Digital TV News: Amazon
Breezeline launches cloud-based TV service
Jan 18, 2022 – Breezeline (Cogeco US) has launched Breezeline Stream TV, a cloud-based TV service that integrates live TV, DVR, on-demand and streaming apps for viewing devices inside and outside the home via a single, easy-to-use interface.
News categories: Breezeline, Heather McCallion, Digital TV, IPTV, TV Everywhere, USA
European Audiovisual Observatory publishes report on media ownership in Europe
Jan 18, 2022 – The report provides snapshots of the top AV players and explores concentration, statute, and origin of ownership by revenues, pay TV subscriptions, SVOD subscriptions, number of TV channels, number of on-demand services, TV audiences, number of TV fiction titles produced and number of cinema screens.
News categories: European Audiovisual Observatory, Digital TV, Europe, Market Research
Netflix shows signs of slowing in the U.S.
Jan 16, 2022 – While Netflix remains the undisputed leading streaming platform, with a 21% share of the US subscription video on demand (SVoD) market in 2021, GlobalData notes that the giant is showing signs of slowing.
News categories: GlobalData, Netflix, Francesca Gregory, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming, USA
castLabs DRM protects online content for PBS
Jan 12, 2022 – castLabs has announced a partnership with Public Broadcasting Service (PBS). The broadcaster will use castLabs’ cloud digital rights management (DRM), DRMtoday, solution to protect its online video content.
News categories: castLabs, PBS, Alec Henthorne, Scott Nourse, Digital TV, DRM, Streaming, USA
ZEASN introduces Whale OS Turnkey 2.0 Smart TV solution on Novatek SoCs
Jan 11, 2022 – ZEASN has released Whale OS Turnkey 2.0. Built on ZEASN’s Whale OS, the turnkey Smart TV solution offers a customized UI, the most requested advanced smart TV features, and brings the native app experience to TV viewers.
News categories: ZEASN, Novatek, Raymond Chung, Daniel Ping, Digital TV, Middleware, Smart TV, Worldwide
BMW Theatre Screen brings cinematic experience to the vehicle
Jan 5, 2022 – BMW's My Mode Theatre transforms the rear of the vehicle interior into a private cinema lounge with surround sound and 5G connectivity thanks to the BMW Theatre Screen, a 31-inch ultra-wide display with a resolution of up to 8K.
News categories: BMW, Frank Weber, CES2022, Digital TV, In-Car, Smart TV, Worldwide
LG unveils its latest TV lineup
Jan 4, 2022 – LG Electronics (LG) has unveiled its latest TV lineup, headlined by the company's 2022 OLED televisions. The TVs feature powerful imaging technologies, and an improved webOS offering more smart features and services.
News categories: LG Electronics, CES2022, Digital TV, Gaming, Middleware, Smart Home, Smart TV, USA, UX, Worldwide
8K Association updates Certified 8K TV specification
Dec 23, 2021 – The 8K Association (8KA) has published an updated performance specification for the 8K Association Certified mark program. The updated specification adds new decoding requirements, new image quality metrics and a game mode.
News categories: 8K Association, KG Lee, Pete Sellar, Chris Chinnock, Ben Waggoner, Digital TV, Smart TV, Worldwide
Dataxis reports on fixed satellite communication market
Dec 15, 2021 – According to Dataxis, after years of significant growth, the decline in traditional video activity in the most developed countries is being sustained. Some regions are still appealing for satellite video however, most particularly Africa and MENA, as well as Asia-Pacific.
News categories: Dataxis, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Market Research, Satellite, Worldwide
- MPEG LA offers one-stop license for ATSC 3.0
- discovery+ now available on LG Smart TVs in Canada
- SLING TV comes to VIZIO SmartCast platform
- VideoAI from CTS automates video content metadata generation
- Irdeto brings Server Side Ad Insertion solution to market
- Five million Brits spending full working day on streaming sites
- Breezeline launches cloud-based TV service
- ATSC 3.0 technologies selected for Brazil's TV 3.0 system
- European Audiovisual Observatory publishes report on media ownership in Europe
- MPEG-H selected as audio system for Brazil's TV 3.0 Project
- Altice partners with Ampersand to sell addressable ad inventory
- Cgates goes live with Synamedia video network solutions
- Video Solutions AG launches AVOD channels with Amagi
- Netflix shows signs of slowing in the U.S.
- A-LIVE partners with Minerva to offer fans NFTs of music concert
- Pay TV revenues in the MENA region to decline by $1.5bn
- ViacomCBS migrates from satellite to IP content distribution with CommScope
- VIDAA selects Unruly SSP and ad server to provide inventory access
- NBCUniversal names iSpot.tv as first cross-platform Video Certified Measurement Partner
- GTPL Hathway finishes 2021 with 7.5 million digital CATV subscribers