Digital TV News: Discovery
Runn TV launches FAST-based streaming platform from India
Nov 5, 2023 – Runn Media Labs has launched Runn TV, the first Indian FAST-based content streaming platform designed to provide a TV viewing experience for Indian audiences.
News categories: Runn Media Labs, Manish Sinha, Digital TV, India, Streaming
SeaChange powers Univer Video's relaunched OTT service
Nov 14, 2023 – SeaChange (OTCPK: SEAC) and Univer Video have announced the relaunch of Univer's global streaming service with SeaChange's streaming enablement platform, StreamVid.
News categories: SeaChange, Univer Video, Justin Murphy, Paulo Cezar Mendes, Brazil, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Streaming, Worldwide
OSN+ integrates Google Cloud Vertex AI Search for Media Recommendations
Nov 13, 2023 – OSN+ has integrated Google Cloud's Vertex AI Search for Media Recommendations enabling its subscribers to interact with their own virtual assistant to provide personalized recommendations.
News categories: OSN+, Google Cloud, Joe Kawkabani, Tarek Khalil, Digital TV, Middle-East, Streaming, UX
TitanTV to provide Red Bee data to BitRouter for NEXTGEN TV receivers
Nov 9, 2023 – Red Bee Media, via TitanTV, is to provide data for integration into BitRouter's NEXTGEN TV products and services, including the provision of DVR listings information for set-top boxes.
News categories: Red Bee Media, BitRouter, TitanTV, Jason Marchese, Gopal Miglani, ATSC 3, Big Data, Digital TV, Set Top Box, USA, UX
Prime Video maintains top position in U.S. subscription video
Oct 31, 2023 – Parks Associates has released its updated list of the top 10 US subscription streaming video services, based on estimated numbers of subscribers through September 2023.
News categories: Parks Associates, Jennifer Kent, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming, USA
Charter residential video customers down 320,000 in 3Q 2023
Oct 27, 2023 – Charter Communications has reported results for the period ended September 30, 2023. Residential video customers decreased by 320,000 in the quarter, finishing the period at 13.8 million.
News categories: Charter Communications, Cable TV, Digital TV, Results, Set Top Box, Subscribers, USA
Amagi releases ninth Quarterly Global FAST Report
Oct 23, 2023 – Amagi has released its ninth Quarterly Global FAST Report, which provides an analysis of the FAST industry in conjunction with Amagi's consumer survey and data from the Amagi ANALYTICS platform.
News categories: Amagi, Srinivasan KA, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming, Worldwide
Mediacom to bring Xumo Stream Box to its broadband customers
Oct 19, 2023 – Xumo has announced Mediacom Communications will begin offering the Xumo Stream Box to its Xtream Internet customers in the coming months, the third U.S.-based operator to do so.
News categories: Xumo, Mediacom, Michael Gatzke, Tapan Dandnaik, Cable TV, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Streaming, TV OS, USA
Canoe, DIRECTV and DISH expand addressable advertising to satellite
Oct 17, 2023 – Canoe Ventures has partnered with DIRECTV Advertising and DISH Media to expand its addressable advertising footprint to satellite. AMC Networks and Warner Brothers Discovery are inaugural partners.
News categories: Canoe Ventures, DIRECTV Advertising, DISH Media, David Porter, Matt Van Houten, Tim Myers, Advertising, Digital TV, Satellite, USA
- América Móvil increases shareholding in Telekom Austria
- Tele Columbus taps Simply.TV for advanced metadata
- AOMedia offers spatial audio specification under royalty-free license
- TheViewPoint integrates with FreeWheel
- Australia to introduce 'prominence framework' for local broadcast services
- Telecom and pay-TV revenue in Hong Kong to grow at 1.1% CAGR
- Proximus optimises delivery of Pickx with Velocix Analytics
- Traditional US pay-TV services face continued decline
- Edgio adds player-independent video performance reports
- Flat panel display oversupply to continue into 2024
- Japan SVOD service revenue to reach $6 billion in 2027
- Ateme powers NT's sports video contribution in Asia and beyond
- Global TV shipments to fall below 197 million units in 2023
- WSTS revises semiconductor growth projections slightly upward
- Go Addressable becomes industry trade body
- NorDig releases IRD 3.2.1 and Test Plan 3.2.1 specs
- Improved tool helps ensure interoperability of DASH delivery
- Growth in global SVOD subscriptions to continue
- LG announces organizational restructuring
- HbbTV updates Operator Application specification