Digital TV News: Channel 4
Channel 4 to see if lower frequency of ads more effective
Mar 29, 2023 – In the UK, advertisers on Channel 4's streaming service are to take part in an experiment to see if fewer adverts from a single brand, can deliver more effective and impactful campaigns.
News categories: Channel 4, Jonathan Lewis, Richard Warren, Advertising, Digital TV, Streaming, UK
Channel 4 adds Xandr to its digital ad-buying suite
Mar 16, 2023 – Channel 4 will be the first UK broadcaster to offer brands the option of using the automated ad buying platform Xandr having added it to its suite of demand side platforms.
News categories: Channel 4, Xandr, Fatima Dowlet, Adam Lynch, Melinda Clow, Advertising, Digital TV, UK
Freeview channels move into the cloud with BT
Mar 9, 2023 – The contract between BT and D3&4 has seen BT switch on cloud processing for regionalised TV across all of D3&4's Freeview channels – ready for distribution to regions across the UK.
News categories: BT, Faisal Mahomed, Greg Bensberg, Content Distribution, Digital TV, UK
NEXTGEN TV broadcasting begins in Boston
Jan 31, 2023 – Six television stations in Boston have launched NEXTGEN TV. The stations are: WUNI (Univision; channel 27); WCVB (ABC; channel 5); WFXT (FOX; channel 25); GBH (PBS; channel 2); WBZ (CBS; channel 4) and WBTS (NBC; channel 10).
News categories: Pearl TV, Anne Schelle, Theodore Stoner, ATSC 3, Content Distribution, Digital TV, USA
Miami TV stations launch NEXTGEN TV broadcasts
Jan 5, 2023 – Miami TV viewers can now experience the future of broadcasting as four stations join together to launch NEXTGEN TV. Viewers have available four OTA channels: WTVJ, WSCV, WFOR and WLTV. WPBT will participate as a test service.
News categories: Pearl TV, Anne Schelle, ATSC 3, Content Distribution, Digital TV, USA
Six New Orleans television stations launch NEXTGEN TV
Dec 15, 2022 – New Orleans viewers can now find six channels OTA with NEXTGEN TV: WUPL (MyNetwork; channel 54), WWL (CBS, channel 4), WVUE (FOX, channel 8), WDSU (NBC, channel 6), WGNO (ABC, channel 26) and WNOL (CW, channel 38).
News categories: Pearl TV, Anne Schelle, Digital TV
4Sales partners with ViewersLogic on TV attribution for Channel 4
Oct 4, 2022 – Channel 4 has announced a partnership with 4Sales and ViewersLogic to develop a platform which unlocks accurate results by measuring a consumer's journey to purchase, rather than just the media they consume.
News categories: Channel 4, ViewersLogic, Ewan Douglas, Hassan Khan, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, UK
Channel 4 selects mParticle to power customer data infrastructure
Apr 4, 2022 – mParticle has announced that it has been selected by Channel 4 of the UK to provide customer data infrastructure to support the company in making data-led decisions as part of its Future4 strategy.
News categories: mParticle, Channel 4, Karen Gallantry, Big Data, Digital TV, UK
ITV to introduce ITVX streaming service later this year
Mar 3, 2022 – ITV has announced the launch of ITVX - the UK’s first integrated AVOD/SVOD platform. In a change to its traditional approach, ITV will adopt a digital first windowing strategy - premiering content on ITVX and then later on ITV linear channels.
News categories: ITV, Carolyn McCall, Kevin Lygo, Rufus Radcliffe, Digital TV, Streaming, UK
- Tenstorrent to build AI and RISC-V chiplets with LG for Smart TVs
- DISH brings its linear TV to the digital ad marketplace
- health tv launches first FAST channel with Amagi
- Number of UK SVOD homes falls in 1Q 2023
- inext signs Moldova distribution contract with DIGIMAX
- EL PAIS begins live broadcasts on its FAST channel with The Channel Store
- SoftAtHome implements Alexa voice control software for etisalat by e&
- Arabsat Badr-8 satellite successfully launched
- Streaming TV growth in Latin America driven by ad-supported viewing
- STARZ domestic OTT subscribers up 700,000 in 1Q 2023
- New DIRECTV STREAM customers get priority access to Telly waiting list
- Insys Video Technologies simplifies video streaming with Bitmovin
- BeIN Media and Google Cloud announce media and broadcast collaboration
- Activated STBs grow to 3,166,461 for South Africa's Openview
- Singtel TV subscribers down 6,000 in 1Q 2023
- Orby Elevate selects EUTELSAT for DTH TV distribution in the US
- U.S. SVOD revenues to grow at a 6.3% CAGR over 2022-2027
- Netgem releases trading update
- IPTV to partially offset revenue losses in cable and DTH in Korea
- Player.pl available on Xbox consoles, powered by Redge Media