Digital TV News: Metrological
RDK now on more than 60 million devices
Mar 19, 2020 – RDK Management has announced that RDK software now powers more than 60 million devices deployed by service providers around the world. RDK is an open source software platform that standardizes core functions used in broadband, video, and IoT connected devices.
News categories: RDK Management, Steve Heeb, Cable TV, Digital TV, Market Research, RDK, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Tech4home unveils Voice Remote Control for RDK and Metrological STBs
Jan 14, 2020 – Tech4home has launched the first BLE voice remote control for RDK and Metrological enabled set-top boxes. The remote allows voice commands to be used to change channel, launch an app from the Metrological App store, and more.
News categories: Tech4home, Miguel Oliveira, Steve Heeb, Jeroen Ghijsen, Digital TV, RDK, Set Top Box, Smart Home, UX, Worldwide
Kaon unveils RDK Video Accelerator set-top box
Sep 10, 2019 – KAONMEDIA (KOSDAQ: KAON MEDIA) has become a member of the RDK Video Accelerator program with the introduction of its RDK Video Accelerator set-top box. The box comes pre-integrated with the RDK application framework and the Metrological App Store.
News categories: Kaon, RDK, CM KIM, Steve Heeb, Cable TV, Digital TV, IBC2020, RDK, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, USA, Worldwide
Broadcom unveils portfolio for RDK Video Accelerator program
Sep 10, 2019 – In advance of IBC, RDK Management and Broadcom (NASDAQ:AVGO) have announced an expanded relationship in which Broadcom joined the RDK Video Accelerator program and introduced a portfolio of pre-integrated RDK based chipset solutions.
News categories: RDK Management, Broadcom, Metrological, Apps, Cable TV, Digital TV, IBC2020, RDK, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Over 50 million RDK device deployments
Jun 5, 2019 – At ANGA COM 2019, RDK Management shared details about the adoption of RDK open source software used to power customer-premises equipment from video and broadband services providers worldwide. The number of RDK devices deployed is now over 50 million.
News categories: RDK Management, Steve Heeb, ANGA COM, Digital TV, Gateway, Market Research, Middleware, Worldwide
RDK development platform combines ARRIS STB and Metrological App Store
Apr 8, 2019 – ARRIS has announced the availability of the RDK Lab Accelerator. The Accelerator is based on the ARRIS VIP5202W UHD IP set-top and provides the RDK community with a development platform that uses the latest RDK application framework and pre-integrated Metrological App Store.
News categories: CommScope, RDK Management, Metrological, Larry Robinson, Steve Heeb, Apps, Digital TV, RDK, Set Top Box, USA, Worldwide
Stoneroos updates STB app for DELTA Fiber Nederland
Mar 26, 2019 – DELTA Fiber Netherlands, operating under the brands DELTA and Caiway, has updated its set-top box application from Stoneroos in order to allow multicast IP streaming and to integrate the Metrological App Store.
News categories: Stoneroos, DELTA Fiber, Metrological, Amino, Digital TV, IPTV, Netherlands, Set Top Box, UX
Vodafone Germany selects Metrological Application Platform
Jan 23, 2019 – Vodafone Germany has chosen Metrological to bring apps and OTT content to the GigaTV platform. Users will have access to OTT services, content and apps integrated into the GigaTV UI via the Metrological Application Platform.
News categories: Metrological, Vodafone, Thijs Bijleveld, Apps, Digital TV, Germany, IPTV, Set Top Box
Turkcell chooses Metrological to provide TV+ app store
Dec 12, 2018 – Turkcell (NYSE:TKC) (BIST:TCELL) has chosen Metrological to deliver the integrated Turkcell TV App Store, available to all Turkcell TV+ subscribers. Turkcell will have a unique TV App Store personalized for their TV+ subscribers across Turkey.
News categories: Metrological, Turkcell, Thijs Bijleveld, Baris Zavaroglu, Apps, Digital TV, Turkey
- Comscore finds U.S. VOD transactions peaked in April
- Vewd brings the full broadcast experience to Smart TVs
- Dataxis compares Europe, Latam with U.S. AVOD market
- HEVC Advance royalty rates to remain at current levels
- Alphonso signs ACR distribution deals with Seiki and Skyworth
- THEO Technologies and Synamedia form HESP Alliance
- U.S. consumers spend nearly seven hours per week watching online video
- NEXTGEN TV launches at four TV stations in Salt Lake City
- FCC designates Huawei and ZTE as national security threats
- STARZPLAY available from UPC Switzerland
- Verizon Media launches TV tune-in attribution with Inscape
- Eros Now partners with Dish TV India
- NexGuard watermarking integrated into AWS Elemental MediaConvert
- TRAI reports pay TV numbers for India at end-2019
- Altibox takes Verimatrix security into the Cloud
- Consolidated Communications introduces CCiTV in Texas
- Brat TV chooses Amagi to expand streaming TV footprint
- Churn rate for U.S. OTT services at 41% in Q1 2020
- Origin Broadband launches Origin TV in the UK with Netgem
- Mobile operators to generate 170 million SVOD subscribers