Digital TV News: Conexant
Synaptics acquires Conexant and Marvell's Multimedia Solutions business
Jun 12, 2017 – Synaptics (NASDAQ: SYNA) has announced that it has signed agreements to acquire Conexant Systems and the Multimedia Solutions Business of Marvell (NASDAQ: MRVL), to jumpstart its presence in the smart home market.
News categories: Synaptics, Conexant, Marvell, Rick Bergman, Jan Johannessen, Gaurav Shah, Digital TV, MandA, Semiconductor, Smart Home, Worldwide
KT chooses Conexant Voice Processor for Virtual Assistant Media Hub
Feb 21, 2017 – Conexant Systems has announced that KT is utilizing its AudioSmart CX20921 Far-Field Voice Input Processor to help the new GiGA Genie voice-controlled virtual assistant media hub to hear users' requests accurately.
News categories: Conexant, KT Corp, Saleel Awsare, Gyutae Baek, IPTV, Korea, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
Conexant brings voice control to LG Uplus STBs
Nov 4, 2014 – Conexant Systems has announced that its far-field voice input processor system-on-chip has been adopted by LG Uplus for its new line of set-top boxes. The CX2092x gives users the ability to use their voices to control their STB from across the living room.
News categories: Conexant, LG Uplus, Saleel Awsare, Geon-Yeong Lee, Digital TV, IPTV, Korea, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
Trident Microsystems Ships 100 Millionth Set-Top Box Chipset Powered by ARM Technology
Jan 6, 2011 – Trident Microsystems (NASDAQ: TRID) and ARM (LSE: ARM; Nasdaq: ARMH) have announced the shipment of the 100 Millionth set-top box (STB) chipset to OEM customers for use in satellite, cable, and IPTV applications.
News categories: Trident Micro, ARM, CES2021, Market Research, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Silicon IP
MPEG IC Shipments on Track to Reach 2 Billion units
Feb 1, 2010 – As consumers access digital video on more devices, applications for MPEG digital video compression technology are expanding, particularly in portable devices, reports In-Stat. As a result, shipments of MPEG ICs will reach 2 billion units by 2013.
News categories: In-Stat, Digital TV, DVD, Market Research, Mobile, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Silicon IP, Smart TV
Global and China Digital STB (Set-top Box) Market Report, 2009
Jan 12, 2010 – In 2009, the overall conversion to digital TV was completed in 177 cities across China, and cable TV subscribers reached 19.9 million. In the cable set-top box (STB) chip market, STMicroelectronics enjoyed the biggest market share.
News categories: ResearchInChina, Cable TV, China, Digital TV, DTMB, DVR, Market Research, Satellite, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Subscribers, Terrestrial
NXP Semiconductors Announces Fourth Quarter 2008 Results
Mar 3, 2009 – NXP has announced fourth quarter sales of $979 million, a decrease of 21.9% over the third quarter of 2008 and a decrease of 25.6% over fourth quarter 2007, reflecting difficult and deteriorating market conditions towards the end of 2008.
News categories: NXP, Results, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart TV
ATIS Announces Launch of New Home Networking Forum Driven by Assessment & Work Plan
Jan 15, 2009 – The Alliance for Telecommunications Industry Solutions (ATIS) has announced the December 2008 creation of the ATIS Home Networking (HNET) Forum - a single, centralized body responsible for comprehensively addressing home networking standards.
News categories: Alliance for Telecommunications Industry Solutions, IPTV, Smart Home
Xceive and Conexant Deliver PCTV Reference Designs For Worldwide Markets
Nov 3, 2008 – Conexant (NASDAQ: CNXT) and Xceive have announced the availability of four jointly developed "PCTV" reference designs for worldwide markets featuring Conexant's broadcast audio/video (A/V) decoders and Xceive's silicon tuner.
News categories: Xceive, Conexant, ATSC 3, Cable TV, Peripherals / Accessories, Semiconductor, Terrestrial
- WOWOW licenses AI powered transcoder from Ittiam
- Latin America to add 63 million SVOD subscriptions
- VisualOn launches WatchParty co-watching solution
- Wagoneer and Grand Wagoneer first vehicles with Fire TV for Auto
- Amagi CLOUDPORTXpress enables linear OTT channel creation
- U.S. pay TV providers lost over 5 million subscribers in 2020
- OTT NOW! from Stoneroos powers SportsTribal
- OTT video streaming in APAC now reaches 392 million people
- Megacable launches OTT service powered by Viaccess-Orca
- No growth expected for Latin America pay TV
- More than 150 million smart speakers sold in 2020
- LG and Sony led OLED TV gains in advanced TV market in Q4
- 63% of TV viewers in the EU5 watch ad-supported streaming
- Slow growth for OTT pay TV in Latin America
- ATEME and NPAW offer free QoE analytics to their customers
- Australia pay TV market to decline at 2.6% CAGR over next five years
- MediaTek releases 4K Smart TV IC with integrated AI processing unit
- SpotX to monetize OTT inventory for Crackle Plus
- Kaltura files for Initial Public Offering
- ANGA COM 2021 switches to online