Digital TV News: EY
FOX Sports Mexico and SeaChange show live sport with Dolby Vision and Dolby Atmos
Oct 31, 2023 – SeaChange, with FOX Sports Mexico and Dolby Labs, is showing live sports on the FOX Sports Mexico streaming app, enhanced with Dolby Vision HDR and Dolby Atmos immersive sound, at Nextv Miami.
News categories: SeaChange, FOX Sports, Dolby, Apps, Digital TV, Mexico, Streaming, UX
Verimatrix and Scalstrm partner on live streaming protection
Sep 14, 2023 – Verimatrix (Paris: VMX) has teamed up with Scalstrm to offer live video content protection through the integration of Verimatrix' Streamkeeper Multi-DRM with Scalstrm’s Origin and CDN services.
News categories: Verimatrix, Scalstrm, Sofia Regojo, Erik Svennemar, Content Distribution, Content Protection, Digital TV, IBC2023, Streaming, Worldwide
Kaltura provides Cloud TV solution to Reshet 13 in Israel
Sep 13, 2023 – Kaltura (Nasdaq: KLTR) has announced, as part of its expanded partnership with Reshet 13, that it is powering Reshet’s full Cloud TV service, launched in just three months.
News categories: Kaltura, Reshet 13, Shuki Eytan, Tom Dan, Apps, Big Data, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Israel, Streaming
Witbe introduces dynamic ad insertion monitoring for streaming video
Sep 12, 2023 – Witbe (Euronext: FR0013143872, ALWIT) has introduced Ad Monitoring and Content Matching technology, to identify and resolve playback errors caused by dynamic ad insertion in streaming video.
News categories: Witbe, Yoann Hinard, Advertising, Digital TV, IBC2023, QoE, Streaming, Worldwide
Bouygues Telecom selects Kaltura to power next-generation TV service
Sep 11, 2023 – Kaltura has announced that Bouygues Telecom has unveiled its selection of Kaltura's cloud-based technology platform to power its next-generation IPTV and OTT digital TV service.
News categories: Kaltura, CommScope, Bouygues Telecom, Shuki Eytan, Ray Bontempi, Jean Paul Arzel, Content Distribution, Digital TV, France, IPTV, Set Top Box
Simplestream enters alliance with Globecast
Aug 30, 2023 – Simplestream has announced an alliance with Globecast, kicking off with the launch of OTT services for GAAGO - the Gaelic Athletic Association and RTÉ sports subscription channel.
News categories: Simplestream, Globecast, Lewis Arthur, Steve MacMurray, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Ireland, Streaming, Worldwide
TrendForce reduces TV shipment forecast to 198 million units for the year
Aug 23, 2023 – According to TrendForce, H1 2023 global TV shipments reached 90.4 million units, a 3.5% decrease YoY. The company now expects shipments of 198 million units for the year, down 1.5% versus 2022.
News categories: TrendForce, Digital TV, Market Research, Smart TV, Worldwide
beIN MEDIA teams up with Synamedia for UX upgrade
Aug 22, 2023 – Synamedia has unveiled that beIN MEDIA GROUP chose Synamedia to upgrade the UX on its beIN TV and beIN TV VIP hybrid DTH and IP 4K Kaon STB platforms, in time for the FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022.
News categories: Synamedia, beIN MEDIA, Lucy Norris, Saleem Shah, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IBC2023, Middle-East, Satellite, Set Top Box, UX
castLabs unveils single-frame forensic watermarking
Aug 1, 2023 – castLabs has unveiled single-frame forensic watermarking, enabling users to retrieve concealed data from just an image of a single video frame rather than tens of seconds of footage.
News categories: castLabs, Michael Stattman, Digital TV, IBC2023, Watermarking, Worldwide
- Rakuten TV VOD now available via Zattoo on 1&1 in Germany
- Tele Columbus goes live with PŸUR TV STB featuring 3SS UX
- Two more Miami TV stations launch NEXTGEN TV
- Gracenote launches automotive infotainment metadata platform
- YMEDIA launches tokenized AI Smart TV ad network
- Barb awards metadata, interim overnight programme and commercial logs contracts
- FreeWheel and OrkaTV bring FAST channel access to advertisers
- América Móvil increases shareholding in Telekom Austria
- Tele Columbus taps Simply.TV for advanced metadata
- AOMedia offers spatial audio specification under royalty-free license
- TheViewPoint integrates with FreeWheel
- Australia to introduce 'prominence framework' for local broadcast services
- Telecom and pay-TV revenue in Hong Kong to grow at 1.1% CAGR
- Proximus optimises delivery of Pickx with Velocix Analytics
- Traditional US pay-TV services face continued decline
- Edgio adds player-independent video performance reports
- Flat panel display oversupply to continue into 2024
- Japan SVOD service revenue to reach $6 billion in 2027
- Ateme powers NT's sports video contribution in Asia and beyond
- Global TV shipments to fall below 197 million units in 2023