Digital TV News: Discovery
Xfinity Stream app launches on Apple TV 4K and Apple TV HD
Jun 30, 2022 – Comcast has launched its Xfinity Stream app on Apple TV 4K and Apple TV HD, giving Xfinity TV customers another option to access their subscription. Xfinity’s redesigned Stream app features a new, more intuitive user interface.
News categories: Comcast, Michael DelCiello, Apps, Cable TV, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Streaming, USA
Omdia expects pay TV & online video subscriptions to pass 3 billion in 2027
Jun 27, 2022 – Research from Omdia shows that online video subscription numbers continue to grow worldwide at impressive levels. Omdia finds that the global total increased from 1.14 billion at end-2020 to 1.34 billion at end-2021, up 17.7% year-on-year.
News categories: Omdia, Adam Thomas, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming, Worldwide
U.S. streaming video consumers becoming more price sensitive
Jun 23, 2022 – According to The NPD Group, from October 2021 to April 2022, cost went from the #4 reason for cancelling an SVOD service to #2. According to NPD's latest study, consumers are also increasingly signing up for services based on promotional or discounted offers.
News categories: NPD Group, John Buffone, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming, USA
Horizon Media to trial Comscore Local TV measurement data
Jun 23, 2022 – Horizon Media is testing Comscore’s (Nasdaq: SCOR) local TV measurement solution as a new form of currency for 2023 planning and buying. The partnership follows Horizon Media’s commitment to transact up to 15% of Upfronts with alternative currencies.
News categories: Comscore, Horizon Media, Carol Hinnant, Eric Blankfein, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, USA
DNA selects UEI for Android TV remote
Jun 20, 2022 – Universal Electronics (UEI) [NASDAQ: UEIC] has been selected by Finland's DNA to provide its Android TV remote control, UEI KITA. The remote features a slim rechargeable battery that makes the product thinner and easier to hold.
News categories: Universal Electronics, DNA, Kuldip Johal, Android TV, Cable TV, Digital TV, Finland, Set Top Box, UX
Liveramp powers targeted addressable marketing on Eurosport
Jun 16, 2022 – Warner Bros. Discovery has partnered with LiveRamp (NYSE: RAMP) to bring clients targeted addressable marketing across Eurosport’s online platforms, using LiveRamp’s Authenticated Traffic Solution (ATS).
News categories: Liveramp, Warner Bros. Discovery, Travis Clinger, Luke Whalley, Advertising, Digital TV, Europe, Streaming
Walmart and Roku enable e-commerce in TV ads
Jun 16, 2022 – Walmart (NYSE: WMT) and Roku (Nasdaq: ROKU) have announced a partnership to make TV streaming the next e-commerce shopping destination. Walmart will be the exclusive retailer to enable streamers to purchase featured products fulfilled by Walmart directly on Roku.
News categories: Roku, Walmart, Peter Hamilton, William White, Advertising, Digital TV, Streaming, USA
Shahid selects ThinkAnalytics personalisation and insights
Jun 14, 2022 – ThinkAnalytics has announced that Shahid is deploying its Think360 content discovery and viewer engagement platform for its streaming platform. Using Think360, Shahid will showcase its free content and recommend premium content, personalised to each user.
News categories: ThinkAnalytics, Shahid, Samuel Sweet, Natasha Matos-Hemingway, Big Data, Digital TV, Middle-East, Streaming, UX, Worldwide
QYOU Media India expands digital footprint via Smart TVs from One Plus
Jun 13, 2022 – QYOU Media India is launching its flagship channel, The Q, along with previously announced new channels Q Marathi, Q Kahaniyan and Q Comedistaan, on One Plus Smart TVs via their Oxygen Play content discovery platform.
News categories: QYOU Media, One Plus, Curt Marvis, Content Distribution, Digital TV, India, Smart TV, Streaming
- Xfinity Stream app launches on Apple TV 4K and Apple TV HD
- Tencent Video available in NetRange Smart TV app store
- Gibtelecom launches new TV platform with Netgem
- izzi adds anti-piracy and extended threat defense technologies from Verimatrix
- MEO deploys Velocix CDN and cloud-native VRM platforms
- AminoOS deployed to Vodafone Iceland’s legacy Samsung STBs
- Bhimavaram Community Network chooses Skyworth for 4K RDK IPTV set-tops
- Synaptics selects Allegro DVT VVC compliance streams
- NextGen TV launches in Shreveport, LA
- Sunrise deploys Media Distillery to enhance TV user experience
- Vewd brings in-vehicle streaming to Renesas R-Car automotive chipsets
- Omdia expects pay TV & online video subscriptions to pass 3 billion in 2027
- SeaChange Advanced Advertising Platform selected by Armstrong and BEAM
- U.S. streaming video consumers becoming more price sensitive
- SES-22 to launch on June 29th
- Euronews added to ZEASN's FAST service for smart TVs
- Orange to integrate DAZN sports in Spain
- BuyDRM to provide streaming security for Samsung TV Plus
- MEASAT-3d and GSAT-24 successfully placed into orbit
- Horizon Media to trial Comscore Local TV measurement data