Digital TV News: Tom Buhl
3SS and KAON to power Android TV services from Allente
Oct 12, 2020 – 3SS and KAONMEDIA (KOSDAQ: KAON MEDIA) have announced that Allente, the entity resulting from the merger between Viasat Consumer and Canal Digital, is to deploy KAON STBs and middleware with 3SS-enabled viewing experiences.
News categories: 3SS, KAONMEDIA, Kai-Christian Borchers, Tom Buhl, Jon Espen Nergård, Android TV, Denmark, Digital TV, Finland, Norway, Satellite, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Sweden, UX
KAON to distribute Frog by Wyplay pre-integrated on its STBs
Sep 7, 2015 – Wyplay and Kaon Media (KOSDAQ: KAON MEDIA) have announced their collaboration on the Frog Turnkey solution. Wyplay will be providing its Frog turnkey solution pre-integrated on KAON devices and KAON will bundle it in its offers to pay TV operators in key growth markets such as Eastern Europe or Africa.
News categories: Wyplay, KAON, Jacques Bourgninaud, Tom Buhl, Africa, Europe, IBCShowcase, Middleware, Set Top Box
KAON joins Frog by Wyplay
Oct 16, 2014 – Wyplay and KAONMEDIA (KOSDAQ: KAON MEDIA) have announced that KAON has become a Licensee of the Frog shared-source solution and will be acting as a set-top-box Integrator for Frog.
News categories: Wyplay, KAON, Jacques Bourgninaud, Tom Buhl, Digital TV, Middleware, Set Top Box, Worldwide
NDS Partners with Kaonmedia to Support ASTER to Launch Advanced TV Services in Poland
Jan 29, 2008 – NDS (NASDAQ: NNDS) has announced that it has joined forces with Kaonmedia to deliver digital set-top boxes (STB) and DVRs, including a DVR for viewing in High Definition, to ASTER, a leading provider of media and communication services in Poland.
News categories: NDS Group, Kaonmedia, ASTER, Cable TV, Conditional Access, Digital TV, DOCSIS, DVR, Middleware, Poland, Set Top Box
- iQIYI International available for ZEASN-based smart devices
- Growing demand for smart displays driving smart speaker sales
- Forthnet becomes part of United Group
- Anevia powers Skymedia's SkyGo service in Mongolia
- UK marketers expect to spend more on Advanced TV ads in the next 12 months
- NetRange moves browser to the Cloud for low-cost Smart TVs
- Over 13 billion Smart Home devices in use by 2025
- MultiChoice picks Metrological to deliver OTT services on DStv
- Oregan Networks builds on Amlogic's Android TV reference platform
- 61% of US broadband households subscribe to two or more OTT services
- 14% of Australians plan to cancel pay TV as a result of the pandemic
- Eutelsat 7/8°W predominant broadcast position for Egyptian TV homes
- NEXTGEN TV launches on local TV in Norfolk, VA
- Universal Electronics to launch Apple TV remote control for MVPDs
- Nielsen unveils new ID resolution system
- TeraVolt wins tender for development at ZDF Mediathek
- Ocilion delivers content recommendations with XroadMedia
- Mirada helps izzi bring Disney+ to Mexico
- Bitmovin adds VVC encoding support
- Verimatrix introduces watermarking for HTML5