Streaming (Over-the-top, OTT, P2P, PC-TV, Internet TV, online video, IP Video) News
Netflix, Hulu, Disney+ most essential for US streaming subscribers
Mar 14, 2023 – Research from Aluma Insights finds two-thirds of U.S. Netflix buyers view the service as indispensable, with more than half of subscribers considering Hulu and Disney+ to be essential.
News categories: Aluma, Michael Greeson, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming, USA
Roku and Best Buy announce advertising and retail relationship
Mar 10, 2023 – Best Buy (NYSE:BBY) is partnering with Roku (Nasdaq:ROKU) to provide its first-party data for targeting and measurement. Best Buy will also give shoppers exclusive access to Roku-branded TVs.
News categories: Roku, Best Buy, Julian Mintz, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, Smart TV, Streaming, USA
Publica joins Amazon streaming TV ad server certification program
Mar 10, 2023 – Publica will be joining the new, global Amazon Publisher Services (APS) Ad Server Certification Program for streaming TV, allowing simpler APS header bidding integration for publishers.
News categories: Publica, Amazon Publisher Services, Sean Galligan, Advertising, Digital TV, Streaming, Worldwide
SpringServe joins Amazon streaming TV ad server certification program
Mar 10, 2023 – SpringServe (NASDAQ:MGNI) is to join the Amazon Publisher Services (APS) Ad Server Certification Program for streaming TV, simplifying APS header bidding integration.
News categories: SpringServe, Amazon Publisher Services, Joe Hirsch, Advertising, Digital TV, Streaming, Worldwide
EZDRM brings studio-approved DRM to WebRTC
Mar 9, 2023 – EZDRM has announced a WebRTC DRM solution enabling low-latency streaming applications with the same level of content protection as found in typical HTTP ABR delivery systems.
News categories: EZDRM, David Eisenbacher, Alex Davies, Digital TV, DRM, Media Player, Streaming, Worldwide
Viu app comes to Astro's Ultra Box
Mar 10, 2023 – Astro has expanded its streaming service, adding the Viu app to its platform. Astro customers can now access Viu on multi-screens, including on its Ultra Box.
News categories: Astro, Viu, Agnes Rozario, Janice Lee, Apps, Digital TV, Malaysia, Satellite, Set Top Box, Streaming
OS updates coming to Roku devices in the U.S. this spring
Mar 9, 2023 – Roku (NASDAQ: ROKU) has announced platform-wide updates to its OS, with updates to Live TV, content discovery, Sports, the Roku Mobile App, and more rolling out in the U.S. this spring.
News categories: Roku, Preston Smalley, Digital TV, Smart TV, Streaming, TV OS, USA, UX
Zattoo launches its first own FAST channel
Mar 7, 2023 – Zattoo has launched its own FAST channel, Netzkino. Zattoo has taken over programming of the Netzkino channel from Plaion Pictures with Zattoo also taking care of marketing of the advertising slots.
News categories: Zattoo, Plaion Pictures, Constanze Gilles, Oliver Knappmann, Hauk Markus, Austria, Digital TV, Germany, Streaming, Switzerland
Sony enters into live streaming deal with Vidgo
Mar 8, 2023 – Sony and Vidgo are bringing Vidgo's streaming service to Sony smart TVs in the US. Vidgo's lineup of TV networks and on-demand content will be available through the Vidgo app on the Sony TV homepage.
News categories: Vidgo, Sony, Derek Mattsson, Paul Erickson, Apps, Digital TV, Smart TV, Streaming, USA
- NextGen TV launched on local stations in Rochester, NY
- FCC proposes pricing transparency for cable and satellite services
- Tubi announces new planning integrations and partnerships
- Bitmovin and MainStreaming partner to deliver broadcast-quality video streams
- New products and more countries for Amazon-built TV range
- Pay TV subscribers in Eastern Europe to fall to 73 million in 2028
- VIZIO selects Whip Media for WatchFree+ ad revenue reporting
- Qwilt partners with Telefónica to provide CDN services in Spain
- Ateme launches 'audience-aware' streaming solution
- SAPEC to develop encoder for first live 8K DTT broadcast
- Big Media launches The New Frontier channel with VlogBox
- Bedrock expands 6play max availability to more connected devices
- Slower AR/VR headset shipment growth expected for 2023
- Netgem completes sale of Fibre France business to Nordnet
- Integral Ad Science ad verification goes live with Netflix
- DoubleVerify media quality measurement now available to Netflix advertisers
- EU clears acquisition of VOO and Brutélé by Orange, subject to conditions
- Liberty Global Belgium to launch takeover bid for Telenet Group Holding
- Proximus extends partnership with ThinkAnalytics
- Allente launches Google TV device powered by 3SS and SEI Robotics