Italy Digital TV News
Comscore adds CTV measurement to video metrics platform in Europe
Jun 6, 2022 – Comscore (NASDAQ: SCOR) has added CTV measurement to its Video Metrix Multi-Platform product, including YouTube traffic sharing measurement, for Spain and the UK. The report will also be included in June for Italy, and for France and Germany in July 2022.
News categories: Comscore, Joris Goossens, Graham Swallow, Advertising, Digital TV, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, Streaming, UK
Lega Nazionale Pallacanestro (LNP) extends contract with ViewLift
Jun 2, 2022 – Lega Nazionale Pallacanestro (LNP) has signed a contract extension with ViewLift to continue and extend the League's subscription service, LNP Pass. ViewLift will accelerate LNP’s digitalization and monetization of LNP Pass as part of the agreement.
News categories: ViewLift, Lega Nazionale Pallacanestro, Rick Allen, Riccardo Quaglia, Big Data, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Italy, Streaming
Tivù launches USB-based CAM supporting 4K TV with SmarDTV
May 10, 2022 – Tivù and SmarDTV Global have partnered to introduce the first USB based CAM module offering to the tivùsat users a full 4K TV viewing experience. Tivù designed and developed the CAM with the help of SmarDTV Global.
News categories: SmarDTV, Tivù, Guillaume REILLON, Alberto SIGISMONDI, CAM, Digital TV, Italy, Satellite
Paramount+ reveals global expansion plans
May 3, 2022 – Paramount+ (NASDAQ: PARA, PARAA) will launch in the UK and Ireland on 22 June 2022. Paramount+ will also launch in South Korea in June, with further launches planned in Italy, Germany, France, Switzerland and Austria in 2H 2022.
News categories: Paramount, Raffaele Annecchino, Maria Kyriacou, Austria, Digital TV, France, Germany, India, Ireland, Italy, Korea, Streaming, Switzerland, UK
Western European OTT revenues to reach $45 billion in 2027
Mar 21, 2022 – According to Digital TV Research, Western European OTT TV revenues will reach $45 billion in 2027, up from $26 billion in 2021. Of the additional revenues, the UK will contribute $4 billion, Germany $3 billion, France $3 billion and Italy $2 billion.
News categories: Digital TV Research, Simon Murray, Digital TV, France, Germany, Italy, Market Research, Spain, Streaming, UK
Vodafone Group TV subscribers down 116,000 in 4Q 2021
Feb 2, 2022 – Vodafone Group has provided a trading update for its third quarter FY21/22. In the quarter to 31st December 2021, the number of TV subscribers decreased by 116,000 to end with a total of 18.333 million.
News categories: Vodafone, Cable TV, Digital TV, Germany, IPTV, Italy, Portugal, Results, Spain, Subscribers
Friend MTS extends content protection deal with Lega Serie A
Jan 26, 2022 – Friend MTS has agreed a content protection extension with Lega Serie A. Friend MTS' monitoring services provide real-time identification of illegal streams of live Lega Serie A content to help detect, deter and disable pirate operations.
News categories: Friend MTS, Lega Serie A, Jonathan Friend, Luisella Fusco, Content Protection, COVID-19, Italy, Worldwide
Broadpeak multicast ABR optimizes live sports OTT delivery for TIM
Jan 11, 2022 – Broadpeak has announced that TIM is optimizing live sports OTT delivery with a multicast ABR (mABR) solution from Broadpeak. Using the solution, TIM is delivering live third-party sports content to subscribers with improved QoE.
News categories: Broadpeak, CVE, TIM, Jacques Le Mancq, Luca Catalano, Crescenzo Micheli, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Italy, Streaming
Vodafone Group TV subscribers down 51,000 in 3Q 2021
Nov 16, 2021 – Vodafone Group has announced its H1 FY22 results. In the quarter to 30 September 2021, the number of TV subscribers decreased by 51,000 to end with a total of 18.449 million. VodafoneZiggo subscribers were down 23,000, finishing at 3.755 million.
News categories: Vodafone Group, Cable TV, Digital TV, Germany, IPTV, Italy, Netherlands, Portugal, Results, Spain, Subscribers
- Integral Ad Science ad verification goes live with Netflix
- DoubleVerify media quality measurement now available to Netflix advertisers
- EU clears acquisition of VOO and Brutélé by Orange, subject to conditions
- Liberty Global Belgium to launch takeover bid for Telenet Group Holding
- Proximus extends partnership with ThinkAnalytics
- Allente launches Google TV device powered by 3SS and SEI Robotics
- Streaming TV now most-watched TV form in the EU5
- StarHub introduces interactive advertising with Hoppr
- Breezeline Stream TV launches in Pennsylvania
- SES-18 and SES-19 C-band satellites for the U.S. successfully launched
- OTT TV revenues in Western Europe to reach $45 billion by 2028
- DVB publishes updated Multicast ABR specification and guidelines
- Channel 4 adds Xandr to its digital ad-buying suite
- Mola boosts ABR streaming quality with Broadpeak
- Mainstream Media launches female-centred FAST channel with Amagi
- Eastern Europe OTT revenues to double by 2028
- Video spend in Sweden up 9% in 2022 versus 2021
- StarGroup renews with Eutelsat for StarTV DTH in Mexico
- ORF selects Bitmovin video streaming player
- QYOU Media India selects SpringServe as primary ad server