CPE (Consumer Premises Equipment) News
Broadcom delivers 10G EPON residential gateway for Cable MSOs
Aug 4, 2015 – Broadcom (NASDAQ: BRCM) has announced a DOCSIS-compatible 10G Ethernet Passive Optical Network (EPON) residential gateway reference design. Broadcom's platform allows cable MSOs to provide multi-Gigabit speeds via FTTH.
News categories: Broadcom, Jim McKeon, Cable Modem, Cable TV, DOCSIS, Fibre, Gateway, Semiconductor, USA
Technicolor to acquire Cisco connected devices division
Jul 23, 2015 – Technicolor (Paris: TCH; OTCQX: TCLRY) has entered into an exclusive agreement with Cisco (NASDAQ: CSCO) to acquire its customer premises equipment (CPE) business for €550 million (or $600 million equivalent) in a cash and stock transaction.
News categories: Technicolor, Cisco Systems, Frederic Rose, John Chambers, Cable TV, CPE, Digital TV, Gateway, IPTV, MnA, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Vodafone UK fixed broadband to launch this summer
Jun 10, 2015 – Vodafone UK has launched Vodafone Connect, which will provide broadband and home phone services to customers across the UK later in the summer. Vodafone’s network already reaches exchanges which pass nearly 20 million premises across the UK.
News categories: Vodafone, Jeroen Hoencamp, Cindy Rose, IPTV, Router, UK
Safaricom launches mobile broadband connected STB
May 8, 2015 – Safaricom (NSE: SCOM) has announced the launch of a hybrid set-top box that will enable subscribers to view TV content and share data connectivity. Known as ‘The BigBox’, the STB allows subscribers to use Safaricom's 3G and 4G data network to access content.
News categories: Safaricom, Bob Collymore, Broadband, Digital TV, Kenya, Mobile, Router, Set Top Box, Smart Home, Terrestrial
802.11ac Wi-Fi CPE shipments to hit 71 million units in 2015
Apr 22, 2015 – The consumer Wi-Fi equipment market increased 5% in 2014, surpassing 166.1 million unit shipments, according to ABI Research. Shipments of devices which support the 802.11ac standard represented more than 11% of total access point shipments.
News categories: ABI Research, Jake Saunders, CPE, Market Research, Smart Home, Worldwide
Sequans and Expway deliver LTE Broadcast over Wi-Fi solution
Apr 21, 2015 – Sequans Communications (NYSE: SQNS) and Expway have announced the availability of a new platform for the delivery of LTE broadcast service to an LTE-Wi-Fi router, enabling all devices in range of the Wi-Fi router to receive the LTE broadcast streams.
News categories: Sequans, Expway, Craig Miller, Claude Seyrat, 5G, Middleware, Router, Semiconductor, Smart Home, Worldwide
ST showcases DOCSIS and C-DOCSIS 3.0 solutions at CCBN 2015
Mar 26, 2015 – STMicroelectronics (NYSE: STM) will demonstrate its DOCSIS 3.01 solutions at CCBN. ST serves the C-DOCSIS 3.0 market with its gateway System-On-Chip (SoC) Alicante family comprised of the STiD125/127/128.
News categories: STMicroelectronics, Coship, Jiuzhou, Philippe Notton, Ken Wang, Yang Zhanbing, Cable Modem, Cable TV, CCBN, China, DOCSIS, Gateway, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
DOCSIS channel shipments rose to record levels in 2014
Feb 27, 2015 – Infonetics Research (NYSE: IHS) has reported that DOCSIS channel shipments rose to record levels in 2014 - up 114 percent to 4.8 million worldwide - as cable operators continue to improve their networks to offer services to customers at ever-higher speeds.
News categories: Infonetics, Jeff Heynen, Cable Modem, DOCSIS, Market Research, Worldwide
Broadcom DOCSIS 3.x silicon to support RDK for broadband devices
Jan 7, 2015 – Broadcom (NASDAQ: BRCM) has announced that its DOCSIS 3.0 and DOCSIS 3.1 ICs support a new open source software stack developed with Comcast. The software will serve as the foundation for a version of the RDK for broadband devices.
News categories: Broadcom, Comcast, Jay Kirchoff, Sree Kotay, CES2021, CPE, DOCSIS, RDK, Semiconductor, USA
- Google's share of global digital media revenues declined in Q2
- First Media launches Android TV STB with Widevine CAS in Indonesia
- EBOX deploys Technicolor Android TV set-tops in Québec
- Conviva releases Q3 2020 State of Streaming report
- Realtek selects Allegro DVT H.266/VVC compliance streams
- Russian SVOD consumer spend to increase 1,000% by 2024
- A1 selects XroadMedia for content discovery and recommendations
- Skyworth and 3SS create Netflix-ready Android TV platform
- CANAL+ extends satellite agreements with SES for Europe and Africa
- European Connected TV Initiative to explore advertising opportunities
- Accessible TV Guide rolls out on Freeview Play
- Spain’s AgileTV migrates to Verimatrix Secure Cloud
- Promwad offers videoconferencing and 'watch party' solution for TV
- Phoenix Model Market gets ATSC 3.0 Single Frequency Network
- Magenta Telekom deploys Whip Media Content Value Management platform
- Pay-TV revenue in Philippines to grow at 4.0% CAGR over next five years
- Israel’s RGE chooses Kaltura to power Kids Cloud TV service
- Over 40% of video consumption hours now on mobile for U.S. Gen Z
- T-Mobile USA launches TV bundles and Android TV STB
- TenTime uses NexPlayer to launch Arabic SVOD service