Italy Digital TV News
Italy consults on voucher scheme for transition to DVB-T2
Jun 6, 2019 – Italy's Ministry of Economic Development (MiSE) has begun a public consultation on its proposal to offer a subsidy to citizens to enable the purchase of equipment suitable for DVB-T2 digital terrestrial TV reception.
News categories: Ministero dello Sviluppo Economico, Digital TV, DVB-T2, Italy, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Terrestrial
Sony report reveals how TV has impacted the living room
May 29, 2019 – Despite changing décor, family behaviour and streamed content taking a leap forward, the humble TV is still the heart of the living room according to a Sony report released in conjunction with a survey of 6,000 European consumers and commentary from industry experts.
News categories: Sony Corp, Takayuki Miyama, Emma Kenny, Belgium, Digital TV, France, Germany, Italy, Market Research, Netherlands, UK
2019 LG AI ThinQ TVs add Amazon Alexa support
May 23, 2019 – LG has begun adding Amazon Alexa support to the company’s 2019 TV models featuring artificial intelligence. The update will be implemented through the Alexa app on 2019 TVs featuring ThinQ AI including LG UHD TVs, NanoCell TVs and OLED TVs.
News categories: LG Electronics, Amazon Alexa, Brian Kwon, Apps, Australia, Austria, Canada, Digital TV, France, Germany, India, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Mexico, New Zealand, Smart Home, Smart TV, Spain, UK, USA
MainStreaming secures $6 million funding
May 15, 2019 – MainStreaming has announced it has secured $6 million in a new round of funding, bringing its total raised to over $10 million. This round was led by Indaco Venture Partners SGR, together with Sony Innovation Fund and existing investor, United Ventures.
News categories: MainStreaming, Indaco, Sony Innovation Fund, Antonio Corrado, Alvise Bonivento, Gen Tsuchikawa, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Italy, OTT, Venture Capital, Worldwide
ZTE, Wind Tre and Open Fiber make 5G video call across the Mediterranean Sea
Feb 25, 2019 – ZTE (0763.HK/000063.SZ) has announced that it has completed a video call on a 5G smartphone in collaboration with Wind Tre and Open Fiber. Based on a 5G pilot network in L'Aquila, the video call was placed using ZTE's end-to-end 5G solution.
News categories: ZTE, Wind Tre, Open Fiber, 5G, Italy, MWC19, Smartphone, Spain
Samsung rolls out Galaxy S10 5G smartphone across Europe
Feb 20, 2019 – Samsung has announced a range of 5G operator partnerships in France, Germany, Italy, Spain, Switzerland and the UK that will see the rollout of Samsung's Galaxy S10 5G, the first true 5G smartphone, across Europe this summer.
News categories: Samsung, DJ Koh, 5G, Digital TV, France, Germany, Italy, Smartphone, Spain, Switzerland, UK
Vodafone first to connect 5G smartphones to its network
Feb 20, 2019 – Vodafone has become the world's first operator to connect 5G smartphones to its live 5G network. Vodafone is preparing to launch 5G in a number of European cities during the second half of 2019.
News categories: Vodafone, Johan Wibergh, 5G, Germany, Italy, MWC19, Smartphone, Spain, UK
FreeWheel and Comcast Technology Solutions power Mediaset Play monetisation
Dec 6, 2018 – Mediaset has announced the launch of Mediaset Play, a live and on demand online streaming service. Mediaset Play is powered by technologies from FreeWheel and Comcast Technology Solutions (CTS), both part of Comcast Cable.
News categories: FreeWheel, Mediaset, Comcast Technology Solutions, Thomas Bremond, Maurizio Galli, Paola Colombo, Advertising, Digital TV, Italy, OTT
Amazon Prime Video available on TIMVISION’s TIM Box decoder
Dec 4, 2018 – TIM and Amazon have reached an agreement to launch Prime Video on TIMVISION’s TIM Box decoder. In addition to TIMVISION programming, the Android TV decoder enables access to Netflix, DAZN, Eurosport and TIMGAMES as well as Google Play Apps.
News categories: Telecom Italia, Prime Video, Daniela Biscarini, Brett Ballbach, Android TV, Digital TV, Italy, OTT, Set Top Box
- Tulix creates streaming platform for launch of Vidgo content
- 605 earns SOC 3 security certification
- Ampersand launches platform for audience-based TV advertising
- Comcast cable video subscribers down 149,000 in 4Q 2019
- 'Swisscom TV X' combines Netflix and TV content
- Netflix releases fourth-quarter 2019 results
- U.S. weekly time watching Netflix and Hulu up 20 minutes in 2019
- Allegro DVT unveils VVC compliance test bitstreams
- Synamedia partners with USSI Global for the U.S. market
- Disney+ brings forward EMEA launch date
- NürnbergMesse acquires SCaT India Tradeshow
- BARB begins reporting reach and time spent viewing across screens
- Synamedia partners with World Wide Technology
- Roku TV launches in Brazil in partnership with AOC
- Realtek, Jiuzhou join NAGRA Android TV Reference Program for Pay TV operators
- ENENSYS DVB-SIS solution ready for deployment
- Syncbak to debut simplified OTT syndication and monetization tools at NATPE 2020
- No growth expected for MENA pay TV revenues
- Indian communication satellite GSAT-30 launched successfully
- NBCUniversal unveils Peacock freemium streaming service