Digital TV News: Topfield
ViXS®, Topfield and Morega Join Forces to Develop Mobility Gateway Set-Top Box
Jan 5, 2012 – ViXS Systems has announced a partnership with Topfield to develop a media gateway set-top box. The design demonstrates ViXS' XCode® 4210 STB processor and Xtensiv® software, combined with Morega Systems' content portability solution.
News categories: ViXS Systems, Topfield, Morega Systems, CES2020, Digital TV, Gateway, Home Server, Middleware, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
Russia's STB market to be flat at 2.5 million units in 2012
Dec 5, 2011 – According to a report from J'son & Partners commissioned by the European Audiovisual Observatory, the number of set-top boxes shipped this year in Russia will be 2.5 million, with no growth expected in 2012.
News categories: European Audiovisual Observatory, J'son & Partners, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, Russia, Satellite, Set Top Box, Subscribers, Terrestrial
Russia's Continent TV offers STB from Topfield
Sep 3, 2010 – Continent TV in Russia has announced a new satellite set-top box (STB) from Topfield (CSD-03/IR). The standard definition box is pre-programmed for reception of Continent TV and Eastern Express with conditional access from Irdeto built-in.
News categories: Continent TV, Topfield, Digital TV, DVB-S2, Russia, Satellite, Set Top Box
Topfield License ANT HbbTV Solution
Jul 29, 2010 – ANT (LSE AIM: ANTP) has announced that Topfield (KOSDAQ: 057880) has selected the ANT Galio HbbTV Platform for its latest range of set-top boxes. The new devices will be available on the German retail market in 2010, with France to follow in 2011.
News categories: ANT plc, Topfield, Digital TV, France, Germany, HbbTV, Middleware, OTT, Set Top Box, Smart Home
'TivùSat' DTH to launch in Italy on July 31st
Jul 22, 2009 – Tivù, the company owned by RAI (48.25%), Mediaset (48.25%) and Telecom Italia Media (3.5%), has announced that the launch of TivùSat will be July 31st. TivùSat is Italy's first free-to-air satellite TV service.
News categories: Tivù, RAI, Mediaset, Conditional Access, Digital TV, Italy, Satellite, Smart TV
Entropic Communications and TOPFIELD Co., Ltd. Partner On Next-Generation Digital Video Recorder Design
Jan 9, 2009 – Entropic Communications (Nasdaq:ENTR) has announced that the EN4020, its new multi-mode hybrid RF CMOS silicon tuner, has been selected by TOPFIELD for digital video receivers including DVB Systems for CATV and DVB-T.
News categories: Entropic Communications, TOPFIELD, Cable TV, Digital TV, DVR, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Terrestrial
Irdeto to Secure First Ukrainian Satellite DTH Service
Sep 7, 2007 – Irdeto has announced that Ukrainian satellite operator Poverkhnost has selected its Irdeto Digital TV content security solution to secure the country's first direct-to-home (DTH) network.
News categories: Irdeto, Poverkhnost, Conditional Access, Digital TV, IBC2019, Satellite, Ukraine
- 2020 semiconductor market to decline 0.9% due to coronavirus
- Over 11,000 TV channels were available in Europe in 2019
- Disney+ already at 50 million subscribers
- Crave now available on Roku devices in Canada
- Vodafone selects Synamedia for global cloud TV platform
- Neustar and iSpot.tv unify TV and digital attribution
- Comscore and JW Player partner on contextual targeting for video advertising
- Taiwan Broadband Communications adds HBO GO
- AR/VR IC market to grow to $7.75bn by 2026 at 23.3% CAGR
- 24i powers streaming video experience for Topic
- Roku launches The Roku Channel in the UK
- Verimatrix integrates server-side watermarking with Akamai
- SVOD and T-VOD drive Korean market to new levels
- HbbTV releases HbbTV Conformance Test Suite v2020-1
- NZ: Netflix, Lightbox and Prime Video double viewership in 2019
- KT to build IPTV service for 3BB TV in Thailand
- 10 million more digital pay TV subscribers for Eastern Europe by 2025
- US: 44% with a vMVPD switched from a traditional pay TV service
- BritBox app launches on LG Smart TVs
- Contentos integrates Theta Network decentralized video delivery for COS.tv