Digital TV News: Canal+
Gracenote supports Télé-Loisirs with SVOD information and imagery
Sep 5, 2023 – Gracenote is helping Prisma Media transform its Télé-Loisirs offerings into go-to resources for what to watch in France by providing information and imagery for the major SVOD catalogs.
News categories: Gracenote, Prisma Media, Vikram Kulkarni, Julian Marco, Big Data, Digital TV, France, IBC2023
PCCW and CANAL+ partner to accelerate growth of Viu
Jun 21, 2023 – PCCW [SEHK:0008] and CANAL+ have announced a deal under which CANAL+ will become a 26.1% minority shareholder in Viu, with an option for further investment to bring its holding to 51%.
News categories: PCCW, CANAL+ Group, Viu, Susanna Hui, Maxime Saada, Jacques du Puy, Janice Lee, Asia, Digital TV, MandA, Middle-East, South Africa, Streaming
Paramount+ added 9.9 million subscribers in Q4 2022
Feb 16, 2023 – Paramount Global (NASDAQ: PARA; PARAA) has announced results for the period ended December 31, 2022. Paramount+ subscribers grew to nearly 56 million following a record quarterly increase of 9.9 million.
News categories: Paramount, Digital TV, Results, Streaming, Subscribers, Worldwide
THEMA chooses OKAST to launch ‘My Bouquet Africain’ in Europe
Nov 7, 2022 – THEMA has tapped OKAST for the distribution of its African content offering, under the name 'My Bouquet Africain'. My Bouquet Africain is targeted at the French-speaking sub-Saharian African audience in Europe.
News categories: OKAST, THEMA, Cédric Monnier, Timothée Vidal, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Europe, Streaming
Paramount+ adds more European countries
Oct 18, 2022 – Paramount+ will arrive in France on December 1, followed by Germany, Austria and Switzerland on December 8. Paramount+ will also launch on Sky platforms in Germany, Austria and Switzerland.
News categories: Paramount, Marco Nobili, Austria, Digital TV, France, Germany, Switzerland
EarthxTV selects M7 as European launch partner
Oct 17, 2022 – M7 Group has announced that it has concluded a long-term HD satellite and OTT distribution agreement with Dallas-based EarthxTV, a global TV network promoting the environment and sustainability.
News categories: M7 Group, EarthxTV, Bill Wijdeveld, Rajan Singh, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Europe, Satellite, Streaming
Canal+ migrates EasyTV delivery to Ku-band with Enensys
Oct 6, 2022 – ENENSYS has announced that it has delivered an upgrade of CANAL+ International's EasyTV service in Africa, migrating the existing DVB-T2 network from DVB-T2/T2MI over C-band delivery to DVB-SIS over Ku-band.
News categories: Enensys, CANAL+ International, Aucom, Didier Farcy, Cedric Vialle, Villiers Joubert, Africa, Content Distribution, Digital TV, DVB-T2, Satellite
SoftAtHome powers hybrid satellite set-top box for Orange in Africa
Sep 8, 2022 – SoftAtHome has equipped a hybrid OTT/satellite STB targeting several African countries. The box integrates Canal+ International and several additional services including Orange VOD, Canal+ Replay, YouTube, TV5Monde+ and local TV channels.
News categories: SoftAtHome, David Viret Lange, Côte d'Ivoire, Digital TV, DRC, IBC2023, Mali, Middleware, Satellite, Senegal, Set Top Box
Play Group acquires 92.5% of Redge Technologies
Jul 7, 2022 – The Play Group (part of iliad) has acquired 92.5% of Redge Technologies. The residual 7.5% remains with Przemysław Frasunek, CEO and Co-Founder of the company. In 2021, Redge Technologies had revenues in excess of €7.5 million.
News categories: Redge Technologies, Play Group, Przemysław Frasunek, Tomasz Potapczuk, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Europe, MandA, Poland, Streaming
- Intigral partners with DIAGNAL to enhance entertainment experiences
- Du chooses DataMiner monitoring for broadcast and teleport operations
- TSTT switches to Zappware's multi-screen client framework
- Allegro DVT launches video encoder IP for 4K/8K video
- AVOD revenues to hit $69 billion in 2029
- ZTE unveils updated Cloud PVP solution at IBC 2023
- Accedo brings AI-powered sports highlights to Accedo Launcher
- 76% of Nordic households now have an internet connected TV set
- TVMonaco chooses OKAST streaming platform
- DAZN Edge platform expands coverage in Europe with MainStreaming
- LG presents vision to become media and entertainment platform company
- UK PSBs developing broadband-delivered free TV service
- ZTE and Netgem collaborate on cloud gaming for Android TV
- Rokid shows portable Android TV device for AR glasses at IBC
- NPAW introduces Nokia-developed video probe at IBC 2023
- Eutelsat and ENENSYS show live DVB-NIP over 5G at IBC
- Pixalate introduces Apple TV CTV trends report
- Hybrid AVOD-SVOD revenues to triple to $20 billion by 2029
- Tata Elxsi and INVIDI partner on addressable advertising for Pay-TV operators
- Sercomm unveils RDK Video Accelerator STB based on Broadcom BCM72126