Digital TV News: TechniSat
HD+ unveils first HD+ embedded UHD TV
Jul 9, 2015 – HD+ (Paris and Luxembourg: SESG) and TechniSat have unveiled the first Ultra High-Definition (UHD) TV with integrated HD+ decryption system (no CI+ module for HD+ required). HD+ also announced the launch of its UHD demo channel in September.
News categories: HD PLUS, TechniSat, SES S.A, Georges Agnes, Digital TV, Germany, IFA2019, Satellite, Smart TV
DVB-T2 pilot project launched in Berlin
Oct 6, 2014 – MEDIA BROADCAST has launched a pilot project in Berlin to test the new DVB-T2 standard. All leading TV broadcasters, relevant industry associations and many companies in the CE industry are involved as project partners.
News categories: MEDIA BROADCAST GmbH, Ulf Heggenberger, Digital TV, DVB-T2, Germany, Semiconductor, Terrestrial
Opera, TechniSat and Verimatrix provide smooth TV browsing for operators
Jan 7, 2014 – Opera Software, together with TechniSat Digital and Verimatrix have announced that the latest TechniSat hybrid set-top boxes (STB) will be powered by the Opera SDK and protected by Verimatrix security.
News categories: TechniSat, Opera Software, Verimatrix, Aneesh Rajaram, Petr Peterka, Udo Scalla, Cable TV, CES, Content Protection, Middleware, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Smart TV Alliance announces updated SDK and new members at CES 2013
Jan 6, 2013 – The Smart TV Alliance has announced that five new manufacturers and solution providers have joined the Alliance to stimulate cross-platform Smart TV applications and services. The Alliance will also announce an updated SDK at CES 2013.
News categories: Smart TV Alliance, Apps, CES, Middleware, OTT, Smart TV
Rovi and Media Markt Introduce Digital Entertainment Services on a Range of Connected Devices
Aug 30, 2012 – Rovi (Nasdaq:ROVI) and Media Markt Germany have announced that they continue to expand the reach of Media Markt's Video-On-Demand services with new launches of the Media Markt Videodownloadshop on connected set-top boxes.
News categories: Rovi Corp, Media Markt, Digital TV, Germany, IFA2019, Media Player, Middleware, OTT, Set Top Box
BRIC Countries to Drive DTT Receiver Market
Jul 23, 2012 – Global Industry Analysts (GIA) has announced the release of a report on the DTT Receiver market. The active base for DTT Receivers is projected to reach 2.4 billion units by 2018, driven by TV digitization in the BRIC countries.
News categories: Global Industry Analysts, Digital TV, Market Research, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Terrestrial
Opera lifts the curtain on Opera TV Store and TV Emulator at IBC
Sep 7, 2011 – At IBC 2011, Opera Software will reveal the all new Opera TV Store, a simple solution for developers to build HTML5 apps for connected TVs and devices. OEMs can take advantage of these ready-made apps and offer them to their customers in an instant.
News categories: Opera Software, Apps, Blu-ray, IBC2019, Middleware, Set Top Box, Smart TV
TechniSat Digital and Mototech form STB Joint Venture
Dec 7, 2010 – TechniSat Digital and Mototech have signed an agreement to create a joint venture (Prime Electronic Polska Sp.z o.o.) for the supply of embedded CAS STBs in Eastern Europe.
News categories: TechniSat, Mototech, MnA, Poland, Set Top Box
DivX and TechniSat Sign Agreement to Bring DivX Certified STBs and IDTVs to German Retail Market
Sep 13, 2010 – DivX (NASDAQ: DIVX) and TechniSat Digital have announced an agreement to bring DivX technology to TechniSat digital set-top-box devices, as well as digital televisions, for the German retail market.
News categories: DivX, TechniSat, Germany, IBC2019, Media Player, Set Top Box, Smart TV
- Pay TV subscriptions exceed 1 billion
- Roku OS 9.2 to begin rollout
- Roku announces new streaming player line-up for UK
- Eros Now to develop online video platform with Microsoft
- FourthWall Media introduces Reveal 5 TV analytics and optimization platform
- Hearst Television moves to impressions-based selling of Local TV ad inventory
- Roku releases U.S. cord-cutting study
- Facebook introduces Portal TV set-top box
- CTA launches 8K Ultra HD logo program
- SVOD subscriptions soar by 38% in 2018
- Subscriptions now account for nearly 86% of US internet TV and movie spending
- NBCUniversal streaming service to be called 'Peacock'
- Vizio adds additional Alexa capabilities to SmartCast TVs
- LIWEST latest Austrian operator to deploy IPTV with Verimatrix and Ocilion
- Channel 4 to use Sky's AdSmart technology
- TV penetration in Sub-Saharan Africa still low
- Amazon Prime Video to be made available on Altice One
- NEOTION renews partnership with Irdeto
- Online video viewing to reach 100 minutes a day in 2021
- Irdeto secures Airtel Xstream 4K set-top box