Digital TV News: Amazon
Vewd acquired by Xperi
Jul 5, 2022 – Xperi (NASDAQ: XPER) has acquired Vewd Software for $109 million. The acquisition establishes Xperi as a leading independent streaming media platform through its TiVo brand and the largest independent provider of Smart TV middleware globally.
News categories: Xperi, Vewd, Jon Kirchner, Aneesh Rajaram, Digital TV, MandA, Middleware, Smart TV, UX, Worldwide
Gibtelecom launches new TV platform with Netgem
Jun 29, 2022 – Gibtelecom has launched its new TV offer based on Netgem's TV platform. With the platform, Gibtelecom benefits from Netgem's latest innovations in navigation (search, replay) and usage standardization between different devices (box and applications).
News categories: Netgem, Gibtelecom, Mathias Hautefort, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Gibraltar, IPTV, Set Top Box
Bhimavaram Community Network chooses Skyworth for 4K RDK IPTV set-tops
Jun 29, 2022 – Skyworth Digital has announced that Bhimavaram Community Network (BCN) has chosen Skyworth Digital as the provider of Asia's first 4K RDK IPTV set-top box for access to BCN's digital entertainment services.
News categories: Skyworth Digital, Bhimavaram Community Network, Conditional Access, Digital TV, India, IPTV, RDK, Set Top Box
U.S. streaming video consumers becoming more price sensitive
Jun 23, 2022 – According to The NPD Group, from October 2021 to April 2022, cost went from the #4 reason for cancelling an SVOD service to #2. According to NPD's latest study, consumers are also increasingly signing up for services based on promotional or discounted offers.
News categories: NPD Group, John Buffone, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming, USA
Irdeto announces results for its 2022 financial year
Jun 23, 2022 – Irdeto has announced results for its 2022 financial year. Irdeto Video Entertainment continued to grow its global footprint, bringing new innovations to the market and supporting the needs of its customers.
News categories: Irdeto, Doug Lowther, Advertising, Android TV, Content Protection, Digital TV, RDK, Results, Set Top Box, Worldwide
UK's BARB releases Establishment Survey data for Q1 2022
Jun 22, 2022 – BARB has released data from its Establishment Survey for Q1 2022. In Q1 2022, the number of UK households with access to an SVOD service reached 19.57 million UK homes (68.5% of households), an increase of almost 500k homes since Q4 2021.
News categories: BARB, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming, UK
FreeWheel introduces linear addressable solution with AMC Networks
Jun 16, 2022 – FreeWheel has teamed up with AMC Networks to introduce a self-service linear addressable solution. The offering will allow programmers to unlock inventory for monetization purposes as well as provide ease of management for multi-screen campaigns.
News categories: FreeWheel, AMC Networks, Mark McKee, Evan Adlman, Advertising, Digital TV, USA
Streaming captures nearly 32% of U.S. TV viewing in May
Jun 16, 2022 – In May, in the U.S., streaming viewership accounted for 31.9% of total television consumption, achieving a record-high share for the third consecutive month according to The Gauge, the monthly total TV viewing snapshot from Nielsen (NYSE: NLSN).
News categories: Nielsen, Digital TV, Market Research, USA
Oregan upcycles Megacable STBs with Netflix and Amazon Prime Video services
Jun 14, 2022 – Oregan Networks has announced that the latest release of Zenterio OS at Megacable enables significant UX performance gains, as well as enabling access to premium content apps such as Netflix and Amazon Prime Video on the STB installed base.
News categories: Oregan Networks, Megacable, Mark Perry, Gerardo Seifert, Apps, Cable TV, Digital TV, Mexico, Set Top Box, UX
- Vewd acquired by Xperi
- FIFA+ to launch on Hisense VIDAA TVs ahead of World Cup
- inext provides Android STB for Kyivstar in Ukraine
- iQIYI implements Unified ID 2.0 identity framework
- 58% of TV subscribers in Portugal are on fibre
- Nielsen Admosphere to implement cross-platform TV audience measurement in the Czech Republic
- ASTA-NET selects CryptoGuard to secure IPTV services in Poland
- Redge Technologies extends contract with TVN Warner Bros. Discovery
- ViX+, TelevisaUnivision’s premium SVOD tier, debuts on July 21
- Eurofins releases updated NEXTGEN TV logo certification test suite
- Xfinity Stream app launches on Apple TV 4K and Apple TV HD
- Tencent Video available in NetRange Smart TV app store
- Gibtelecom launches new TV platform with Netgem
- izzi adds anti-piracy and extended threat defense technologies from Verimatrix
- MEO deploys Velocix CDN and cloud-native VRM platforms
- AminoOS deployed to Vodafone Iceland’s legacy Samsung STBs
- Bhimavaram Community Network chooses Skyworth for 4K RDK IPTV set-tops
- Synaptics selects Allegro DVT VVC compliance streams
- NextGen TV launches in Shreveport, LA
- Sunrise deploys Media Distillery to enhance TV user experience