Digital TV News: castLabs
castLabs partners with SDMC on Widevine CAS integration
Nov 7, 2022 – castLabs has announced a collaboration with SDMC to simplify operator deployments of Widevine CAS protected content streaming with lower integration cost and turnaround time than today's practices.
News categories: castLabs, SDMC, Michael Stattmann, Ryan Yan, Android TV, Digital TV, DRM, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Friend MTS adds Axinom and castLabs to partner programme
Apr 22, 2022 – Friend MTS has announced new technology partnerships as it continues to expand its portfolio of anti-piracy and content security technologies. This latest announcement welcomes Axinom and castLabs to the Friend MTS partnership programme.
News categories: Friend MTS, Axinom, castLabs, Dennis Scott, Johannes Jauch, Thasso Griebel, Content Protection, Digital TV, NABShow, Worldwide
castLabs and Lemonade.TV+ work together on DRM and video playback
Jan 26, 2022 – castLabs and Lemonade.TV+ have announced that they have been working together. Lemonade.TV+ is using castLabs DRM licensing service and video playback software to allow viewers to engage with Lemonade.TV+ using their home devices.
News categories: castLabs, Lemonade.TV, Michael Stattmann, Chris Anastas, Digital TV, DRM, Media Player, Streaming, USA
castLabs DRM protects online content for PBS
Jan 12, 2022 – castLabs has announced a partnership with Public Broadcasting Service (PBS). The broadcaster will use castLabs’ cloud digital rights management (DRM), DRMtoday, solution to protect its online video content.
News categories: castLabs, PBS, Alec Henthorne, Scott Nourse, Digital TV, DRM, Streaming, USA
Iskon launches OTT service in Croatia with Beenius
Nov 24, 2021 – Iskon Internet has launched an OTT service in Croatia based on the Beenius Android TV Operator Tier solution. Support from the Beenius team allowed Iskon to start with an IPTV solution and evolve with Android TV to an OTT service.
News categories: Beenius, Iskon, Filip Remškar, Krešimir Madunović, Android TV, Croatia, Digital TV, Streaming, UX
castLabs integrates with SPEKE API version 2.0
Sep 9, 2021 – castLabs has announced that it supports version 2.0 of the Secure Packager and Encoder Key Exchange (SPEKE) API in its leading digital rights management (DRM) licensing solution – DRMtoday.
News categories: castLabs, Content Distribution, Digital TV, DRM, Worldwide
castLabs supports Huawei WisePlay DRM
Aug 25, 2021 – castLabs has announced support for Huawei's WisePlay DRM to enable streaming services to securely reach Huawei phones and tablets running EMUI or HarmonyOS smart TVs that are compatible with WisePlay.
News categories: castLabs, Huawei, Bryce Pedersen, James Xu, Digital TV, DRM, Mobile, Smart TV, Worldwide
Proximus Pickx Android TV service goes live with 3SS
Sep 15, 2020 – 3 Screen Solutions (3SS) has announced that Proximus Pickx, an IPTV+OTT TV offering from Belgium's Proximus, has gone live on an Android TV Operator Tier STB. The service replaces Proximus’ legacy AOSP-based TV offering.
News categories: 3SS, Proximus, Kai-Christian Borchers, Jim Casteele, Advertising, Android TV, Belgium, Big Data, Digital TV, IPTV, Set Top Box, UX
Synaptics VideoSmart SoC approved for Widevine CAS on Android TV
Nov 12, 2019 – Synaptics (NASDAQ: SYNA) has announced that its VideoSmart multimedia SoC is an approved Widevine CAS solution for Android TV. With castLabs, the trio will demonstrate an end-to-end Widevine CAS workflow at the APAC Android TV Summit.
News categories: Synaptics, castLabs, Widevine, Saleel Awsare, Brian Baker, Android TV, Content Protection, Digital TV, DRM, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Worldwide
- Fixed Wireless Access forecast to top 300 million connections in six years
- Breezeline expands fiber services in New Hampshire
- U.S. consumers watch over six hours of video per week on their mobiles
- Semiconductor market expected to decline slightly in 2023
- 6G-Datacast.tv offers datacasting protocol for ATSC 3.0
- Bedrock powers RTL streaming service in Hungary
- KONKA plans GCC region expansion
- Dyn Media chooses Deltatre to deliver end-to-end OTT service
- Globecast providing cloud playout and distribution for EarthxTV
- Worldwide semiconductor revenue to fall 3.6% in 2023
- Mediaroom Play powers streaming experiences for more viewers in Canada
- DAZN and Irdeto fight piracy in premium sports
- Global OTT revenues to grow to $243 billion in 2028
- VEON to sell Russian operations to their management
- MASMEDIA TV selects StreamVX energy-efficient encoding
- Regional versions of BBC One HD to roll out in England by Spring 2023
- New TV apps for TF1 and RTBF powered by Dotscreen
- Redge Media CDN joins EPIX traffic exchange
- Semiconductor market begins to shrink
- Bedrock migrates Videoland streaming subscribers to its latest platform