Digital TV News: Conax
Conax content protection supports Cignal TV’s growth in the Philippines
Sep 13, 2018 – NAGRA (SIX:KUD.S) has announced that Cignal TV in the Philippines has reached two million subscribers. Cignal TV delivers multiple format TV and hybrid services to a range of set-top-boxes with security based on Conax' cardless solution.
News categories: Conax, Cignal TV, Stéphane Le Dréau, Jane Basas, Content Protection, Digital TV, IBC2019, Philippines, Satellite
NAGRA offers end-to-end content value protection ecosystem for Android TV
Sep 13, 2018 – NAGRA (SIX:KUD.S) has announced support for Android TV with an end-to-end content value protection ecosystem. NAGRA has expanded support for Android TV via an ecosystem driven from cloud.SSP, its cloud-enabled Security Services Platform.
News categories: NAGRA, Maurice Van Riek, Android TV, Content Protection, Digital TV, IBC2019, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Kudelski's SmarDTV device business becomes Neotion affiliate
Aug 14, 2018 – The Kudelski Group (SIX: KUD.S) and Neotion have announced that they have reached an agreement whereby SmarDTV’s Conditional Access Module (CAM) and Set-Top Box businesses are transferred to SmarDTV Global, a newly set up entity affiliated with Neotion.
News categories: Neotion, Kudelski, SmarDTV, Lionel Boissier, André Kudelski, CAM, Digital TV, MnA, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Conax delivers Montecable OTT service in Uruguay
Mar 29, 2018 – Conax (SIX:KUD:S) has announced the deployment of its Conax GO Live secure OTT multiscreen solution at Montecable in Uruguay. Conax enables the Montecable MC GO Live service by pre-integrating partner technology with Conax Contego security to create an end-to-end OTT solution.
News categories: Conax, Montecable, Pierre Roy, Fabiana Orlotti, Content Protection, Digital TV, NABShow, TV Everywhere, Uruguay
Conax secures Canal Digital 4K Android TV service
Mar 12, 2018 – Conax (SIX:KUD:S) has announced a collaboration with Nordic DTH operator Canal Digital to secure their new Android TV-based entertainment service, 'OnePlace'. OnePlace is now available to Canal Digital’s DTH customers across their Nordic footprint.
News categories: Conax, Canal Digital, Morten Solbakken, Henke Erichsen, Android TV, Denmark, Digital TV, Finland, Norway, Satellite, Set Top Box, Sweden
Conax secures CableVideo and Colsecor in Argentina
Sep 19, 2017 – Conax (SIX:KUD:S) has announced two new wins in Argentina. Regional pay-TV operators CableVideo and Colsecor have all selected technology and services from Conax and regional partner, BOLD MSS, to drive expansion in Pay TV and multi-DRM content offerings.
News categories: Conax, BOLD MSS, Colsecor, CableVideo, Jose Alcacer-Mackinlay, Ricardo Lima, Argentina, Content Protection, Digital TV
CubiTV pre-integrated with Conax Arena multiscreen hub
Sep 18, 2017 – TiVo (NASDAQ: TIVO) has announced that Conax has pre-integrated TiVo’s Cubi Solutions with its Conax Arena flexible multiscreen hub. TiVo’s Cubi Solutions will be available to Conax Arena customers at launch.
News categories: TiVo Corp, Conax, Jakub Gorski, Tom Jahr, Digital TV, IBC2019, Middleware, Mobile, Worldwide
NAGRA claims top spot in Conditional Access market
Sep 13, 2017 – 2016 was a pivotal year for the content security industry. While global Conditional Access (CA) spend fell imperceptibly – from $1.97 billion to $1.92 billion – the market’s most volatile change took the form of competitive re-alignment, according to IHS Markit.
News categories: IHS Markit, Merrick Kingston, Conditional Access, Content Protection, Digital TV, Market Research, Worldwide
JOYNE deploys pay TV operations in the cloud with Conax, Eutelsat and SmarDTV
Sep 13, 2017 – Conax (SIX:KUD:S) and SmarDTV have announced a collaboration with JOYNE. JOYNE has selected Conax ‘Contego-as-a-Service’ cloud-based content protection security hub and Conax Cardless CAM developed by SmarDTV with pre-integrated security client Conax Core Access for its content security needs.
News categories: Conax, JOYNE, SmarDTV, Eutelsat, Tom Jahr, Hans Brunas, CAM, Content Protection, Digital TV, Netherlands, Satellite
- Roku OS 9.2 to begin rollout
- Roku announces new streaming player line-up for UK
- Eros Now to develop online video platform with Microsoft
- FourthWall Media introduces Reveal 5 TV analytics and optimization platform
- Hearst Television moves to impressions-based selling of Local TV ad inventory
- Roku releases U.S. cord-cutting study
- Facebook introduces Portal TV set-top box
- CTA launches 8K Ultra HD logo program
- SVOD subscriptions soar by 38% in 2018
- Subscriptions now account for nearly 86% of US internet TV and movie spending
- NBCUniversal streaming service to be called 'Peacock'
- Vizio adds additional Alexa capabilities to SmartCast TVs
- LIWEST latest Austrian operator to deploy IPTV with Verimatrix and Ocilion
- Channel 4 to use Sky's AdSmart technology
- TV penetration in Sub-Saharan Africa still low
- Amazon Prime Video to be made available on Altice One
- NEOTION renews partnership with Irdeto
- Online video viewing to reach 100 minutes a day in 2021
- Irdeto secures Airtel Xstream 4K set-top box
- Netgem and Sharp release smart soundbar for telcos