Digital TV News: VANTIVA
3SS partners with TELUS to power Android TV service
Mar 7, 2023 – 3SS has partnered with TELUS to launch the next-generation of the TELUS entertainment service, based on Android TV. TELUS chose 3SS' 3Ready Product Framework to provide the customized UX.
News categories: 3SS, ThinkAnalytics, t4h, VANTIVA, TELUS, Brian Jentz, Greg Riker, Graça Candido, Mercedes Pastor, Tim Fell, Android TV, Canada, Digital TV, IPTV, Set Top Box, UX
VANTIVA demonstrates latest CPE solutions at CES 2023
Jan 4, 2023 – At CES, VANTIVA will be demonstrating an array of solutions around new innovations, including Wi-Fi 7, 5G FWA, connected fitness and a hybrid set-top box/soundbar, for the connected home market.
News categories: VANTIVA, Luis Martinez-Amago, Android TV, Big Data, CES2023, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Worldwide
TalkTalk launches TV Hub powered by Android TV
Oct 17, 2022 – TalkTalk has launched a TV Hub powered by Android TV. The box offers over 70 live TV channels, catchup services including BBC iPlayer and ITV Hub with streaming & subscription services including Netflix, Prime Video and NOW TV.
News categories: TalkTalk, Vantiva, Susie Buckridge, Christian Lefebvre, Android TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Set Top Box, Terrestrial, UK
Canadian program drives energy efficiency of new set-top boxes
Sep 21, 2022 – Since the Canadian Energy Efficiency Voluntary Agreement (CEEVA) for Set-Top Boxes launched in 2017, the average energy consumption of new STBs has dropped by 58%, from 116.2 kWh/yr to 48.5 kWh/yr, according to a report.
News categories: CEEVA, NRCan, Fahd Aman, Drew Leyburne, Canada, Digital TV, Market Research, Set Top Box
- Irdeto ensures integrity of apps running on OSNtv
- Thales and Netskrt Systems collaborate on inflight VOD streaming
- Samsung chip to power Hyundai in-vehicle infotainment
- Radio Television Hong Kong selects Irdeto multi-DRM solution
- Spectrum Reach taps Beachfront for programmatic monetization of convergent TV
- Netgem enables multiscreen TV for ZEOP with new UI on Android TV
- KCGM deploys Amagi SaaS offering to distribute anime channel in India
- Leading industry players join IAB Tech Lab advertising standards group
- DingoTV streaming service adds gamification with Edge Video
- Foxxum partners with OTTera to expand app portfolio
- Taiwan Mobile selects Broadpeak for live video streaming to mobiles
- TV Globo affiliate EPTV turns to MediaKind for IP video edge upgrade
- tvOS 17 brings FaceTime and video conferencing to Apple TV 4K
- VIDAA to bring Paramount+ to viewers in Canada and Latin America
- AR/VR headset shipments slowed in Q1 2023
- Introducing Apple Vision Pro: Apple’s first spatial computer
- 49% of U.S. adults watch video via a CTV device daily
- FAST revenues in Eastern Europe set to reach $42m by 2028
- Qvest becomes European League of Football FAST playout partner
- Wyplay acquires iFeelSmart