Digital TV News: TiVo
BMW 5 Series to include TiVo video media platform
May 24, 2023 – Xperi (NYSE: XPER) has announced that BMW has selected TiVo's video media platform to provide customers with access to video content, including linear and on demand streaming services.
News categories: Xperi, BMW, Jon Kirchner, Ingo Lasslop, Digital TV, In-Car, Streaming, UX, Worldwide
Xperi signs second top-10 Smart TV OEM for TiVo OS
May 9, 2023 – Xperi (NYSE: XPER) has announced results for the period ended March 31, 2023. In the quarter Xperi signed an agreement with a second top-10 Smart TV OEM to integrate the TiVo Operating System (TiVo OS) into their TV lineup.
News categories: Xperi, Jon Kirchner, Big Data, Digital TV, In-Car, IPTV, Results, Smart TV, TV OS, USA, Worldwide
Breezeline Stream TV launches in Pennsylvania
Mar 16, 2023 – Breezeline has launched its next generation of TV, Breezeline Stream TV, in its Pennsylvania service areas, making it easier for customers to view their programming on the screen of their choice.
News categories: Breezeline, Heather McCallion, Digital TV, IPTV, USA
Average number of video services used by US consumers now in double digits
Mar 1, 2023 – Research released by TiVo (NYSE: XPER) finds that the average number of video services used by U.S. consumers now exceeds double-digits, up to an average of 11.6 video services from 8.9 a year ago.
News categories: Xperi, Scott Maddux, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming, USA
TiVo Managed IPTV Service gains Amino set-top box support
Jan 5, 2023 – Amino has integrated its Android TV operator tier set-top box with the TiVo Managed IPTV Service (formerly MobiTV) providing a managed device alternative in support of TiVo's North American customers.
News categories: Amino, TiVo, Donald McGarva, CES2023, Digital TV, IPTV, North America, Set Top Box
Vestel unveils 'Powered by TiVo' Smart TVs at CES 2023
Jan 4, 2023 – TiVo (XPER: NYSE) and Vestel have announced that as part of a multi-country agreement, the first Powered by TiVo smart TVs are expected to ship as early as spring 2023, featuring chipsets from MediaTek.
News categories: Xperi, Vestel, Jon Kirchner, Turan Erdoğan, David Purdy, CES2023, Digital TV, Europe, Semiconductor, Smart TV, Turkey, TV OS
TiVo OS integrated with Amlogic Smart TV chipsets
Jan 4, 2023 – TiVo (NYSE: XPER), a subsidiary of Xperi (NYSE: XPER), and Amlogic have announced that they have pre-integrated TiVo OS on Amlogic's T962D4 and T950D4 chipsets for the U.S. and European markets.
News categories: TiVo, Amlogic, Benjamin Maughan, James Xie, Digital TV, Semiconductor, Smart TV, TV OS, Worldwide
AVOD now accounts for 32% of video services used by North American consumers
Oct 27, 2022 – Research released by TiVo (NYSE: XPER) finds that the average number of video services used by consumers is approaching double-digits for the first time in history, up to an average of 9.86 video services from 8.8 a year ago.
News categories: TiVo, Walt Horstman, Michael Goodman, Canada, Digital TV, Market Research, TV Services, USA
Xperi completes spin-off to become independent public company
Oct 3, 2022 – Xperi Inc. (NYSE: XPER) has completed its first day of trading as an independent company. Each stockholder of the Company’s predecessor (now known as “Adeia”) received a distribution of four shares of Xperi Common Stock for every ten shares of common stock of Adeia.
News categories: Xperi, Jon Kirchner, In-Car, Smart TV, TV OS, Worldwide
- Atmosic SoC approved for Google Android TV remote controls
- Bell Media unveils new and expanded ad solutions
- Irdeto ensures integrity of apps running on OSNtv
- Thales and Netskrt Systems collaborate on inflight VOD streaming
- Samsung chip to power Hyundai in-vehicle infotainment
- Radio Television Hong Kong selects Irdeto multi-DRM solution
- Spectrum Reach taps Beachfront for programmatic monetization of convergent TV
- Netgem enables multiscreen TV for ZEOP with new UI on Android TV
- KCGM deploys Amagi SaaS offering to distribute anime channel in India
- Leading industry players join IAB Tech Lab advertising standards group
- DingoTV streaming service adds gamification with Edge Video
- Foxxum partners with OTTera to expand app portfolio
- Taiwan Mobile selects Broadpeak for live video streaming to mobiles
- TV Globo affiliate EPTV turns to MediaKind for IP video edge upgrade
- tvOS 17 brings FaceTime and video conferencing to Apple TV 4K
- VIDAA to bring Paramount+ to viewers in Canada and Latin America
- AR/VR headset shipments slowed in Q1 2023
- Introducing Apple Vision Pro: Apple’s first spatial computer
- 49% of U.S. adults watch video via a CTV device daily
- FAST revenues in Eastern Europe set to reach $42m by 2028