Digital TV News: Turan Erdogan
Vestel to produce VIDAA-based Smart TVs for Europe
Jan 9, 2023 – VIDAA has signed a partnership with Vestel to provide its turnkey operating system. The deal will expand the presence of the VIDAA platform in Europe, powering Toshiba branded TVs starting in 2023.
News categories: VIDAA, Vestel, Guy Edri, Turan Erdogan, CES2024, Digital TV, Europe, Smart TV, TV OS
Vestel unveils 'Powered by TiVo' Smart TVs at CES 2023
Jan 4, 2023 – TiVo (XPER: NYSE) and Vestel have announced that as part of a multi-country agreement, the first Powered by TiVo smart TVs are expected to ship as early as spring 2023, featuring chipsets from MediaTek.
News categories: Xperi, Vestel, Jon Kirchner, Turan Erdoğan, David Purdy, CES2024, Digital TV, Europe, Semiconductor, Smart TV, Turkey, TV OS
Xperi launches TiVo OS with Vestel as first OEM partner
Aug 31, 2022 – Xperi (Nasdaq: XPER) has announced the launch of its independent media platform, TiVo OS. Consumer electronics leader Vestel will ship the first smart TVs Powered by TiVo™ in Europe beginning in 2023.
News categories: Xperi, Vestel, Jon Kirchner, Turan Erdoğan, Digital TV, Europe, IFABerlin, Middleware, Smart TV, TV OS, Worldwide
Toshiba and Vestel agree European partnership
Sep 1, 2016 – Vestel has announced a strategic brand license agreement with Toshiba (TOKYO: 6502) centred on the production and sales of Toshiba branded consumer TVs in the European market.
News categories: Vestel, Toshiba, Turan Erdogan, Digital TV, Europe, IFABerlin, Smart TV
VESTEL adopts Android TV for UHD TVs and set-top boxes
Jun 9, 2015 – VESTEL (VESTL:Istanbul) has announced the adoption of the Android TV platform for its UHD TVs and Set Top Boxes. The TV and Set Top Box platforms powered by Android TV combine user friendly TV middleware with the Android ecosystem while delivering excellent 4K/UHD picture performance.
News categories: VESTEL, Turan Erdogan, Android TV, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Worldwide
Yahoo! and Vestel Group Partner to Deliver Yahoo! Connected TV Across Europe
Sep 3, 2010 – Yahoo! (NASDAQ:YHOO) and Vestel (Istanbul: VESTL) have announced that consumers across Europe will soon be able to easily access thousands of content sources, movies, TV shows, social networks, videos, and other kinds of Internet content through Yahoo! Connected TV.
News categories: Yahoo!, Vestel, Smart TV, Streaming
Vestel to Integrate Miniweb for Advanced Connected TV services
Mar 21, 2010 – Vestel and Miniweb have announced a strategic partnership for the deployment of Miniweb's broadband content guide and services platform across a range of Vestel's connected TV devices.
News categories: Miniweb, Vestel, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Germany, HbbTV, Middleware, Set Top Box, Streaming, Video Exchange
Vestel Receives First FreeView HD Certification
Jan 20, 2010 – Vestel Electronics has announced that its T8300 DVB-T2 Freeview HD set top box (STB) has been certified by Freeview for the UK market. Vestel's Freeview HD box is the world's first DVB-T2 STB certified by Freeview.
News categories: Vestel, Digital TV, DVB-T2, Set Top Box, Terrestrial, UK
- Link Net fixed broadband business to move to XL Axiata
- World Archery partners with Joymo to upgrade Archery+ platform
- 20% of US internet households own a TV antenna, and 12% plan to buy one
- MetaBroadcast partners with Gracenote for Barb contract
- Amdocs research reveals streaming consumer expectations for 2024
- NxTV brings FAST channels to Brazil with Broadpeak
- Rakuten TV VOD now available via Zattoo on 1&1 in Germany
- Tele Columbus goes live with PŸUR TV STB featuring 3SS UX
- Two more Miami TV stations launch NEXTGEN TV
- Gracenote launches automotive infotainment metadata platform
- YMEDIA launches tokenized AI Smart TV ad network
- Barb awards metadata, interim overnight programme and commercial logs contracts
- FreeWheel and OrkaTV bring FAST channel access to advertisers
- América Móvil increases shareholding in Telekom Austria
- Tele Columbus taps Simply.TV for advanced metadata
- AOMedia offers spatial audio specification under royalty-free license
- TheViewPoint integrates with FreeWheel
- Australia to introduce 'prominence framework' for local broadcast services
- Telecom and pay-TV revenue in Hong Kong to grow at 1.1% CAGR
- Proximus optimises delivery of Pickx with Velocix Analytics