Digital TV News: Anatel
Sercomtel plans DTH pay TV for Brazil
Sep 15, 2011 – Sercomtel, a telecommunications operator in the Brazilian state of Paraná, has announced the first result of its competition to find suppliers for its Sercomtel TV national satellite DTH pay TV service.
News categories: Sercomtel, MNLA, Brazil, Conditional Access, Digital TV, Satellite, Set Top Box
Oregan™ releases hybrid media browser combining digital terrestrial and over the top video capabilities
Aug 24, 2011 – Oregan Networks has launched a new hybrid version 4.2 of its software, which delivers Broadcast and Internet Protocol media functionalities in a single software stack. Demonstrations on low cost silicon platforms will be held at IBC 2011.
News categories: Oregan Networks, Conditional Access, DRM, IBCShowcase, ISDB-T, Middleware, OTT, SBTVD, Set Top Box, Terrestrial
Anatel opens up Brazil's cable TV market
Nov 25, 2010 – Brazil's Agência Nacional de Telecomunicações (Anatel) has decided to remove regulatory restrictions that prevent new entrants from emerging in the country's cable TV market.
News categories: Anatel, Brazil, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV
Brazil's ANATEL releases September Pay TV quarterly report
Dec 1, 2008 – ANATEL has released September's quarterly report on the pay TV market in Brazil. The data shows a growth of over 5% versus June 2008 to 6.119 million customers.
News categories: ANATEL, Brazil, Cable TV, Digital TV, Market Research, MMDS, Satellite, Subscribers
Telemar (Oi) 3rd Quarter 2008
Oct 30, 2008 – Tele Norte Leste (Bovespa: TNLP4,TNLP3) and Telemar Norte Leste (Bovespa: TMAR3,TMAR,TMAR6) have announced results for the third quarter of 2008. Oi has acquired licenses to offer DTH pay-TV and plans to share its infrastructure with Telefônica.
News categories: Oi, Brazil, Cable TV, Results, Satellite, Subscribers
Brazil - Anatel authorises Oi satellite TV
Sep 16, 2008 – The Board of Directors of Brazil's Agência Nacional de Telecomunicações (Anatel) has given approval for Oi to undertake the provision of TV by satellite (DTH) across the country.
News categories: Anatel, Oi, Brazil, Digital TV, Regulation, Satellite
Telmex Internacional Second Quarter 2008
Jul 23, 2008 – In the second quarter the consolidated revenues of Telmex Internacional (Mexico:TELINTL; NYSE:TII) totaled 18.544 billion pesos. In Brazil, cable TV provider Net had close to 2.7 million pay TV subscribers and 1.8 million broadband Internet users.
News categories: Telmex, Brazil, Cable TV, Chile, Colombia, Digital TV, IPTV, Peru, Results, Satellite, Subscribers
Embratel to launch DTH in Brazil
Apr 28, 2008 – Embratel has received approval of its application for a Direct to Home (DTH) licence. Embratel plans to offer a national pay TV satellite service from the second half of this year.
News categories: Embratel, Anatel, Brazil, Digital TV, Regulation, Satellite
Telefonica wins Brazil satellite pay-TV license
Mar 7, 2007 – Spain's Telefonica (TEF.MC) has won a license from Brazil's telecommunications regulator Anatel to operate a pay television service in Brazil.
News categories: Telefónica, Brazil, Digital TV, Satellite
- Kaltura to migrate Cellcom TV to the Cloud
- Smart Home device market remains resilient despite pandemic
- Roku OS 9.4 to begin roll out to Roku devices
- Armstrong secures VOD launch with Verimatrix
- Global SVOD revenue to grow to $100 billion
- Amazon announces new Fire TV devices and redesigned UX
- ENENSYS announces ATSC 3.0 head end for hybrid delivery
- 605 signs measurement and analytics deal with Walmart
- AdLedger pilots OTT video ad deployment using blockchain
- VR market to grow despite pandemic blow to location-based segment
- Graham Media renews with Comscore for TV measurement
- 317 million SVOD subscriptions for the U.S. in 2025
- Clearcable adds Minerva Networks IPTV platform to offering
- BARB issues invitation to tender for five contracts
- Amino helps Colsecor add SENSA OTT to legacy set-top boxes
- 3SS provides technology for STINGTV app from Yes
- Discovery acquires assets of adtech start-up AdSparx
- SimulTV picks Limelight Edge services for global video delivery
- U.S. pay TV suffers historic cord-cutting
- SpotX unveils programmatic solutions for linear Addressable TV