon Worlds
- Simply.TV signs metadata deal with YouSee
- Verizon FIOS consumer video subscribers down 80,000 in 4Q 2022