Digital TV News: Amazon
Traditional US pay-TV services face continued decline
Nov 29, 2023 – US cable and satellite pay-TV services are set to face subscription declines in the coming years as their remaining viewers increasingly shift to OTT streaming services, according to GlobalData.
News categories: GlobalData, Tammy Parker, Digital TV, Market Research, TV Services, USA
Growth in global SVOD subscriptions to continue
Nov 27, 2023 – Digital TV Research expects global SVOD subscriptions to increase by 321 million between 2023 and 2029 to reach 1.79 billion. The US will add 30 million, Brazil 23 million and India 27 million.
News categories: Digital TV Research, Simon Murray, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming, Subscribers, Worldwide
Nokia takes legal action against Amazon for patent infringement
Oct 31, 2023 – Nokia has said that it has commenced legal action against Amazon for the unauthorized use of its video-related technologies in Amazon Prime Video and Amazon streaming devices.
News categories: Nokia, Amazon, Digital TV, Europe, India, Patent, USA
Sharp launches world's first OLED 4K UHD Roku TV models
Nov 15, 2023 – Sharp has announced availability of a lineup of Sharp Roku TV OLED 4K UHD with HDR10 and LCD 4K UHD TVs as part of its return to the U.S. television market.
News categories: Sharp, Roku, Jim Sanduski, Peter Weedfald, Digital TV, Smart TV, TV OS, USA
Pixalate releases Q3 2023 CTV SSP market share reports
Nov 6, 2023 – Pixalate has released its Q3 2023 CTV Supply Side Platform (SSP) Market Share Reports for Apple TV, Roku, Samsung TV, and Amazon Fire TV.
News categories: Pixalate, Advertising, Digital TV, Europe, Latin America, Market Research, North America, Streaming
Skyworth Digital to show RDK TV for operators at CES 2024
Oct 18, 2023 – After its launch at IBC 2023, Skyworth Digital is to show its Operator Tier RDK TV at CES 2024. The TV comes with a Lightning Launcher, Amazon Alexa and the AndApps app store from Consult Red.
News categories: Skyworth Digital, Consult Red, CES2024, Digital TV, IBC2023, RDK, Smart TV, TV OS, UX, Worldwide
ViewLift powers KnightTime+ apps for VGK and Scripps Sports
Nov 6, 2023 – ViewLift has announced that early stats for the KnightTime+ OTT apps it built for Stanley Cup Champion Vegas Golden Knights have already exceeded season-long targets in just the opening days of the season.
News categories: ViewLift, Vegas Golden Knights, Rick Allen, Kerry Bubolz, Apps, Digital TV, Streaming, USA
Prime Video maintains top position in U.S. subscription video
Oct 31, 2023 – Parks Associates has released its updated list of the top 10 US subscription streaming video services, based on estimated numbers of subscribers through September 2023.
News categories: Parks Associates, Jennifer Kent, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming, USA
Fragmented media landscape not making life easy for sports fans
Oct 31, 2023 – Global sports fans crave more sports video content but have trouble accessing it due to the fragmented nature of the sports video market, according to an Altman Solon global sports media survey.
News categories: Altman Solon, David Dellea, Matt Del Percio, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Market Research, Worldwide
- YMEDIA launches tokenized AI Smart TV ad network
- Barb awards metadata, interim overnight programme and commercial logs contracts
- FreeWheel and OrkaTV bring FAST channel access to advertisers
- América Móvil increases shareholding in Telekom Austria
- Tele Columbus taps Simply.TV for advanced metadata
- AOMedia offers spatial audio specification under royalty-free license
- TheViewPoint integrates with FreeWheel
- Australia to introduce 'prominence framework' for local broadcast services
- Telecom and pay-TV revenue in Hong Kong to grow at 1.1% CAGR
- Proximus optimises delivery of Pickx with Velocix Analytics
- Traditional US pay-TV services face continued decline
- Edgio adds player-independent video performance reports
- Flat panel display oversupply to continue into 2024
- Japan SVOD service revenue to reach $6 billion in 2027
- Ateme powers NT's sports video contribution in Asia and beyond
- Global TV shipments to fall below 197 million units in 2023
- WSTS revises semiconductor growth projections slightly upward
- Go Addressable becomes industry trade body
- NorDig releases IRD 3.2.1 and Test Plan 3.2.1 specs
- Improved tool helps ensure interoperability of DASH delivery