Digital TV News: Topfield
ViXS®, Topfield and Morega Join Forces to Develop Mobility Gateway Set-Top Box
Jan 5, 2012 – ViXS Systems has announced a partnership with Topfield to develop a media gateway set-top box. The design demonstrates ViXS' XCode® 4210 STB processor and Xtensiv® software, combined with Morega Systems' content portability solution.
News categories: ViXS Systems, Topfield, Morega Systems, CES2020, Digital TV, Gateway, Home Server, Middleware, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
Russia's STB market to be flat at 2.5 million units in 2012
Dec 5, 2011 – According to a report from J'son & Partners commissioned by the European Audiovisual Observatory, the number of set-top boxes shipped this year in Russia will be 2.5 million, with no growth expected in 2012.
News categories: European Audiovisual Observatory, J'son & Partners, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, Russia, Satellite, Set Top Box, Subscribers, Terrestrial
Russia's Continent TV offers STB from Topfield
Sep 3, 2010 – Continent TV in Russia has announced a new satellite set-top box (STB) from Topfield (CSD-03/IR). The standard definition box is pre-programmed for reception of Continent TV and Eastern Express with conditional access from Irdeto built-in.
News categories: Continent TV, Topfield, Digital TV, DVB-S2, Russia, Satellite, Set Top Box
Topfield License ANT HbbTV Solution
Jul 29, 2010 – ANT (LSE AIM: ANTP) has announced that Topfield (KOSDAQ: 057880) has selected the ANT Galio HbbTV Platform for its latest range of set-top boxes. The new devices will be available on the German retail market in 2010, with France to follow in 2011.
News categories: ANT plc, Topfield, Digital TV, France, Germany, HbbTV, Middleware, OTT, Set Top Box, Smart Home
'TivùSat' DTH to launch in Italy on July 31st
Jul 22, 2009 – Tivù, the company owned by RAI (48.25%), Mediaset (48.25%) and Telecom Italia Media (3.5%), has announced that the launch of TivùSat will be July 31st. TivùSat is Italy's first free-to-air satellite TV service.
News categories: Tivù, RAI, Mediaset, Conditional Access, Digital TV, Italy, Satellite, Smart TV
Entropic Communications and TOPFIELD Co., Ltd. Partner On Next-Generation Digital Video Recorder Design
Jan 9, 2009 – Entropic Communications (Nasdaq:ENTR) has announced that the EN4020, its new multi-mode hybrid RF CMOS silicon tuner, has been selected by TOPFIELD for digital video receivers including DVB Systems for CATV and DVB-T.
News categories: Entropic Communications, TOPFIELD, Cable TV, Digital TV, DVR, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Terrestrial
Irdeto to Secure First Ukrainian Satellite DTH Service
Sep 7, 2007 – Irdeto has announced that Ukrainian satellite operator Poverkhnost has selected its Irdeto Digital TV content security solution to secure the country's first direct-to-home (DTH) network.
News categories: Irdeto, Poverkhnost, Conditional Access, Digital TV, IBC2019, Satellite, Ukraine
- Allegro DVT unveils VVC compliance test bitstreams
- Synamedia partners with USSI Global for the U.S. market
- Disney+ brings forward EMEA launch date
- BARB begins reporting reach and time spent viewing across screens
- Synamedia partners with World Wide Technology
- Realtek, Jiuzhou join NAGRA Android TV Reference Program for Pay TV operators
- ENENSYS DVB-SIS solution ready for deployment
- Syncbak to debut simplified OTT syndication and monetization tools at NATPE 2020
- No growth expected for MENA pay TV revenues
- Indian communication satellite GSAT-30 launched successfully
- NBCUniversal unveils Peacock freemium streaming service
- Comscore TV viewing data used to predict advertising audience decline
- Majority of U.S. advertisers using Advanced TV solutions
- US broadband households interested in innovative offerings accessed via TV
- U.S. advertising and marketing spend to grow to $390 billion in 2020
- Bannister Lake integrates MPEG-DASH into data aggregation workflow
- NextGen TV offers clear upside potential according to BIA
- ANA and Innovid release Connected TV insights report
- Insight TV taps Amagi for OTT channel distribution
- Cincinnati Bell, Hawaiian Telcom partner with YouTube TV