Colombia Digital TV News
NEC to provide DVB-T2 transmitters to RTVC in Colombia
Oct 4, 2016 – NEC (TSE: 6701) has announced that they will provide digital TV transmitters for Radio Television Nacional de Colombia (RTVC), Colombia's public broadcasting service, in support of expanding the country's terrestrial digital broadcasting.
News categories: NEC Corp, RTVC, Javier Ortiz Ardila, Colombia, Content Distribution, Digital TV, DVB-T2, Terrestrial
GlobalNet launches IPTV with VectorMAX in Colombia
Aug 4, 2016 – GlobalNet has launched GlobalPlay, an IPTV service utilizing the VectorMAX TV Anywhere end to end, completely software based, IPTV delivery platform. GlobalPlay delivers SD & HD live channels to the Colombian market.
News categories: VectorMAX, GlobalNet, Colombia, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IPTV, Set Top Box
Millicom cable RGUs up 41,000 in 2Q 2016
Jul 21, 2016 – Millicom has announced results for the second quarter and first half ended June 30, 2016. Cable RGUs increased by 41,000 from Q1 2016 to 5.46 million with the growth coming primarily from pay TV offers.
News categories: Millicom, Mauricio Ramos, Bolivia, Cable TV, Colombia, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, Paraguay, Results, Subscribers
Telefonica adds 94,000 pay TV subscribers in 1Q 2016
Apr 29, 2016 – Telefónica (NYSE:TEF) (LSE:TDE) has announced results for the first quarter of 2016. Video revenues totaled 665.4 million euros, up 17.3% vs. the first quarter of 2015. Pay TV accesses totalled 8.4 million at March (4.5 million satellite TV).
News categories: Telefónica, Brazil, Central America, Chile, Colombia, IPTV, Peru, Results, Satellite, Spain, Subscribers, Venezuela
Telefónica pay TV accesses up 12% in 2015
Feb 26, 2016 – Telefónica has presented results of the 2015 fiscal year. In the fourth quarter of 2015, revenues continue to be supported by the solid growth of pay TV accesses, with quarterly net additions of 117 thousand, resulting in a total base of 8.3 million in December.
News categories: Telefónica, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, IPTV, Peru, Results, Satellite, Spain, Subscribers, Venezuela
Telefónica to launch video services in seven more LatAm markets in 2016
Dec 9, 2015 – Telefónica will launch video services in seven Latin American markets in 2016, which will mainly be VoD services and linear television channels. The markets are Ecuador, Uruguay, Panama, Costa Rica, El Salvador, Guatemala and Nicaragua.
News categories: Telefónica, Luis Delamer, Argentina, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Digital TV, Peru, Venezuela
Colombian pay TV market to reach 5.3 million households by 2018
Nov 5, 2015 – The Colombian pay TV market will reach 5.3 million households by 2018, according to data published by Dataxis. This figure will represent a 3.4% increase when compared to end-2015.
News categories: Dataxis, Cable TV, Colombia, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, Satellite, Subscribers
Millicom releases Q3 2015 results
Oct 22, 2015 – Millicom has released its Q3 2015 results. Cable and Digital Media revenue grew strongly at 25.2%. Total Cable and Digital Media revenue generating units increased by 83,000 from Q2 2015 to 5.25 million.
News categories: Millicom, Bolivia, Cable TV, Colombia, Costa Rica, Digital TV, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, Paraguay, Results, Subscribers
Pay TV subscribers pass 5 million in Colombia
Sep 28, 2015 – According to figures from Colombia's Comisión de Regulación de Comunicaciones (CRC) and Autoridad Nacional de Televisión (ANTV), the number of pay TV subscribers in the country passed the 5 million mark in July.
News categories: Autoridad Nacional de Televisión, Comisión de Regulación de Comunicaciones, Cable TV, Colombia, Digital TV, Market Research, Satellite, Subscribers
- NCTC to offer discounted Amazon Fire TV devices to members
- Viu reaches 41.4 million monthly active users
- Roku ends 2019 with 36.9 million active accounts
- Online viewing continues to gain ground on traditional broadcast TV
- Vianeos provides revamped UX for Batelco TV in Bahrain
- VUALTO partners with ATEME for automated encoder integration
- STV selects Arqiva Hybrid TV Service for HD restart feature
- AfricaXP adds DTH capacity from Eutelsat for Sub-Saharan Africa
- Altice USA residential video RGUs down 44k in 4Q 2019
- 'Tapering subscriber acquisitions' for Dish TV India in 4Q 2019
- Movistar Spain launches new voice remote control
- Irdeto confirmed as security partner for Mitele Plus
- Swedish streaming market saturating
- Tubi monthly active users grow to 25 million
- beIN SPORTS strikes partnership with XUMO TV
- Cinedigm’s Viewster app available on Foxxum-supporting devices
- Liberty extends Netflix partnership in Europe
- beIN SPORTS XTRA added to Samsung TV Plus
- Sinclair Broadcast joins Pearl TV broadcast business organization
- WISI ABR transcoding approved for Minerva YourTV Now cloud video