Digital TV News: Thierry Legrand
NAGRA secures United Group’s 4K Android TV platform
Dec 4, 2018 – NAGRA (SIX:KUD.S) has announced that it is securing EON, the latest video service launched by United Group, in four markets: Serbia (SBB), Slovenia (Telemach), Bosnia and Herzegovina (Telemach), and Montenegro (Telemach).
News categories: NAGRA, United Group, Thierry Legrand, Victoriya Boklag, Android TV, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Cable TV, Content Protection, Digital TV, Montenegro, Satellite, Serbia, Slovenia
Vodafone deploys NAGRA cloud security for Vodafone TV
Sep 4, 2018 – NAGRA (SIX:KUD.S) has announced that Vodafone has deployed the NAGRA Security Services Platform (SSP). The company is using the platform to secure its multi-network TV service, Vodafone TV (VTV), across several countries.
News categories: NAGRA, Vodafone, Thierry Legrand, Nuno Sanches, Content Protection, Digital TV, Greece, IBC, Italy, Media Player, New Zealand, Set Top Box, Spain
NAGRA secures CANAL+ 4K UHD services in France
Jan 18, 2018 – NAGRA (SIX:KUD.S) has announced that its content protection is securing CANAL+ Group's new 4K Ultra HD service. NAGRA CONNECT ensures content protection via satellite, OTT or within the home in addition to access control for users authorized by CANAL+.
News categories: NAGRA, CANAL+ Group, Thierry Legrand, Philippe Rivas, Content Protection, Digital TV, France, Satellite, Set Top Box
NAGRA secures Euskaltel 4K Android TV STB deployment in Spain
Dec 11, 2017 – NAGRA has announced that its NAGRA CONNECT content protection solution for connected networks was deployed by Spanish cable TV provider Euskaltel to secure the operator’s new Android TV-based 4K set-top boxes by Technicolor.
News categories: NAGRA, Euskaltel, Technicolor, Thierry Legrand, Leticia Sánchez Berian, Gaetan Delcroix, Android TV, Cable TV, Content Protection, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Spain
NAGRA and CANAL+ renew and expand content protection partnership
Sep 14, 2017 – NAGRA (SIX:KUD.S) and CANAL+ Group have announced that they have renewed and expanded their content protection partnership. NAGRA will provide the operator with conditional access systems while also delivering a new range of anti-piracy services.
News categories: NAGRA, CANAL+ Group, Thierry Legrand, Philippe Rivas, Africa, Caribbean, Conditional Access, Content Protection, Digital TV, France, Madagascar, Mauritius, Poland, Satellite, Set Top Box, Vietnam
NAGRA cardless content protection selected by Platco in South Africa
Nov 14, 2016 – NAGRA (SIX:KUD.S) has announced that its cardless content protection solution was selected by Platco Digital, South Africa’s fastest growing direct-to-home service provider, to secure the newest deployments of its OpenView HD platform.
News categories: NAGRA, Platco Digital, Thierry Legrand, Christopher Schouten, Patrick Conroy, Content Protection, Digital TV, Satellite, South Africa, Video Exchange
Inview appoints NAGRA for digital TV launch in Nigeria
Jul 6, 2016 – NAGRA (SIX:KUD.S) has been appointed by Inview Nigeria, a subsidiary of Inview Technology Ltd., to secure the Nigerian free-to-air digital TV platform, known as 'Free TV' and support the operator’s transition to digital.
News categories: NAGRA, Inview, Thierry Legrand, Nick Markham, Content Protection, Digital TV, Nigeria, Satellite, Terrestrial
SFR and NAGRA partner on 4K Ultra HD launch in France
Nov 9, 2015 – SFR and NAGRA (SIX:KUD.S) have announced the launch of the operator’s 4K Ultra HD offer under the brand 'La Box Fibre Zive de SFR'. SFR uses NAGRA content protection to secure the home gateway, and NAGRA’s MediaLive to power its on-demand catalogue and streaming capability.
News categories: NAGRA, SFR, Thierry Legrand, Content Distribution, Content Protection, Digital TV, France, IPTV, Set Top Box
Nagra enables hybrid OTT and DTT service for Vodafone Spain
Oct 13, 2014 – NAGRA (SIX: KUD.S) has announced that its QuickStart Hybrid solution is enabling a combined over-the-top (OTT) and digital terrestrial television (DTT) offering for Vodafone España.
News categories: NAGRA, Vodafone, SmarDTV, Thierry Legrand, Isaac Mendoza, Content Protection, Digital TV, IPTV, Middleware, OTT, Set Top Box, Spain, Terrestrial
- Afghanistan Broadcasting System selects EUTELSAT 53A as its DTH platform
- StarHub pay TV households down 49,000 in 2018
- Encoding.com selected by Akamai as preferred partner for VOD transcoding
- U.S. smart speaker sales will exceed 64 million in 2022
- Brightcove to acquire Ooyala’s online video platform business
- DISH TV down ~380k; Sling TV up ~50k subs in 4Q 2018
- TVSquared partners with TiVo for deterministic attribution
- Telenet designs new YUGO bundle entirely around the smartphone
- FreeWheel chooses Nielsen to power audience-based multiscreen TV advertising
- GTPL Hathway adds 170,000 CATV digital subscribers in 4Q 2018
- Tastemade expands linear OTT footprint with Amagi
- FreeWheel Council for Premium Video Europe releases paper on programmatic technology
- Ethiopian broadcasters take video capacity on EUTELSAT 8 West B
- Survey finds one in four Malaysian consumers use pirate TV boxes
- Digital Voice Assistants in use to triple to 8 billion by 2023
- Amazon to acquire mesh WiFi company, eero
- LiveRamp expands identity solution to include connected TV
- CuriosityStream raises $140M in private placement
- Hong Kong to begin analogue TV switch off on November 30, 2020
- China's online video subscribers to surpass 300 million in 2019