Digital TV News: Sky Deutschland
MaxLinear receivers power Sky Deutschland Ultra HD Sky+ Pro STB
Sep 9, 2016 – MaxLinear (NYSE: MXL) has announced that its Full-Spectrum Capture satellite and cable front-end receivers have been selected by Sky Deutschland for a new personal video recorder (PVR) for Germany and Austria.
News categories: MaxLinear, Sky Deutschland, Will Torgerson, Gerard Duffy, Austria, Cable TV, Digital TV, DVR, Germany, Satellite, Semiconductor
Mobile TV market on cusp of unprecedented growth
Aug 26, 2016 – The global market for mobile TV is exceedingly fragmented and the top 10 players accounted for a mere 23.3% in 2015. These companies do, however, enjoy a strong foothold in several regional markets and have set entry-level barriers rather high.
News categories: Transparency Market Research, Digital TV, Market Research, Mobile, Worldwide
Sky Deutschland’s first Ultra HD channels to broadcast on SES satellite
Aug 22, 2016 – SES (Paris; Luxembourg: SESG) has announced that Sky Deutschland will be launching two Ultra HD channels at SES’s 19.2°E orbital position in the autumn. Sky Deutschland will show one game per each Bundesliga match day on Sky Sport Bundesliga UHD and selected games from the UEFA Champions League on Sky Sport UHD.
News categories: SES S.A, Sky Deutschland, Norbert Hölzle, Stefan Kunz, Digital TV, Germany, Satellite
Time spent watching TV went up in Italy and France in 2015
Jul 26, 2016 – IHS Markit (Nasdaq: INFO) has announced findings from its study on TV viewing times across the UK, France, Germany, Italy and Spain. The report examined changes in television viewing behaviour across broadcast and digital platforms.
News categories: IHS Markit, Daniel Sutton, Digital TV, France, Germany, Italy, Market Research, Spain, UK
Sky Deutschland selects INSIDE Secure player for Apple TV app
Jul 12, 2016 – INSIDE Secure (Paris:INSD) has announced that its secured player technology has been selected by Sky Deutschland for the new Sky Online streaming service for the fourth generation of Apple TV.
News categories: INSIDE Secure, Sky Deutschland, Andrew McLennan, Mauro Di Pietro Paolo, Austria, DRM, Germany, Media Player, Set Top Box, TV Everywhere
Accedo brings Sky Deutschland to Playstation 3 and 4
Jun 14, 2016 – Accedo has announced that it has worked with Sky Deutschland to bring its online TV service, Sky Online, to Sony PlayStation 3 and 4 game consoles. Developed using Accedo’s cross-platform development toolkit, Sky has been able to extend the existing app to the new platforms.
News categories: Accedo, Sky Deutschland, Michael Lantz, Alice Mascia, Apps, Digital TV, Games Console, Germany, TV Everywhere
SES now broadcasting eight commercial Ultra HD channels
Feb 26, 2016 – SES (Paris; Luxembourg: SESG) has reported results for the year ended 31 December 2015. SES' technical reach in prime video neighbourhoods contributed to an 11.3% increase in total TV channels broadcast over SES satellites to 7,268 channels.
News categories: SES S.A, Africa, Content Distribution, Europe, Latin America, North America, Results, Satellite
BSkyB adds 113,000 TV subscribers in 2Q 2015
Jul 29, 2015 – SKY plc has announced results for the twelve months ended 30 June 2015. In the UK and Ireland quarterly TV growth increased by 49% to 113,000. Sky confirmed that it is planning to deploy a European-wide set-top box.
News categories: Sky plc, Austria, Digital TV, Germany, Ireland, Italy, Middleware, Results, Satellite, Set Top Box, Subscribers, UK
EU objects to cross-border provision of pay-TV services available in UK and Ireland
Jul 23, 2015 – The European Commission has taken the preliminary view that six studios and Sky UK have bilaterally agreed to put in place contractual restrictions that prevent Sky UK from allowing EU consumers located elsewhere to access, via satellite or online, pay-TV services available in the UK and Ireland.
News categories: European Commission, Margrethe Vestager, EU, Ireland, Regulation, Satellite, UK
- Nielsen's TV ratings platform moves to AWS
- NEC demonstrates live 8K video transmission over 5G in France
- AirTV 4K streaming stick integrates Sling TV, Netflix and OTA channels
- Dalet to acquire Ooyala Flex Media Platform business
- TekSavvy TV launching across Ontario
- Cyfrowy Polsat launches OTT TV via new set-top-box
- Hotstar sets streaming world record with 25.3 million concurrent viewers
- Amino acquires 24i Media
- egta survey shows continued transformation of the advertising industry
- European pay TV to gain 17.7 million subscribers between 2019 and 2023
- OpenAP partners with dataxu to power digital audience creation
- Manatt and Vorhaus report on the state of content consumption
- Mirada results for the year ended 31 March 2019
- Prices for mid- and large-sized LCD panels keep falling in 3Q
- 7.1 million digital paying CATV subscribers for Hathway at end-2Q 2019
- Tremor Video combines capabilities with YuMe by RhythmOne
- Tastemade selects Telaria for programmatic OTT and CTV advertising
- SmartLabs becomes Samsung Smart TV App Developer
- India active DTH subscribers up 1.95 million in 1Q 2019
- DVB adds HDR Dynamic Mapping to its AV coding specifications