Digital TV News: VEON
Three million active users for Beeline TV in Russia in 2Q 2021
Aug 30, 2021 – VEON (NASDAQ:VEON; Amsterdam:VEON) has announced results for the second quarter ended June 30, 2021. VEON's digital businesses continued to perform well. Beeline TV in Russia had 3.0 million monthly active users (+24% YoY) in 2Q21.
News categories: VEON, Digital TV, IPTV, Kazakhstan, Results, Russia, Streaming, Subscribers, Ukraine
TV markets growing in Central Asia driven by OTT and mobile
Jan 22, 2021 – Looking at the evolution of TV markets in the Central Asia region over the past three years, Dataxis has observed growing opportunities for operators and broadcasters.
News categories: Dataxis, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Market Research, Satellite, Streaming, Tajikistan, Terrestrial, Turkmenistan, Uzbekistan
iWedia cooperates with Kaltura on STB software for Beeline Kazakhstan
Sep 14, 2019 – iWedia has expanded its cooperation with Kaltura by providing set-top box (STB) software products, application development and integration services for Beeline Kazakhstan. At the heart of the STB, lies iWedia's Teatro-3.5 software.
News categories: iWedia, Kaltura, Beeline, Digital TV, IBC, Kazakhstan, Middleware, Set Top Box
Beeline deploys Kaltura TV Platform in Kazakhstan
Aug 22, 2019 – Kaltura has announced that its Kaltura Cloud TV Platform is powering a newly-launched TV service for Beeline Kazakhstan. Beeline is using the Kaltura TV Platform to replace its legacy pay-TV service and to reach more devices and customers.
News categories: Kaltura, Beeline, Dr. Shay David, Sergey Leshchenko, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IBC, IPTV, Kazakhstan, Set Top Box, UX
Kaltura powers Beeline TV Everywhere service
Sep 12, 2018 – Kaltura has revealed that its Kaltura TV Platform is powering the newly-launched Beeline TV service from VimpelCom in Russia. The Kaltura TV Platform gives VimpelCom the technology to replace its legacy pay TV service and reach more devices and customers.
News categories: Kaltura, VimpelCom, Dr. Shay David, George Held, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IPTV, Russia
VimpelCom becomes VEON and launches OTT platform
Feb 27, 2017 – VimpelCom (NASDAQ: VIP) is re-branding as VEON as it reinvents itself as a global tech company and brings a revolutionary Internet mobile platform to hundreds of millions of customers.
News categories: VimpelCom, Big Data, Digital TV, MWC21, Streaming, Worldwide
- Wurl offers global FAST channel distribution for content companies
- Accedo and Nreal bring streaming to lightweight AR glasses
- HBO up 1.9 million; Vrio down 178,000 video subs in 3Q 2021
- RTL Group and Amobee to form TechAlliance addressable TV JV
- Claro Box TV streaming in Colombia powered by Harmonic
- Verizon FIOS consumer video subscribers down 68,000 in 3Q 2021
- Vodafone España provides real-time accurate EPG with Alpha Networks and MediaData TV
- Vewd and Mediatek bring entertainment to vehicle rear-seats
- Conviva expands into advertising audience measurement
- C Spire to acquire Troy Cablevision
- Software Freedom Conservancy sues Vizio for GPL violations
- Altibox Android TV service goes live with 3SS and Technicolor
- Sunrise UPC launches yallo TV in Switzerland
- ATEME embeds Viaccess-Orca contribution watermarking
- Deloitte releases results of Digital Media Trends Fall Pulse survey
- RFE receives Android TV Operator Tier certification for IPTV STB
- Disney+ coming to Hisense and Toshiba TVs with VIDAA Smart OS
- Tremor International acquires Spearad
- TekSavvy TV footprint expands across Canada
- Airtel launches Video Platform as a Service product