Digital TV News: Topfield
ViXS®, Topfield and Morega Join Forces to Develop Mobility Gateway Set-Top Box
Jan 5, 2012 – ViXS Systems has announced a partnership with Topfield to develop a media gateway set-top box. The design demonstrates ViXS' XCode® 4210 STB processor and Xtensiv® software, combined with Morega Systems' content portability solution.
News categories: ViXS Systems, Topfield, Morega Systems, CES2021, Digital TV, Gateway, Home Server, Middleware, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
Russia's STB market to be flat at 2.5 million units in 2012
Dec 5, 2011 – According to a report from J'son & Partners commissioned by the European Audiovisual Observatory, the number of set-top boxes shipped this year in Russia will be 2.5 million, with no growth expected in 2012.
News categories: European Audiovisual Observatory, J'son & Partners, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, Russia, Satellite, Set Top Box, Subscribers, Terrestrial
Russia's Continent TV offers STB from Topfield
Sep 3, 2010 – Continent TV in Russia has announced a new satellite set-top box (STB) from Topfield (CSD-03/IR). The standard definition box is pre-programmed for reception of Continent TV and Eastern Express with conditional access from Irdeto built-in.
News categories: Continent TV, Topfield, Digital TV, DVB-S2, Russia, Satellite, Set Top Box
Topfield License ANT HbbTV Solution
Jul 29, 2010 – ANT (LSE AIM: ANTP) has announced that Topfield (KOSDAQ: 057880) has selected the ANT Galio HbbTV Platform for its latest range of set-top boxes. The new devices will be available on the German retail market in 2010, with France to follow in 2011.
News categories: ANT plc, Topfield, Digital TV, France, Germany, HbbTV, Middleware, OTT, Set Top Box, Smart Home
'TivùSat' DTH to launch in Italy on July 31st
Jul 22, 2009 – Tivù, the company owned by RAI (48.25%), Mediaset (48.25%) and Telecom Italia Media (3.5%), has announced that the launch of TivùSat will be July 31st. TivùSat is Italy's first free-to-air satellite TV service.
News categories: Tivù, RAI, Mediaset, Conditional Access, Digital TV, Italy, Satellite, Smart TV
Entropic Communications and TOPFIELD Co., Ltd. Partner On Next-Generation Digital Video Recorder Design
Jan 9, 2009 – Entropic Communications (Nasdaq:ENTR) has announced that the EN4020, its new multi-mode hybrid RF CMOS silicon tuner, has been selected by TOPFIELD for digital video receivers including DVB Systems for CATV and DVB-T.
News categories: Entropic Communications, TOPFIELD, Cable TV, Digital TV, DVR, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Terrestrial
Irdeto to Secure First Ukrainian Satellite DTH Service
Sep 7, 2007 – Irdeto has announced that Ukrainian satellite operator Poverkhnost has selected its Irdeto Digital TV content security solution to secure the country's first direct-to-home (DTH) network.
News categories: Irdeto, Poverkhnost, Conditional Access, Digital TV, IBCShowcase, Satellite, Ukraine
- Competition driving OTT TV & video subscription growth
- Wyplay becomes Alexa Solution Provider
- Sky Media appoints TVbeat as TV data verification partner
- Amazon wins as British viewers are desperate for more sport
- Netflix releases 4Q 2020 results
- Pearl TV broadcasters welcome FCC easing of SFN regulations
- Paramount+ from ViacomCBS to launch on March 4th
- Firstlight Media builds OTT platform on Google Cloud
- Cogeco EPICO IPTV service launched
- Enghouse and Access Communications offer hosted TV services in Canada
- MENA pay TV revenues continue to fall
- FCA first automotive OEM with Alexa Custom Assistant
- Firstlight Media and NPAW optimise CDN switching for OTT providers
- ViacomCBS, DISH Media, Adcuratio enable broadcast inventory on MVPD STBs
- DoubleVerify earns MRC accreditation for CTV measurement
- Philco launches Roku TV lineup in Brazil
- Chips&Media introduces WAVE6 series of video codec IPs
- Worldwide semiconductor revenue up 7.3% in 2020
- Kantar expands TV audience measurement panel in Georgia
- TDS introduces live, streaming TV product