Digital TV News: Hakan Kutlu
M7 app integrated with Vestel-produced smart TVs
Apr 24, 2019 – M7 Group has agreed with Vestel to integrate the M7 smart TV app into the latest Vestel smart TVs. For the markets in which M7 operates, Vestel produced smart TVs are available under various brands, including Toshiba, Hitachi, JVC, Finlux and Telefunken.
News categories: M7 Group, Vestel, Hans Troelstra, Hakan Kutlu, Apps, Austria, Belgium, Czech Republic, Digital TV, Germany, Netherlands, Satellite, Slovakia, Smart TV
Vestel releases first CASTVs with integrated broadcast pay TV
Jan 15, 2019 – Vestel has launched its first CASTVs which allow consumers to access pay TV services without the need for a separate set-top box, CAM or any other external device. The launch has been enabled by Irdeto’s TV Cloaked CA solution.
News categories: Irdeto, Vestel, evotv, Steeve Huin, Hakan Kutlu, Domagoj Frank, Austria, Croatia, Digital TV, Germany, Smart TV, Terrestrial, Uzbekistan
Vestel to deliver TVs with Intertrust's ExpressPlay video protection
Sep 13, 2018 – Vestel and Intertrust have announced that Vestel will ship TVs and STBs in 2019 with Intertrust’s ExpressPlay XCA for broadcast video management and protection. ExpressPlay XCA is Intertrust’s video conditional access system based on open standard Marlin DRM technology.
News categories: Intertrust, Vestel, Alberto Sigismondi, Hakan Kutlu, Conditional Access, Digital TV, DRM, Europe, IBC2019, OTT, Set Top Box, Smart TV
Vestel partners with Foxxum for Linux-based Smart TVs
Aug 31, 2018 – Foxxum has announced that Vestel has signed an agreement to make Foxxum the single worldwide Smart TV partner for Vestel branded and OEM Products running on its Linux based operating system.
News categories: Foxxum, Vestel, Ronny Lutzi, Hakan Kutlu, Apps, Digital TV, Europe, Smart TV
Vestel and Vewd add newest HbbTV standard to smart TV partnership
Mar 13, 2018 – Vewd and Vestel have announced a contract renewal that will see even more Vewd products delivered across the full range of Vestel TVs. The agreement will result in one of the largest deployments of smart TVs with the newest HbbTV standard.
News categories: Vewd, Vestel, Aneesh Rajaram, Hakan Kutlu, Digital TV, Europe, HbbTV, OTT, Smart TV
Dolby Vision comes to Vestel OLED and Ultra HD TVs
Nov 9, 2017 – Dolby (NYSE:DLB) and Vestel have announced that Dolby Vision will be featured across the entire range of Vestel’s Ultra HD (UHD) TV’s, including Vestel’s new range of OLED TVs.
News categories: Dolby Laboratories, Vestel, Giles Baker, Hakan Kutlu, Digital TV, Smart TV, Worldwide
Irdeto and Vestel launch TVs with integrated broadcast pay TV capabilities
Sep 15, 2017 – Irdeto has announced a partnership with Vestel to securely deliver premium content direct to Vestel’s 4K TVs. The collaboration sees the first implementation of Irdeto’s TV Cloaked CA solution which allows consumers to access premium pay TV services through their TV without the need for a separate set-top box.
News categories: Irdeto, Vestel, Steeve Huin, Hakan Kutlu, Content Protection, Digital TV, IBC2019, Smart TV, Worldwide
Vestel and Opera TV partner for HbbTV 2.0 TVs
May 3, 2016 – Opera TV and Vestel have announced that Opera TV software will be incorporated in the new line of Vestel televisions, to provide customers with Ultra HD content and interactive experiences using the latest HbbTV specification, HbbTV 2.0.
News categories: Opera TV, Vestel, Aneesh Rajaram, Hakan Kutlu, Digital TV, Europe, HbbTV, Smart TV
NEOTION and VESTEL unveil USB Conditional Access Module
Sep 4, 2015 – NEOTION has unveiled, in partnership with VESTEL, a USB Conditional Access Module (CAM), designed to protect content from traditional broadcast linear TV sources. The USB form factor is aimed at Pay-TV markets where DVB-CI PCMCIA is not available.
News categories: NEOTION, VESTEL, Nicolas STEFANELLI, Hakan KUTLU, CAM, Digital TV, IBC2019, Smart TV, Worldwide
- Pay-TV Innovation Forum reveals LatAm key findings
- Beeline deploys Kaltura TV Platform in Kazakhstan
- Spearad launches monetization technology for addressable TV and audio
- SmartLabs migrates legacy boxes for StarNet TV in Moldova
- New global launch dates confirmed for Disney+
- Viacom and ACCESS partner on automotive TV in Germany
- Australians turn to multiple subscriptions for entertainment
- Broadband usage patterns provide clues to imminent cord-cutting
- TELUS Home Assistant giving Optik TV customers hands-free voice control
- Amobee launches data marketplace for connected TV and multiscreen advertising
- Sky Media reveals power of addressable TV
- Charter agrees deal to distribute Disney streaming services
- Consolidated launches TV over Fiber-to-the-Premises in Columbia County, New York
- Global smart speaker sales grow 96% to 30.3 million in Q2 2019
- Comscore to provide measurement for Xandr's addressable offering
- CBS and Viacom to combine
- U.S. STB energy agreement savings top $5 billion
- GO Malta deploys Edgeware solutions for multiscreen TV
- Major U.S. pay-TV providers lost ~1.53 million subscribers in 2Q 2019
- Most smart speakers and video streamers are energy efficient