Digital TV News: CANAL+
CANAL+ Poland selects ADB UHD satellite solution
Sep 12, 2019 – ADB has announced that CANAL+ Platform has selected its UHD satellite solution to provide subscribers with advanced TV services in 4K. The solution provides features like multiple recordings, fast channel change and access to multi VOD libraries.
News categories: Advanced Digital Broadcast, CANAL+ Platform, Jacek Galik, Jarosław Kordalewski, Digital TV, IBC2019, Poland, Satellite, Set Top Box
Synaptics to show Smart Edge AI media streamer solutions at IBC 2019
Sep 9, 2019 – Synaptics (NASDAQ: SYNA) has announced that at IBC 2019 it will show edge computing demonstrations featuring its Smart Edge AI AudioSmart and VideoSmart SoCs with machine learning AI capabilities that target a new generation of emerging smart home devices.
News categories: Synaptics, Saleel Awsare, Digital TV, IBC2019, ICs, Set Top Box, Smart Home, Worldwide
Altice France unveils SFR Box 8
Jul 18, 2019 – SFR has unveiled its SFR Box 8. The 4K HDR box integrates voice assistance, a personalised user experience and WiFi 6 support. Altice will market the box first in France, with availability from August 20, 2019.
News categories: SFR, Altice, Grégory Rabuel, Apps, Digital TV, France, IPTV, Set Top Box, Smart Home, UX
CANAL+ Group to acquire M7
May 27, 2019 – CANAL+ Group has announces the acquisition of M7, owned by Astorg. M7 is an aggregator and distributor of local and international channels via satellite and OTT platforms with a presence in the Netherlands, Belgium, Austria, Czech Republic, Slovakia, Hungary and Romania.
News categories: CANAL+ Group, M7 Group, Maxime Saada, Jacques du Puy, Austria, Belgium, Czech Republic, Digital TV, Hungary, MnA, Netherlands, OTT, Romania, Satellite, Slovakia
Studio Canal deploys NAGRA's NexGuard watermarking
May 7, 2019 – Studio Canal has deployed NexGuard forensic watermarking from NAGRA (SIX:KUD.S) to protect the international distribution of its content. NexGuard allows Studio Canal to embed a watermark in each pre-release asset.
News categories: NAGRA, Studio Canal, Jean-Philippe Plantevin, Jean-Pierre Boiget, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Watermarking, Worldwide
CANAL+ chooses Cisco for new content delivery network
Apr 9, 2019 – Cisco has announced that CANAL+ has chosen to base its new CDN on the Cisco NCS 5516 Series platform, using Cisco IOS XR software. As the highest traffic peak recorded by CANAL+ last year was 500Gb/s, the new CDN has been designed to deliver 1Tb/s+ on day one.
News categories: Cisco Systems, CANAL+, Sumeet Arora, Benoît Chemin, Content Distribution, France
Apple debuts new Apple TV app and Apple TV channels
Mar 25, 2019 – Apple has announced Apple TV+, Apple’s original video subscription service. Additionally, Apple debuted the all-new Apple TV app and Apple TV channels coming in May 2019. The all-new Apple TV app brings together the different ways to discover and watch shows, movies, sports, news and more in one app.
News categories: Apple, Eddy Cue, Apps, Digital TV, OTT, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Smartphone, Tablet, USA, Worldwide
CANAL+ Myanmar deploys NAGRA’s Conax GO Live multiscreen OTT solution
Mar 14, 2019 – NAGRA (SIX:KUD.S) has announced the launch of its Conax GO Live multiscreen OTT solution at Canal+ Myanmar. The new service enables subscribers to watch linear pay-TV channels on iOS or Android devices, with support for Apple AirPlay and Google Cast.
News categories: NAGRA, Canal+ International, Stéphane Le Dréau, Maxime Woimant, Apps, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Myanmar, OTT
Quadrille And Anevia Partner To Jointly Offer OTT Over Satellite
Mar 11, 2019 – Quadrille and Anevia have strengthened their partnership to offer OTT over satellite. The joint solution will enable content providers and operators to offer live-TV in situations where it was previously unavailable due to limited bandwidth.
News categories: Quadrille, Anevia, Xavier Batta, Ivonne Prugnaud, CABSAT, Content Distribution, Digital TV, OTT, Satellite, Worldwide
- Rakuten Viki selects BuyDRM's KeyOS MultiKey Service
- Dish TV India adds 42,000 subscribers in 3Q 2019
- Wurl powers the delivery of Hollywire to Samsung TV Plus
- U.S. traditional video subscribers down nearly 1.9 million in 3Q 2019
- Swisscom Box integrates voice assistant for TV and smart home control
- INNOPIA, Amlogic and Verimatrix offer Netflix-integrated Hailstorm Hybrid platform
- EU cable revenue hits all-time high of €24 billion in 2018
- Major U.S. pay-TV providers lost 1.74 million subscribers in 3Q 2019
- Disney+ passes 10 million sign-ups since launching
- Orange launches Djingo voice assistant
- Netflix and Nickelodeon form multi-year output deal
- Fincons to present Smart Digital Platform compatible with both HbbTV and ATSC 3.0
- Telefónica announces Movistar Living Apps for its STBs
- Sunrise terminates plan to buy UPC Switzerland
- Astro Malaysia releases Astro Ultra Box
- DVB approves DVB-I specification
- Partner Communications selects Broadpeak for server-side ad insertion
- Irdeto and Amlogic launch Netflix-integrated Hailstorm Hybrid STB platform
- INNOPIA becomes Netflix Hailstorm Hybrid partner with Synaptics and NAGRA
- Synaptics VideoSmart SoC approved for Widevine CAS on Android TV