Digital TV News: Auton
Auton and Anywave launch ATSC 3.0 broadcast internet test lab in Oregon
Jul 28, 2022 – Auton and Anywave Communications are hosting a market trial of an ATSC 3.0-based Broadcast Internet franchise in Bend, Oregon. The test lab will be integrating new vendors and service providers during the remainder of 2022.
News categories: Auton, Anywave, Bob Foster, Vern Fotheringham, David Neff, ATSC 3, Broadband, USA
DR, TV2 with R&S and Qualcomm show live 5G Broadcast at Tour de France in Copenhagen
Jul 20, 2022 – Rohde & Schwarz has played a leading part in a public demonstration of the latest in mobile content delivery: 5G Broadcast. The presentation was made by Danish broadcasters DR and TV2, with special mobile devices provided by Qualcomm.
News categories: Rohde & Schwarz, Qualcomm, Manfred Reitmeier, Lorenzo Casaccia, 5G, Content Distribution, Denmark, Digital TV, IBC2022
Auton demonstrates ATSC 3.0 data distribution to vehicles
Jun 7, 2022 – Pearl TV, with Auton, has announced field test data that demonstrates how robust the transport layer and software applications of ATSC 3.0 are in non-real time data delivery of streaming video and secure broadband files to vehicles.
News categories: Pearl TV, Auton, Triveni Digital, Anne Schelle, Robert Foster, Ralph Bachofen, ATSC 3, Digital TV, In-Car, Streaming, USA
Verimatrix launches security platform for content, apps and devices
Feb 15, 2022 – Verimatrix (Paris: VMX) has launched its Verimatrix Secure Delivery Platform, a cloud ecosystem that combines cybersecurity and anti-piracy services, for media companies, content owners, streaming media providers and broadcast operators.
News categories: Verimatrix, Asaf Ashkenazi, Apps, Content Protection, Digital TV, DRM, Worldwide
3SS shows Android-based automotive entertainment UX at CES
Jan 7, 2022 – 3 Screen Solutions (3SS) has announced that its 3Ready Product Framework is now integrated as part of a modular automotive demo platform, a simulator which serves to give a taste of the future of the in-car entertainment experience.
News categories: 3SS, SUPER RTL, Bosch, AirConsole, Tomasz Dzikowski, Robert Dube, CES2023, Digital TV, In-Car, UX, Worldwide
3SS and Cinemo enable in-car entertainment experiences
Dec 20, 2021 – 3SS and Cinemo have announced a technology collaboration to bring entertainment to cars. Their combined solution brings super-aggregation to the car, with passengers able to access a rich array of pre-integrated third-party content and apps.
News categories: 3SS, Cinemo, Tomasz Dzikowski, Pierre Donath, Robert Dube, CES2023, Digital TV, In-Car, Middleware, Streaming, Worldwide
Verimatrix launches cybersecurity solution against video piracy
Nov 29, 2021 – Verimatrix (Paris:VMX) has launched its Verimatrix Streamkeeper solution. Streamkeeper empowers customers to hunt down and take out OTT pirates who steal content such as live sports and premium movie as they are distributed from the source to the endpoint.
News categories: Verimatrix, Asaf Ashkenazi, Content Distribution, Content Protection, Digital TV, Worldwide
Telefónica securely signs Proteus STB software images with Fastcom
Sep 14, 2021 – Fastcom has announced that Telefónica is using its MCAS solution to securely sign software images for installation on its Proteus set-top-boxes. MCAS is a managed service, available 24/7, from Fastcom.
News categories: Fastcom, Telefónica, Dr. Fabrice Moscheni, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Software, Spain
BitPath, CAST.ERA and ONE Media demo 'Enhanced GPS' with ATSC 3.0
Jun 2, 2021 – BitPath, CAST.ERA and ONE Media have demonstrated new use cases for the ATSC 3.0 standard showing its ability to significantly enhance the accuracy of GPS - a potential new tool for autonomous vehicle navigation.
News categories: BitPath, ONE Media, SK Telecom, John Hane, Mark Aitken, Yoon Kim, Kevin Gage, ATSC 3, In-Car, USA
- Amagi to power VIDAA's global FAST service expansion
- SEI Robotics and 3SS power Tele2 Tv Hub Mini dongle
- Global installed base of smart home devices exceeds 2bn in 2022
- HBO Max to be available to KPN's broadband, TV and mobile customers
- Major U.S. pay TV providers lost ~1,925,000 subscribers in 2Q 2022
- Pay TV revenues in Australia to continue to decline
- Samba TV enters Spanish market via partnership with Smartclip
- Ad-supported Disney+ tier to launch in the U.S. on December 8th
- Foxxum launches RDK-based OS for Connected TVs
- Gracenote enables optimized program metadata distribution
- VIZIO Account simplifies subscriptions for its Smart TV customers
- Discovery+ launching on Sling TV and Dish TV
- FAST Channels TV provides linear channels for Digital TV Cyprus OTT platform
- Video streaming services lost further playtime per user in H1 2022
- BARB releases Establishment Survey data for the UK for Q2 2022
- Simulmedia and TiVo renew data-licensing partnership
- Paramount+ joins Roku Channel’s Premium Subscriptions lineup
- Altice USA residential video RGUs down 85,000 in 2Q 2022
- DISH Network pay TV subscribers down 257,000 in 2Q 2022
- Over six million Android TV OS deployments for iWedia