Digital TV News: Anatel
Brazil pay TV subscribers down in 528k in 2Q 2019
Aug 2, 2019 – According to Anatel, Brazil's pay TV subscriber base ended June 2019 at 16.71 million, down 528 thousand subscribers in the quarter and down 1.23 million versus one year before.
News categories: Anatel, Brazil, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Satellite, Subscribers
Oi Brazil announces Android TV 'Streaming Box'
Jun 4, 2019 – Oi Brazil has announced the launch of a streaming set-top box based on Android TV. The box will be available in July. Built in partnership with Elsys, the device includes the operator's own online video platform, Oi Play, as well as other services.
News categories: Oi, Android TV, Brazil, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Streaming
Silicon Labs debuts next-generation DTV demodulators
Dec 8, 2014 – Silicon Labs (NASDAQ: SLAB) has introduced its next-generation digital TV demodulator family offering expanded support for the latest satellite, terrestrial and cable standards. The new Si218x family includes the world’s first demodulators supporting the recently launched DVB-S2X specification.
News categories: Silicon Labs, James Stansberry, Cable TV, Digital TV, ICs, Satellite, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Terrestrial
NSS-806 satellite at 48°E wins regulatory approval in Brazil
Nov 6, 2014 – SES (Paris;LuxX:SESG) has announced that ANATEL, the Brazilian National Telecommunications Agency, has approved the NSS-806 satellite for use at the 48 degree West orbital position recently awarded at auction to SES.
News categories: SES S.A, Anatel, Jurandir Pitsch, Brazil, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Latin America, Satellite
SES wins exploitation rights for two Brazilian orbital positions
Aug 18, 2014 – SES (Paris; LuxX:SESG) has announced that its subsidiary SES DTH do Brasil has signed with Anatel (Brazil's telecommunications agency) exploitation rights terms for two Brazilian orbital positions (48°W and 64°W).
News categories: SES S.A, Anatel, Brazil, Content Distribution, Satellite
MaxLinear introduces ISDB-T USB dongle reference design
Aug 14, 2014 – MaxLinear (NYSE: MXL) has announced that its MxL683 ISDB-T tuner-demodulator is at the heart of a new, low-cost USB dongle reference design that brings digital broadcast high-definition (HD) TV to consumers throughout Latin America.
News categories: MaxLinear, Brian Sprague, Digital TV, ISDB-T, Latin America, SBTVD, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
Anatel releases rules to minimise LTE interference to TV signals
Jul 14, 2014 – Brazilian telecoms regulator, Anatel, has proposed rules governing the interaction of digital television signals in the 698MHz to 806MHz band and LTE-based mobile services operating in the 700MHz frequency band.
News categories: Anatel, 5G, Brazil, Digital TV, Mobile, Regulation, SBTVD
Brazil adds another 523 thousand DTH subscribers in 1Q 2013
Apr 30, 2013 – According to Brazil's telecoms regulator, Anatel, the country's pay TV subscriber base ended March 2013 at 16.8 million, with more than 3.1 million new subscribers being added over the preceding 12 months - an annual growth rate of 22.9%.
News categories: Anatel, Brazil, Cable TV, Digital TV, Market Research, MMDS, Satellite, Subscribers
Net Serviços ends 2012 with 5.38 million pay TV subscribers, up 13.8% Y-o-Y
Feb 12, 2013 – Net Serviços de Comunicação (BM&FBOVESPA:NETC3,NETC4; Nasdaq:NETC; Latibex:XNET) has announced results for the fourth quarter and year-ended 2012. The Pay TV base ended the year with 5.381 million clients, 13.8% up on 2011.
News categories: Net Serviços, Brazil, Cable TV, Results, Subscribers
- Vewd brings in-vehicle streaming to Renesas R-Car automotive chipsets
- Omdia expects pay TV & online video subscriptions to pass 3 billion in 2027
- SeaChange Advanced Advertising Platform selected by Armstrong and BEAM
- U.S. streaming video consumers becoming more price sensitive
- SES-22 to launch on June 29th
- Euronews added to ZEASN's FAST service for smart TVs
- Orange to integrate DAZN sports in Spain
- BuyDRM to provide streaming security for Samsung TV Plus
- MEASAT-3d and GSAT-24 successfully placed into orbit
- Horizon Media to trial Comscore Local TV measurement data
- TikTok now available on VIZIO Smart TVs
- Irdeto announces results for its 2022 financial year
- Magnite launches programmatic offering in Australia with Samsung Ads
- Comscore adds multi-platform CTV measurement for India
- Frost & Sullivan names Samba TV #1 in TV viewership data capability
- South Korea pay-TV revenues to grow slowly to $6.9bn by end 2026
- UK's BARB releases Establishment Survey data for Q1 2022
- Metaverse Standards Forum launched
- Tremor International makes strategic investment in VIDAA
- By 2024, U.S. traditional pay-TV to have declined to 76.7 million households