Digital TV News: HomePNA
Pace achieves Minerva certification for IPTV STBs
Oct 22, 2014 – Pace (LSE: PIC) has announced that its IPTV set-top boxes (STB), including its Whole Home DVR system, have been certified by Minerva as meeting the requirements of the Minerva IPTV middleware platform.
News categories: Pace plc, Minerva, Tim O'Loughlin, Mauro Bonomi, Digital TV, IPTV, Middleware, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Prime Electronics selects Sigma Designs G.hn chipset for STB
Jun 2, 2014 – Sigma Designs (NASDAQ: SIGM) has announced that Prime Electronics and Satellites has selected Sigma Designs' G.hn CG5200 family of chipsets for their newest set top box design.
News categories: Sigma Designs, Prime Electronics, Daniel Hsieh, Nadav Katsir, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart Home, Worldwide
Entone Brings Hybrid TV Solution to West Alabama TV Cable
Jul 19, 2012 – Entone has announced that its Hybrid TV solution is enabling cable operators to deliver an enhanced HDTV service that combines traditional cable TV (CATV) service and over-the-top (OTT) services via a seamless user experience.
News categories: Entone, West Alabama T.V. Cable, Minerva Networks, Confluent Technology, NCTC, Cable TV, Digital TV, DVR, Middleware, OTT, Set Top Box, Smart Home, USA
Wi-Fi Continues to Dominate Home Networking Market
May 23, 2012 – By 2014, shipments of home networking equipment and media devices will exceed one billion units. While Wi-Fi is expected to remain the most common technology, other wired networking technologies are expected to gain additional traction, according to ABI Research.
News categories: ABI Research, Blu-ray, DVR, Gateway, Market Research, Router, Set Top Box, Smart Home, Smart TV, Smartphone, Tablet
No New Wires IC Shipments Set to Top 100 Million Units in 2013
Mar 6, 2012 – 'No new wires' technologies are rapidly gaining favour with service providers and consumers alike. IMS Research's Home Networks and Residential Gateways 2012 report predicts that over 100 million ICs supporting these technologies will be shipped in 2013.
News categories: IMS Research, IPTV, Market Research, Semiconductor, Smart Home
Sigma Designs Introduces Reference Design Featuring Quantenna Wi-Fi Technology
Jan 4, 2012 – Sigma Designs (NASDAQ: SIGM) has announced a unique set-top box (STB) reference design with Quantenna's high performance 802.11n 4x4 MIMO technology that enables Sigma's STB to receive video wirelessly.
News categories: Sigma Designs, Quantenna, CES, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart Home
SoftAtHome, Ikanos to Deliver Next Generation Home Gateways
Sep 29, 2011 – SoftAtHome and Ikanos Communications (NASDAQ: IKAN) have announced that they are working together to bring a next-generation gateway platform to market. The new platform combines the SoftAtHome platform with Ikanos' communications processors.
News categories: Ikanos, SoftAtHome, BBWF, Gateway, Middleware, Semiconductor, Smart Home
Entone and Nordija Deliver Enhanced Hybrid TV Solution
Aug 31, 2011 – Entone and Nordija have announced the availability of Nordija's fokusOn widget-based middleware on Entone's family of Hybrid TV devices and digital video recorders (DVRs).
News categories: Entone, Nordija, DVR, IBC2019, IPTV, Middleware, Set Top Box
Sigma Designs Demonstrates Suite of Hybrid IP Set Top Box Technologies Including ISDB-T, Satellite and Cable
Aug 9, 2011 – Sigma Designs (NASDAQ: SIGM) is demonstrating a full line of hybrid IP set-top box solutions for cable, satellite and the Brazilian International Standard Digital Broadcast - Television (ISDB-T), also called SBTVD, at ABTA.
News categories: Sigma Designs, Latin America, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
- Rakuten Viki selects BuyDRM's KeyOS MultiKey Service
- Dish TV India adds 42,000 subscribers in 3Q 2019
- Wurl powers the delivery of Hollywire to Samsung TV Plus
- U.S. traditional video subscribers down nearly 1.9 million in 3Q 2019
- Swisscom Box integrates voice assistant for TV and smart home control
- INNOPIA, Amlogic and Verimatrix offer Netflix-integrated Hailstorm Hybrid platform
- EU cable revenue hits all-time high of €24 billion in 2018
- Major U.S. pay-TV providers lost 1.74 million subscribers in 3Q 2019
- Disney+ passes 10 million sign-ups since launching
- Orange launches Djingo voice assistant
- Netflix and Nickelodeon form multi-year output deal
- Fincons to present Smart Digital Platform compatible with both HbbTV and ATSC 3.0
- Telefónica announces Movistar Living Apps for its STBs
- Sunrise terminates plan to buy UPC Switzerland
- Astro Malaysia releases Astro Ultra Box
- DVB approves DVB-I specification
- Partner Communications selects Broadpeak for server-side ad insertion
- Irdeto and Amlogic launch Netflix-integrated Hailstorm Hybrid STB platform
- INNOPIA becomes Netflix Hailstorm Hybrid partner with Synaptics and NAGRA
- Synaptics VideoSmart SoC approved for Widevine CAS on Android TV