Digital TV News: Amlogic
Amlogic Android TV STB reference solutions pre-certified by Netflix
Nov 14, 2018 – Amlogic has announced that it has been named an SoC partner in Netflix's Hailstorm program and has achieved pre-certification for its Android TV STB reference solutions. Hailstorm is a Netflix device scaling program based on Android TV.
News categories: Amlogic, James Xie, Android TV, Apps, Asia, Digital TV, OTT, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Amlogic completes integration of Widevine CAS on Android TV
Nov 9, 2018 – Amlogic has announced that it has integrated Widevine CAS on the Android TV platform. With Amlogic's 4K set-top box (STB) platform running Android 9 Pie, Amlogic's customers can design Android STBs integrated with Widevine CAS to secure premium content.
News categories: Amlogic, Widevine, James Xie, Brian Baker, Android TV, Digital TV, DRM, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Amlogic's STB platform achieves Android 9 Pie Ready
Sep 14, 2018 – Amlogic has announced that it has successfully integrated Android 9 Pie into its S905X SoC powered 1G4K Android TV set-top box platform. Along with the integration of Android 9 Pie, the platform has been verified by Google.
News categories: Amlogic, James Xie, Android TV, Digital TV, IBC, Middleware, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Worldwide
RealNetworks codec chosen for CIBN mobile TV App
Jun 27, 2018 – RealNetworks (NASDAQ: RNWK) has announced the commercial deployment of RealMedia HD on the China International Broadcasting Network (CIBN) Mobile TV App, available now for download from Android app stores in China.
News categories: RealNetworks, China International Broadcasting Network, Jiang Hense, Xie Shengluo, Apps, China, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Media Player, OTT, Semiconductor
Amlogic debuts 4K TV set-top box chipset at BroadcastAsia
Jun 25, 2018 – Amlogic has announced the launch of the Amlogic S905X chipset with support for Netflix, and a 1GB DDR memory configuration designed for use on 4K UHD Android TV set-top boxes.
News categories: Amlogic, James Xie, Android TV, ConnecTechAsia, Digital TV, ICs, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Ericsson MediaFirst available on Amlogic STB chipset
Mar 22, 2018 – Ericsson (NASDAQ: ERIC) Media Solutions and Amlogic have announced a collaboration to make Ericsson's MediaFirst middleware available on Amlogic's chipsets. The integration enables consumers to access content via MediaFirst set-top-boxes.
News categories: Ericsson, Amlogic, Marc Stauffacher, James Xie, Digital TV, Middleware, NABShow, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Worldwide
RealNetworks and Amlogic expand media codec partnership
Jan 9, 2018 – RealNetworks (NASDAQ: RNWK) has announced an agreement to license its RealMedia HD codec for porting and optimization to Amlogic. RealMedia HD is a video codec that delivers HD video quality at a fraction of the bandwidth required by other codecs.
News categories: RealNetworks, Amlogic, Morris Zhang, James Xie, CES, Digital TV, Media Player, Semiconductor, Worldwide
SPB TV Android TV box certified by Google
Sep 18, 2017 – The Android TV set-top box from SPB TV has been certified by Google. Currently, the number of installations of SPB TV applications on mobile devices has exceeded 70 million worldwide, most of them are Android users.
News categories: SPB TV, Google, Kirill Filippov, Android TV, Digital TV, IBC, Set Top Box, Worldwide
iWedia Teatro-3.5 Android TV software available on Askey UHD STBs
Sep 14, 2017 – iWedia has announced that its Teatro-3.5 software solution for Android TV Set-Top Boxes (STB) is available for the latest UHD STB from Askey Computer. A pure IP STB, the Askey STI6080 is based on Amlogic's S912 chipset.
News categories: iWedia, Askey, Nikola Teslić, Thomas Ho, Android TV, Digital TV, IBC, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Worldwide
- Afghanistan Broadcasting System selects EUTELSAT 53A as its DTH platform
- StarHub pay TV households down 49,000 in 2018
- Encoding.com selected by Akamai as preferred partner for VOD transcoding
- U.S. smart speaker sales will exceed 64 million in 2022
- Brightcove to acquire Ooyala’s online video platform business
- DISH TV down ~380k; Sling TV up ~50k subs in 4Q 2018
- TVSquared partners with TiVo for deterministic attribution
- Telenet designs new YUGO bundle entirely around the smartphone
- FreeWheel chooses Nielsen to power audience-based multiscreen TV advertising
- GTPL Hathway adds 170,000 CATV digital subscribers in 4Q 2018
- Tastemade expands linear OTT footprint with Amagi
- FreeWheel Council for Premium Video Europe releases paper on programmatic technology
- Ethiopian broadcasters take video capacity on EUTELSAT 8 West B
- Survey finds one in four Malaysian consumers use pirate TV boxes
- Digital Voice Assistants in use to triple to 8 billion by 2023
- Amazon to acquire mesh WiFi company, eero
- LiveRamp expands identity solution to include connected TV
- CuriosityStream raises $140M in private placement
- Hong Kong to begin analogue TV switch off on November 30, 2020
- China's online video subscribers to surpass 300 million in 2019