Digital TV News: Hakan Kutlu
BritBox available on Panasonic and Vestel TVs and on Chromecast
Dec 23, 2019 – BritBox has confirmed today that the service is now available on Panasonic’s premium range of televisions, on smart TVs manufactured by Vestel, and on Google Chromecast streaming sticks. This is in addition to the TV devices supported at launch.
News categories: ITV, Panasonic, Vestel, Reemah Sakaan, Helen Dixon, Hakan Kutlu, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Smart TV, UK
M7 app integrated with Vestel-produced smart TVs
Apr 24, 2019 – M7 Group has agreed with Vestel to integrate the M7 smart TV app into the latest Vestel smart TVs. For the markets in which M7 operates, Vestel produced smart TVs are available under various brands, including Toshiba, Hitachi, JVC, Finlux and Telefunken.
News categories: M7 Group, Vestel, Hans Troelstra, Hakan Kutlu, Apps, Austria, Belgium, Czech Republic, Digital TV, Germany, Netherlands, Satellite, Slovakia, Smart TV
Vestel releases first CASTVs with integrated broadcast pay TV
Jan 15, 2019 – Vestel has launched its first CASTVs which allow consumers to access pay TV services without the need for a separate set-top box, CAM or any other external device. The launch has been enabled by Irdeto’s TV Cloaked CA solution.
News categories: Irdeto, Vestel, evotv, Steeve Huin, Hakan Kutlu, Domagoj Frank, Austria, Croatia, Digital TV, Germany, Smart TV, Terrestrial, Uzbekistan
Vestel to deliver TVs with Intertrust's ExpressPlay video protection
Sep 13, 2018 – Vestel and Intertrust have announced that Vestel will ship TVs and STBs in 2019 with Intertrust’s ExpressPlay XCA for broadcast video management and protection. ExpressPlay XCA is Intertrust’s video conditional access system based on open standard Marlin DRM technology.
News categories: Intertrust, Vestel, Alberto Sigismondi, Hakan Kutlu, Conditional Access, Digital TV, DRM, Europe, IBC2019, OTT, Set Top Box, Smart TV
Vestel partners with Foxxum for Linux-based Smart TVs
Aug 31, 2018 – Foxxum has announced that Vestel has signed an agreement to make Foxxum the single worldwide Smart TV partner for Vestel branded and OEM Products running on its Linux based operating system.
News categories: Foxxum, Vestel, Ronny Lutzi, Hakan Kutlu, Apps, Digital TV, Europe, Smart TV
Vestel and Vewd add newest HbbTV standard to smart TV partnership
Mar 13, 2018 – Vewd and Vestel have announced a contract renewal that will see even more Vewd products delivered across the full range of Vestel TVs. The agreement will result in one of the largest deployments of smart TVs with the newest HbbTV standard.
News categories: Vewd, Vestel, Aneesh Rajaram, Hakan Kutlu, Digital TV, Europe, HbbTV, OTT, Smart TV
Dolby Vision comes to Vestel OLED and Ultra HD TVs
Nov 9, 2017 – Dolby (NYSE:DLB) and Vestel have announced that Dolby Vision will be featured across the entire range of Vestel’s Ultra HD (UHD) TV’s, including Vestel’s new range of OLED TVs.
News categories: Dolby Laboratories, Vestel, Giles Baker, Hakan Kutlu, Digital TV, Smart TV, Worldwide
Irdeto and Vestel launch TVs with integrated broadcast pay TV capabilities
Sep 15, 2017 – Irdeto has announced a partnership with Vestel to securely deliver premium content direct to Vestel’s 4K TVs. The collaboration sees the first implementation of Irdeto’s TV Cloaked CA solution which allows consumers to access premium pay TV services through their TV without the need for a separate set-top box.
News categories: Irdeto, Vestel, Steeve Huin, Hakan Kutlu, Content Protection, Digital TV, IBC2019, Smart TV, Worldwide
Vestel and Opera TV partner for HbbTV 2.0 TVs
May 3, 2016 – Opera TV and Vestel have announced that Opera TV software will be incorporated in the new line of Vestel televisions, to provide customers with Ultra HD content and interactive experiences using the latest HbbTV specification, HbbTV 2.0.
News categories: Opera TV, Vestel, Aneesh Rajaram, Hakan Kutlu, Digital TV, Europe, HbbTV, Smart TV
- Netflix releases fourth-quarter 2019 results
- U.S. weekly time watching Netflix and Hulu up 20 minutes in 2019
- Allegro DVT unveils VVC compliance test bitstreams
- Synamedia partners with USSI Global for the U.S. market
- Disney+ brings forward EMEA launch date
- BARB begins reporting reach and time spent viewing across screens
- Synamedia partners with World Wide Technology
- Roku TV launches in Brazil in partnership with AOC
- Realtek, Jiuzhou join NAGRA Android TV Reference Program for Pay TV operators
- ENENSYS DVB-SIS solution ready for deployment
- Syncbak to debut simplified OTT syndication and monetization tools at NATPE 2020
- No growth expected for MENA pay TV revenues
- Indian communication satellite GSAT-30 launched successfully
- NBCUniversal unveils Peacock freemium streaming service
- Comscore TV viewing data used to predict advertising audience decline
- Majority of U.S. advertisers using Advanced TV solutions
- US broadband households interested in innovative offerings accessed via TV
- U.S. advertising and marketing spend to grow to $390 billion in 2020
- Bannister Lake integrates MPEG-DASH into data aggregation workflow
- NextGen TV offers clear upside potential according to BIA