Streaming (Over-the-top, OTT, P2P, PC-TV, Internet TV, online video, IP Video) News
Survey highlights attraction of interacting with streaming video
Oct 6, 2021 – DFC Intelligence has announced results of a global survey showing that nearly all consumers watch streaming video content monthly and an overwhelming majority (85.4%) would interact with streamed content if they could.
News categories: DFC Intelligence, David Cole, Digital TV, Gaming, Market Research, Streaming, Worldwide
Yahoo and Tubi partner to streamline CTV ad buying
Oct 7, 2021 – Yahoo has expanded its partnership with Tubi. Building on their SSP relationship, the expansion offers Yahoo DSP advertisers direct access to Tubi's AVOD content library, making it easier to plan and buy CTV.
News categories: Yahoo, Tubi, Iván Markman, Mark Rotblat, Lisa Herdman, Jacob Lustig, Advertising, Digital TV, Streaming, USA
Nielsen relaunches streaming measurement suite
Oct 7, 2021 – Nielsen (NYSE: NLSN) is bringing its streaming solutions together in a single measurement suite encompassing ad-supported and subscription-based service models across content, ads and platforms.
News categories: Nielsen, Deirdre Thomas, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, Streaming, USA
Tremor Video launches Programmatic TV Marketplace
Oct 7, 2021 – Tremor Video has alaunched its Programmatic TV Marketplace, enabling advertisers to discover, search and select TV-centric inventory for campaign activation and customization on CTV and all-screen video.
News categories: Tremor Video, Karim Rayes, Advertising, Digital TV, Streaming, USA
Redbox streaming app available for PlayStation 5 console
Oct 7, 2021 – Redbox has announced that it has expanded the distribution footprint for its streaming app to the PlayStation 5 console. The Redbox streaming app will also soon be available on the PlayStation 4.
News categories: Redbox, PlayStation, Chris Yates, Apps, Digital TV, Streaming, USA
IBCAP announces $7 million judgment against Universe IPTV
Oct 7, 2021 – IBCAP has announced that the United States District Court for the Southern District of Texas entered a Final Judgment and Permanent Injunction against Universe IPTV and its individual owners.
News categories: IBCAP, Chris Kuelling, Content Protection, Digital TV, Streaming, USA
Extreme Reach gains CTV accreditation from MRC
Oct 5, 2021 – Extreme Reach (ER) has received accreditation for CTV Rendered Video Ad Impressions and related Video Play metrics from the Media Rating Council (MRC), as well as a new accreditation for Mobile App.
News categories: Extreme Reach, Media Rating Council, Tim Conley, George W. Ivie, Olivia Devereux, Advertising, Streaming, USA
Sky introduces Sky Glass streaming TV
Oct 7, 2021 – Sky has announced the launch of its Sky Glass streaming television. Sky Glass will be the only TV with Sky inside. With Sky Glass, subscribers can now get Sky TV over WiFi, with no satellite dish and no box.
News categories: Sky, Dana Strong, Digital TV, Smart TV, Streaming, UK
Synamedia extends OTT piracy protection to the CDN
Oct 7, 2021 – Synamedia has launched Synamedia OTT ServiceGuard, the first solution to protect content across all open platforms - whether mobile, browsers, or smart TVs - and the first to extend service protection to the CDN.
News categories: Synamedia, Nitsan Baider, Janice Pearson, Jennifer Kent, Content Protection, Digital TV, Streaming, Worldwide
- discovery+ now available on LG Smart TVs in the U.S.
- HBO Max to be available at Telia from October 26
- Tata Sky expands quality and availability monitoring with DataMiner
- Slow recovery in European pay TV revenues expected
- Share of smart TVs and UHD TVs in Germany continues to grow
- Vewd enables Smart TV for pay TV operators with Vestel
- LG brings more content to third-party TVs powered by webOS
- 70% of audiences reached via streaming are not reachable via linear
- t4h. Android TV remote control for SKY Brasil
- ATEME joins Google Cloud Partner Advantage Program
- discovery+ to launch in Canada on October 19
- LiveRamp launches enhanced TV platform
- Comscore enables deduplicated ad campaigns on YouTube and YouTube TV
- Four Hartford TV stations launch NEXTGEN TV
- Vestel rolls out Red Bull TV app to Smart TVs across Europe
- Viaccess-Orca powers Vialis hybrid DTT/OTT service
- TalkTalk selects Netgem for launch of 4K TV service
- 39% of U.S. OTT viewers access video services for specific content
- 60% of UK marketers expect to spend more on Advanced TV
- Foxtel confirms syndication of Sky Glass streaming platform