Middleware and Operating System (OS) News
Verimatrix VCAS pre-integrated with Broadcom's Android TV platform
Mar 24, 2020 – Verimatrix (Euronext Paris: VMX) has integrated components of its content protection with Broadcom’s Android TV platform to speed time-to-market for video service providers looking to launch Android TV streaming, including 4K/UHD services.
News categories: Verimatrix, Broadcom, Asaf Ashkenazi, Android TV, Content Protection, Digital TV, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Worldwide
RDK now on more than 60 million devices
Mar 19, 2020 – RDK Management has announced that RDK software now powers more than 60 million devices deployed by service providers around the world. RDK is an open source software platform that standardizes core functions used in broadband, video, and IoT connected devices.
News categories: RDK Management, Steve Heeb, Cable TV, Digital TV, Market Research, RDK, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Hisense selects Aria Systems' revenue platform for VIDAA Smart TVs
Mar 10, 2020 – Aria Systems has announced that VIDAA International, a subsidiary of Hisense, has selected the company’s cloud billing and monetization platform to support its streaming content platform available on a majority of Hisense, Toshiba and private-label TV models in over 30 countries.
News categories: Aria Systems, VIDAA, Tom Dibble, Guy Edri, Digital TV, Middleware, Smart TV, Worldwide
DTVKit integrates DVB software with RDK
Mar 4, 2020 – DTVKit has announced that it has integrated its DVB core software components into the open source RDK software platform used by leading video and broadband service providers around the globe.
News categories: DTVKit, RDK, Phil Evans, Steve Heeb, Digital TV, RDK, Set Top Box, Worldwide
WOW! launches WOW! tv+ in Columbus, Ohio
Mar 3, 2020 – WOW! Internet, Cable & Phone (NYSE: WOW) has introduced WOW! tv+ in Columbus, Ohio. The Android TV-based platform delivers on customer expectations with live channel packages, cloud DVR, and access to an on demand library.
News categories: WOW!, Teresa Elder, Android TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Set Top Box, USA
Sierra Nevada Communications selects Innovative Systems' middleware
Feb 27, 2020 – Sierra Nevada Communications is in the process of converting its legacy cable TV systems to video middleware provided by Innovative Systems. The company plans to migrate from its analog platform to provide an improved experience for their customers.
News categories: Innovative Systems, Sierra Nevada Communications, Jacob Lopes, Cable TV, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Middleware, USA
Altibox selects Technicolor set-top box for Android TV services
Feb 26, 2020 – Technicolor (Paris: TCH, OTCQX: TCLRY) has announced that Altibox is to deploy its high-end Android TV JADE set-to box. Technicolor is partnering with 3SS who have been chosen by Altibox to optimize the viewing experience for new Android TV services.
News categories: Technicolor, Altibox, 3SS, Christian Lefebvre, Tor Morten Osmundsen, Pierre Donath, Android TV, Denmark, Digital TV, IPTV, Norway, Set Top Box, UX
Telikom PNG selects UniqCast for OTT/IPTV deployment
Feb 25, 2020 – Telikom PNG has partnered with UniqCast to offer triple play services including TV in Papua New Guinea. UniqCast, with system integrator, Benchmark Broadcast, has provided content and subscriber management, streaming servers and a client application for Android TV STBs.
News categories: UniqCast, Telikom PNG, Benchmark Broadcast, Darko Robič, Xavier Victor, Ramesh Babu, Android TV, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IPTV, Melanesia, Set Top Box, UX
Radix to launch Android TV device management at MWC
Feb 6, 2020 – Radix will exhibit at MWC, showcasing its enterprise device management solutions, and launching its Android TV device management solution and VISO cloud-based device management platform, for telcos and operators.
News categories: Radix, Nadav Avni, Android TV, Big Data, Digital TV, MWC20, Set Top Box, Worldwide
- Gem Shopping Network to use Comscore TV measurement
- ATRESMEDIA and smartclip deepen HbbTV advertising partnership
- Comscore, Kantar extend measurement partnership with Auditel Italy
- Pay TV revenues to plunge to $150 billion
- Cable-Tec Expo unable to go ahead
- Sisvel announces first VP9 and AV1 patent licensees
- Comcast to bring HBO Max to Xfinity customers
- HBO Max launched in the U.S.
- Nordic households spending €149pm on media and access services
- SES unveils results of Philippines TV market reception survey
- Over half of U.S. adults watching more TV since the pandemic
- NEXTGEN TV begins broadcasting in Las Vegas
- Shifts in viewing behavior continue during COVID-19 pandemic
- Dailymotion and Huawei Video announce global video partnership
- SoftAtHome builds RDK-based video product for service providers
- Nordija integrates Yospace ad insertion technology
- iQIYI partners MediaTek for AV1-powered Ultra HD streaming
- Bitė to acquire Telecentras' IPTV business in Lithuania
- World's fastest internet speed from a single optical chip
- Disney+ attracts 2 million Australian viewers in 4 months