Digital TV News: VEON
VEON to sell Russian operations to their management
Nov 24, 2022 – VEON (NASDAQ: VEON; Amsterdam: VEON) has entered into an agreement to sell its Russian operations to certain senior members of the management team of VimpelCom, led by its current CEO Aleksander Torbakhov.
News categories: VEON, Kaan Terzioğlu, Digital TV, IPTV, MandA, Russia
VEON conducting sales process for its Russian operations
Nov 2, 2022 – VEON (NASDAQ: VEON, Amsterdam: VEON) has announced that it is conducting a competitive sales process in relation to its Russian operations.
News categories: VEON, Digital TV, IPTV, MandA, Russia
Three million active users for Beeline TV in Russia in 2Q 2021
Aug 30, 2021 – VEON (NASDAQ:VEON; Amsterdam:VEON) has announced results for the second quarter ended June 30, 2021. VEON's digital businesses continued to perform well. Beeline TV in Russia had 3.0 million monthly active users (+24% YoY) in 2Q21.
News categories: VEON, Digital TV, IPTV, Kazakhstan, Results, Russia, Streaming, Subscribers, Ukraine
TV markets growing in Central Asia driven by OTT and mobile
Jan 22, 2021 – Looking at the evolution of TV markets in the Central Asia region over the past three years, Dataxis has observed growing opportunities for operators and broadcasters.
News categories: Dataxis, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Market Research, Satellite, Streaming, Tajikistan, Terrestrial, Turkmenistan, Uzbekistan
iWedia cooperates with Kaltura on STB software for Beeline Kazakhstan
Sep 14, 2019 – iWedia has expanded its cooperation with Kaltura by providing set-top box (STB) software products, application development and integration services for Beeline Kazakhstan. At the heart of the STB, lies iWedia's Teatro-3.5 software.
News categories: iWedia, Kaltura, Beeline, Digital TV, IBC2022, Kazakhstan, Middleware, Set Top Box
Beeline deploys Kaltura TV Platform in Kazakhstan
Aug 22, 2019 – Kaltura has announced that its Kaltura Cloud TV Platform is powering a newly-launched TV service for Beeline Kazakhstan. Beeline is using the Kaltura TV Platform to replace its legacy pay-TV service and to reach more devices and customers.
News categories: Kaltura, Beeline, Dr. Shay David, Sergey Leshchenko, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IBC2022, IPTV, Kazakhstan, Set Top Box, UX
Kaltura powers Beeline TV Everywhere service
Sep 12, 2018 – Kaltura has revealed that its Kaltura TV Platform is powering the newly-launched Beeline TV service from VimpelCom in Russia. The Kaltura TV Platform gives VimpelCom the technology to replace its legacy pay TV service and reach more devices and customers.
News categories: Kaltura, VimpelCom, Dr. Shay David, George Held, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IPTV, Russia
VimpelCom becomes VEON and launches OTT platform
Feb 27, 2017 – VimpelCom (NASDAQ: VIP) is re-branding as VEON as it reinvents itself as a global tech company and brings a revolutionary Internet mobile platform to hundreds of millions of customers.
News categories: VimpelCom, Big Data, Digital TV, MWC23, Streaming, Worldwide
- Tenstorrent to build AI and RISC-V chiplets with LG for Smart TVs
- DISH brings its linear TV to the digital ad marketplace
- health tv launches first FAST channel with Amagi
- Number of UK SVOD homes falls in 1Q 2023
- inext signs Moldova distribution contract with DIGIMAX
- EL PAIS begins live broadcasts on its FAST channel with The Channel Store
- SoftAtHome implements Alexa voice control software for etisalat by e&
- Arabsat Badr-8 satellite successfully launched
- Streaming TV growth in Latin America driven by ad-supported viewing
- STARZ domestic OTT subscribers up 700,000 in 1Q 2023
- New DIRECTV STREAM customers get priority access to Telly waiting list
- Insys Video Technologies simplifies video streaming with Bitmovin
- BeIN Media and Google Cloud announce media and broadcast collaboration
- Activated STBs grow to 3,166,461 for South Africa's Openview
- Singtel TV subscribers down 6,000 in 1Q 2023
- Orby Elevate selects EUTELSAT for DTH TV distribution in the US
- U.S. SVOD revenues to grow at a 6.3% CAGR over 2022-2027
- Netgem releases trading update
- IPTV to partially offset revenue losses in cable and DTH in Korea
- Player.pl available on Xbox consoles, powered by Redge Media