Digital TV News: Alticast
Alticast to spin-off media business into new company
Oct 31, 2019 – Alticast plans to establish a new company (tentatively, 'Altimedia Corporation') by spinning-off its media business targeting Korean cable and EMEA/Asia broadcasting companies, excluding media business targeting KT/Skylife and North American broadcasting.
News categories: Alticast, Korea, MnA, Worldwide
Alticast partners with LowaSIS for ATSC 3.0 devices
Oct 22, 2019 – Alticast has announced that it has formed a partnership with LowaSIS aimed at helping broadcast customers seamlessly make the transition to ATSC 3.0. Alticast’s client-side software will be pre-integrated onto LowaSIS's dongles, set-top-boxes and home-gateways.
News categories: Alticast, LowaSIS, Guy Charbonneau, Yongsuk Kim, ATSC, Digital TV, Set Top Box, USA
Alticast and Triveni Digital to demo ATSC 3.0 app synced to a TV show at NAB NYC
Oct 14, 2019 – Alticast and Triveni Digital will showcase how their paired solutions are transforming the NextGen TV user experience by delivering an interactive viewing experience based on the capabilities of ATSC 3.0 during NAB NYC.
News categories: Alticast, Triveni Digital, Jae Park, Mark Simpson, Apps, ATSC, Digital TV, NABShow, USA
t-broad uses Alticast cloud technology to enable UX virtualization
May 7, 2019 – Alticast has announced that t-broad has launched Alticast’s cloud-based, user interface (UI) virtualization solution, Apex - Hybrid as part of their next-generation service. This is the first time that an operating partner of Alticast has launch Apex in its hybrid form.
News categories: Alticast, t-broad, Dosa Park, Sukmin Ahn, Cable TV, Digital TV, HTML5, Korea, Set Top Box
Turk Telekom selects Alticast's AltiPlatform-WEB middleware
Apr 29, 2019 – Alticast has announced that Turk Telekom has selected Alticast's AltiPlatform - Web middleware to serve as their next-generation, interactive viewing platform that will enable OTT services and web-based applications.
News categories: Alticast, Turk Telekom, Brian Koo, Umit Onal, Digital TV, HTML5, Middleware, OTT, Set Top Box, Turkey
KCTV selects Alticast to upgrade TV on Korea's JeJu Island
Feb 21, 2019 – Alticast and KCTV JeJu, a South Korean cable operator servicing JeJu Island, have announced that they are to provide KCTV Jeju’s subscribers with an upgraded user experience and deliver in-room entertainment services to large hotel chains on the island.
News categories: Alticast, KCTV JeJu, Dosa Park, Dongwoo Kang, Android TV, Cable TV, Content Distribution, Content Protection, Digital TV, Korea, Middleware, Set Top Box, UX
Kbro chooses Alticast middleware to power upgrade to Android TV
Dec 18, 2018 – Taiwan's Kbro has selected Alticast’s AltiPlatform as the middleware to integrate its existing service infrastructure with Android TV. The upgrade will combine the operator’s traditional cable services with numerous OTT options.
News categories: Alticast, Kbro, Dosa Park, Chipin Chen, Android TV, Cable TV, Digital TV, Middleware, Set Top Box, Taiwan, UX
Alticast middleware powers STB for SKY in the Philippines
Oct 23, 2018 – Alticast has announced that the Philippines’ largest cable and broadband technology partner, SKY, a subsidiary of ABS-CBN, has selected Alticast products and solutions to deploy their high-end, linux-based SKY On Demand set-top box.
News categories: Alticast, SKY, Dosa Park, Jose Joevel E Rivera, Cable TV, Digital TV, Middleware, OTT, Philippines, Set Top Box
Alticast, S&T and UniSoft show ATSC 3.0 solution at NAB NYC 2018
Oct 9, 2018 – At NAB NYC 2018, Alticast, S&T and UniSoft will demonstrate how the companies’ combined technologies allow broadcasters and content delivery networks to fully leverage the benefits and monetization potential of the ATSC 3.0 Next Gen TV broadcast standard.
News categories: Alticast, S&T, UniSoft, Jae Park, Adrian Fowkes, ATSC, Content Distribution, Digital TV, NABShow, USA, UX
- Comscore finds U.S. VOD transactions peaked in April
- Vewd brings the full broadcast experience to Smart TVs
- Dataxis compares Europe, Latam with U.S. AVOD market
- HEVC Advance royalty rates to remain at current levels
- Alphonso signs ACR distribution deals with Seiki and Skyworth
- THEO Technologies and Synamedia form HESP Alliance
- U.S. consumers spend nearly seven hours per week watching online video
- NEXTGEN TV launches at four TV stations in Salt Lake City
- FCC designates Huawei and ZTE as national security threats
- STARZPLAY available from UPC Switzerland
- Verizon Media launches TV tune-in attribution with Inscape
- Eros Now partners with Dish TV India
- NexGuard watermarking integrated into AWS Elemental MediaConvert
- TRAI reports pay TV numbers for India at end-2019
- Altibox takes Verimatrix security into the Cloud
- Consolidated Communications introduces CCiTV in Texas
- Brat TV chooses Amagi to expand streaming TV footprint
- Churn rate for U.S. OTT services at 41% in Q1 2020
- Origin Broadband launches Origin TV in the UK with Netgem
- Mobile operators to generate 170 million SVOD subscribers