Romania Digital TV News
Zenterio OS powers new series of STBs at Telekom Romania
Feb 20, 2018 – Zenterio has announced that Telekom Romania is using Zenterio OS to power a new series of STBs for its TV Interactiv IPTV service. Thanks to Zenterio OS, Telekom Romania end users can now enjoy a seamless user experience and rich feature set on the new STBs.
News categories: Zenterio, Telekom Romania, Jörgen Nilsson, Roxana Baias, Digital TV, IPTV, Middleware, Romania, Set Top Box
Netflix and Deutsche Telekom strike international partnership
Nov 22, 2017 – Netflix and Deutsche Telekom (DT) have announced a partnership enabling all DT subsidiaries to benefit from the company's relationship with Netflix. So far, Telekom customers in Germany, Poland and the Netherlands have benefited from the cooperation.
News categories: Netflix, Deutsche Telekom, Maria Ferreras, Thomas Kicker, Apps, Croatia, Digital TV, Germany, Greece, IPTV, Mobile, Netherlands, OTT, Poland, Romania, Set Top Box
Orange and Netflix ink major international agreement
Sep 14, 2017 – Orange and Netflix have renewed the agreement signed in 2014 for the distribution of Netflix for Orange TV customers in France, and have expanded their partnership to all countries in which the Orange Group is present.
News categories: Netflix, Orange, Reed Hastings, Stéphane Richard, Belgium, Botswana, Burkina Faso, Cameroon, Côte d'Ivoire, Digital TV, DRC, Egypt, Equatorial Guinea, France, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Iraq, Jordan, Liberia, Luxembourg, Madagascar, Mali, Mauritius, Moldova, Morocco, Niger, OTT, Poland, Romania, Senegal, Sierra Leone, Slovakia, Spain, Tunisia
Romania adds 110,000 pay TV subscribers in 2H 2016
May 25, 2017 – At end-2016, there were about 7.3 million subscribers to paid audio-visual programme retransmission services in Romania, up by 3% year-on-year, according to data reported to ANCOM by service providers.
News categories: ANCOM, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Romania, Satellite, Subscribers
UPC DTH extends agreement with Telenor Satellite for 1°W
May 9, 2017 – Telenor Satellite has announced that it has extended its satellite distribution agreement with UPC DTH. Telenor will continue to provide UPC DTH with satellite capacity on its THOR 5, THOR 6 and THOR 7 satellites.
News categories: UPC DTH, Telenor Satellite, Michael Lee, Morten Tengs, Content Distribution, Czech Republic, Hungary, Romania, Satellite, Slovakia
OWNZONES Passport app launches on UPC Romania Horizon STBs
Mar 31, 2017 – OWNZONES Media Network (OMN) and UPC Romania have announced the launch of OWNZONES Passport Romania, a premium application service, available exclusively to subscribers equipped with a Horizon set-top box.
News categories: OWNZONES, UPC Romania, Dan Goman, Bogdan Bucurei, Apps, Cable TV, Digital TV, Romania, Set Top Box
Pay TV penetration in CEE region to be 80% in 2020
Mar 3, 2017 – The number of pay TV subscribers in the Central and Eastern Europe (CEE) region is expected to reach 82.2 million at the end of 2020, with subscribers to IPTV recording the highest growth rate, according to IDC.
News categories: IDC, Dušanka Radoničić, Cable TV, Czech Republic, Digital TV, Europe, IPTV, Market Research, Romania, Subscribers
media press acquires Port Network metadata provider from CEMP
Mar 3, 2017 – media press Group and Central European Media & Publishing (CEMP) have reached a deal under which media press Group has acquired Port Network from CEMP. Port Network is the number one provider of TV, radio and movie metadata in Central-Eastern Europe.
News categories: media press Group, Port Network, Kris Cechnicki, Big Data, Croatia, Hungary, MandA, Romania, Serbia, Slovakia
Romania's ANCOM completes fourth auction of DTT multiplexes
Feb 20, 2017 – Two new local multiplexes, in Iasi and Timisoara, have been awarded in the fourth DTT auction held by ANCOM. M PLUS INVESTMENTS won the Iasi local multiplex, while NOVA MEDIA won a local multiplex for Timisoara.
News categories: ANCOM, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Romania, Terrestrial
- VTR selects Media Distillery recording time correction technology
- Nilesat chooses ATEME video processing for two projects
- Facebook Watch TV app available for Vewd-enabled devices
- Western Europe to have 234 million SVOD subscriptions in 2026
- Kublai GmbH to complete takeover of Tele Columbus
- SITI Networks launches apps and Android TV STB with Nagra
- FreeWheel addressable technology unifies linear TV and digital video advertising
- Crackle app launches on Xfinity X1 and Xfinity Flex
- Research suggests CTV ads more effective than linear
- Mowies optimizes cloud streaming workflow with Harmonic
- Mola TV taps Viaccess-Orca to monetize EPL video streaming
- Streamhub enhances video audience analytics with Kantar data
- Eurofins announces NEXTGEN TV test suite for 2022 receivers
- Roku begins Roku OS 10 roll-out
- Roku Express 4K+ and Roku Voice Remote Pro launched in U.S.
- Fraunhofer and Sinclair working to bring Digital Radio Mondiale to ATSC 3.0
- Vodafone España adopts targeted content promotion from TiVo
- 3SS selected by FreeCast for SelectTV multiscreen UX
- LTN Global launches universal signaling for linear addressable TV advertising
- Worldwide semiconductor revenue grew 10.4% in 2020