Digital TV News: iWedia
iWedia to deliver Live TV app for Google TV and Android TV devices
Sep 28, 2022 – iWedia is working with Google to develop and deliver a Live TV application for Google TV and other Android TV OS devices. The Live TV app has been licensed by Shenzhen Chuangwei-RGB Electronics.
News categories: iWedia, Hans-Jürgen Desor, Android TV, Digital TV, Europe, Set Top Box, Smart TV, UX, Worldwide
Pearl TV and iWedia fast track ATSC 3.0 A/344 development on Android TV
Sep 8, 2022 – Pearl TV and iWedia have launched a program that accelerates and streamlines the path for adoption of NEXTGEN TV technology by consumer electronic makers producing smart TVs and related devices at volume in the Android TV marketplace.
News categories: iWedia, Pearl TV, Hans-Juergen, Android TV, ATSC 3, Digital TV, IBC2022, Smart TV, USA
RT-RK and iWedia partner on OTT application development for the car
Sep 7, 2022 – RT-RK and iWedia have announced a joint offer for OTT application development for the car. The solution is built on iWedia's media player together with RT-RK's know-how in DRM, ABR streaming, and Android Automotive OS system integration.
News categories: RT-RK, iWedia, Milenko Beric, Hans-Jürgen Désor, Digital TV, IBC2022, In-Car, Streaming, Worldwide
Over six million Android TV OS deployments for iWedia
Aug 3, 2022 – iWedia as announced that it has integrated its software solutions for digital TV service operators and consumer electronics manufacturers in more than 6 million Android TV OS deployments.
News categories: iWedia, Google, Hans-Jürgen Desor, Mark Seidenfeld, Android TV, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Worldwide
iWedia partners with Realtek to launch NextGen TV reference platform
Jun 7, 2022 – iWedia has partnered with Realtek to develop a reference platform to speed ATSC 3.0 deployment. The platform is based on Realtek's TV SoC and hardware platform integrated with the iWedia ATSC 3.0 broadcast/broadband stack and browser.
News categories: iWedia, Realtek, Hans-Jürgen Desor, Yee-Wei Huang, ATSC 3, Digital TV, Middleware, Semiconductor, Smart TV, USA
iWedia launches ATSC 3.0 software stack
May 17, 2022 – iWedia has announced the launch of an ATSC 3.0 broadcast and broadband software stack, designed to give network operators more flexibility, greater reliability and more efficient operation. iWedia has also become a member of the ATSC committee.
News categories: iWedia, Hans-Jürgen Desor, ATSC 3, Digital TV, Middleware, Worldwide
Bouygues Telecom launches Bbox 4K HDR with iWedia
Apr 13, 2022 – iWedia has worked with Bouygues Telecom to develop and deploy its new Bbox 4K HDR set-top box. Using a custom Android TV launcher, Bouygues Telecom serves content and services to subscribers via a comprehensive UX.
News categories: iWedia, Bouygues Telecom, Hans-Jürgen Desor, Herminio de Faria, Android TV, Digital TV, France, IPTV, Set Top Box, UX
iWedia to provide STB system integration services to Canal+ International
Feb 8, 2022 – iWedia has announced that it is working on a new deployment with CANAL+ International, providing software services as the broadcaster consolidates its growth in multiple territories with an additional set-top box (STB) supplier.
News categories: iWedia, CANAL+ International, Hans-Jürgen Desor, Jerome Trift, Africa, Digital TV, Satellite, Set Top Box, Software, Worldwide
iWedia launches ad insertion platform, ATSC 3.0 stack and more
Dec 15, 2021 – iWedia has made several additions to its technology offering including an ad insertion platform, a multiscreen UI/UX solution and an ATSC 3.0 broadcast stack, plus the integration of Widevine CAS into its DTV middleware.
News categories: iWedia, Hans-Jürgen Désor, Advertising, ATSC 3, Conditional Access, Digital TV, Middleware, Set Top Box, UX, Worldwide
- Market turbulence set to define media industry in 2023
- Huawei brings stc tv streaming to its users in the MENA region
- Sky rolls out Entertainment OS 1.1 update
- Comedy most pirated genre of entertainment
- Viaccess-Orca and Broadpeak achieve 3-second latency for live sports streaming
- Globecast powers distribution of 2022 World Cup for New World TV
- Ateme reduces latency to under four seconds for Cyta's OTT channels
- Digiturk deploys Irdeto 360 Video Security Services
- ThinkAnalytics unveils new customer wins
- Netgem to initiate sale of activities other than TV streaming
- Synamedia delivers low latency World Cup streaming for Cellcom
- NEXTGEN TV broadcasting begins in Boston
- SkyShowtime announces line-up ahead of launches in Central & Eastern Europe
- Global online video subscriptions to reach 1.7bn in 2023
- BARB launches API giving clients direct access to viewing data
- Roku makes deal with Warner Bros. Discovery for The Roku Channel
- Trinidad and Tobago selects ATSC 3.0 for DTT
- Faurecia-Aptoide and Catappult launch app distribution hub for cars
- 24i supports launch of Philips Hue Sync TV App
- J:COM deploys Qwilt Open Caching solution