Digital TV News: Aston
Disney+ brings forward EMEA launch date
Jan 21, 2020 – The Walt Disney Company’s Direct-to-Consumer & International segment has set March 24th as the new launch date for Disney+ in markets across Western Europe. Pricing has also been confirmed at £5.99/€6.99 per month, or £59.99/€69.99 for an annual subscription.
News categories: The Walt Disney Company, Digital TV, Europe, Middle-East, OTT
LG to unveil 2020 8K TV lineup with next-gen AI at CES
Jan 3, 2020 – LG Electronics will introduce its expanded 8K TV lineup next week at CES 2020 – eight TVs with new 77- and 65-inch class models joining LG's existing 88- and 75-inch screen sizes. Every model exceeds the 8K Ultra HD definition set by the CTA.
News categories: LG Electronics, CES2020, Digital TV, Smart Home, Smart TV, USA
Disney+ set to launch in U.S. on November 12
Apr 11, 2019 – The Walt Disney Company has presented an extensive overview of its comprehensive direct-to-consumer strategy, including presentations on Hulu, Hotstar, ESPN+, and the upcoming Disney+ service at its Investor Day, which took place on the Company’s studio lot.
News categories: Walt Disney Company, Robert A. Iger, Digital TV, OTT, Worldwide
Extreme Reach releases 2018 Q4 Video Advertising Benchmarks report
Feb 21, 2019 – Extreme Reach has released its 2018 Q4 and full year Video Advertising Benchmarks report that highlights the transformative impact of connected television (CTV) platforms on the advertising industry.
News categories: Extreme Reach, Mary Vestewig, Matt Timothy, Advertising, Digital TV, OTT, Set Top Box, USA
Hisense shows ULED-powered 2019 product lineup at CES2019
Jan 7, 2019 – Hisense has revealed its 2019 product lineup at CES, debuting Android TV and Roku TV sets that expand Hisense's portfolio. Hisense is the fastest growing TV brand of the top 6 brands in the U.S. according to NPD Group.
News categories: Hisense, David Gold, CES2020, Digital TV, Smart Home, Smart TV, USA
Swrve adds Roku to its suite of streaming video OTT platforms
Jun 21, 2018 – Swrve has added Roku to its list of supported over-the-top (OTT) Digital Media Streaming platforms. By doing so, Swrve now enables any brand looking to interact with customers on the Roku platform to do so as part of a multi-channel strategy focused on driving engagement and revenue.
News categories: Swrve, Roku, Lisa Cleary, Apps, Big Data, Digital TV, Mobile, OTT, USA
iflix to distribute exclusive localized QYOU video programming
Feb 6, 2018 – QYOU Media (TSXV: QYOU OTC: QYOUF) has announced that it has partnered with iflix to distribute QYOU’s curated online video content in 25 global territories. The agreement includes exclusive locally hosted formats on iflix’s service in Indonesia, Malaysia and Philippines.
News categories: QYOU Media, iflix, Curt Marvis, Sean Carey, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Indonesia, Malaysia, OTT, Philippines
Swrve adds streaming video and OTT TV to customer interaction platform
Nov 30, 2017 – Swrve has extended its platform to support digital media streaming platforms. Swrve enables organizations to drive engagement, retention, and revenue by sending ‘perfect massage, perfect time’ campaigns based on real-time customer intelligence.
News categories: Swrve, Christopher Dean, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, Mobile, OTT, USA
TiVo survey shows differences between loyal pay TV subscribers and OTT cord cutters
Sep 13, 2017 – TiVo (NASDAQ: TIVO) has released findings from its 2017 survey of pay-TV and OTT service subscribers across the U.S., Europe and Latin America. The study revealed that respondents on average watch 4.4 hours of video content each day.
News categories: TiVo Corp, Paul Stathacopoulos, Digital TV, Europe, IBC2019, Latin America, Market Research, USA
- One third of Taiwanese online consumers have accessed TV piracy sites
- Redbox launch Redbox Free Live TV across the U.S.
- Pixelworks and Qualcomm integrate Live Local TV with 5G broadband
- Kantar to measure TV audiences for MINTIC in Colombia
- NCTC to offer discounted Amazon Fire TV devices to members
- Viu reaches 41.4 million monthly active users
- Roku ends 2019 with 36.9 million active accounts
- Online viewing continues to gain ground on traditional broadcast TV
- Vianeos provides revamped UX for Batelco TV in Bahrain
- VUALTO partners with ATEME for automated encoder integration
- STV selects Arqiva Hybrid TV Service for HD restart feature
- AfricaXP adds DTH capacity from Eutelsat for Sub-Saharan Africa
- Altice USA residential video RGUs down 44k in 4Q 2019
- 'Tapering subscriber acquisitions' for Dish TV India in 4Q 2019
- Movistar Spain launches new voice remote control
- Irdeto confirmed as security partner for Mitele Plus
- Swedish streaming market saturating
- Tubi monthly active users grow to 25 million
- beIN SPORTS strikes partnership with XUMO TV
- Cinedigm’s Viewster app available on Foxxum-supporting devices