Digital TV News: EY
European Audiovisual Observatory publishes report on media ownership in Europe
Jan 18, 2022 – The report provides snapshots of the top AV players and explores concentration, statute, and origin of ownership by revenues, pay TV subscriptions, SVOD subscriptions, number of TV channels, number of on-demand services, TV audiences, number of TV fiction titles produced and number of cinema screens.
News categories: European Audiovisual Observatory, Digital TV, Europe, Market Research
LG unveils its latest TV lineup
Jan 4, 2022 – LG Electronics (LG) has unveiled its latest TV lineup, headlined by the company's 2022 OLED televisions. The TVs feature powerful imaging technologies, and an improved webOS offering more smart features and services.
News categories: LG Electronics, CES2022, Digital TV, Gaming, Middleware, Smart Home, Smart TV, USA, UX, Worldwide
Samsung unveils 2022 MICRO LED, Neo QLED and Lifestyle TVs
Jan 3, 2022 – Samsung has unveiled its newest MICRO LED, Neo QLED and Lifestyle TVs, with advancements in picture and sound quality, more screen size options, customizable accessories and an upgraded interface, ahead of CES 2022.
News categories: Samsung, Simon Sung, CES2022, Digital TV, Gaming, Smart TV, USA, UX, Worldwide
Sangli deploys Synamedia video network solutions
Dec 16, 2021 – Synamedia has announced that Sangli Media Communication has deployed Synamedia's video network solutions allowing it to increase the number of channels it delivers to local cable operators in Maharastra while reducing bandwidth.
News categories: Synamedia, Sangli Media Communication, Khushvant Kundi, Madhav Betgeri, Cable TV, Content Distribution, Digital TV, India
FAST growing quickly in the U.S. and across the globe
Dec 2, 2021 – Free Ad Supported Streaming TV (FAST) is no longer a US-centric phenomenon, according to the Amagi Global FAST report. Amagi has announced the 2nd edition of its quarterly industry report revealing that FAST is steadily making inroads in all regions of the world.
News categories: Amagi, Srinivasan KA, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming, USA, Worldwide
Claro Box TV streaming in Colombia powered by Harmonic
Oct 21, 2021 – Claro Colombia has deployed Harmonic's (NASDAQ: HLIT) VOS Cloud-Native Software solution, Electra X live video processor and MediaGrid shared storage to power its Claro Box TV streaming service.
News categories: Harmonic, Claro Colombia, Alvaro Martin, Walter Borda, Colombia, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Streaming
Continued robust growth for Wearables, AR/VR Headsets, and Smart Home
Oct 4, 2021 – The total value of AR/VR headsets, smart home devices, and wearables is expected to reach $369.6 billion by the end of this year and swell to $524.9 billion by the end of 2025 according to IDC.
News categories: IDC, Tom Mainelli, Adam Wright, Ramon T. Llamas, Gaming, Market Research, Smart Home, VR, Worldwide
Amazon introduces Echo Show 15 with 1080p video streaming
Sep 28, 2021 – Amazon (NASDAQ: AMZN) has introduced Echo Show 15, with a 15.6", 1080p Full HD display. As well as its smart home features, Echo Show 15 integrates access to Prime Video, Netflix and Hulu.
News categories: Amazon, Digital TV, Smart Home, Smart TV, Streaming, USA
Americans move from bingeing on TV to social media in 2021
Sep 21, 2021 – Attest has released its third annual US Media Consumption Report. The report points to a significant decrease in the desire of Americans to sit in front of a TV screen for prolonged periods of time.
News categories: Attest, Digital TV, Market Research, USA
- Vewd For Automotive enables premium entertainment in Skywell electric SUV
- WarnerMedia adds 4.3 million HBO Max and HBO subscribers in 4Q 2021
- 5G-MAG joins forces with DVB on the future of TV over 5G
- LG Ads introduces suite of Guaranteed Outcome-based media offerings
- Breezeline selects Vecima and TiVo to support its expansion
- Bitcentral acquires Powr.tv
- Friend MTS extends content protection deal with Lega Serie A
- Cinedigm launches streaming channels on AR glasses with Nreal
- NextGen TV broadcasting begins in Green Bay, WI
- Verizon FIOS consumer video subscribers down 69,000 in 4Q 2021
- TV shipments expected to reach 217 million units in 2022
- Vodafone Portugal launches hands-free entertainment and Smart Home hub with UEI
- Evoca expands to Denver with Altitude Sports
- European Parliament agrees Digital Services Act (DSA) proposal
- Worldwide semiconductor revenue grew 25.1% in 2021
- MPEG LA offers one-stop license for ATSC 3.0
- discovery+ now available on LG Smart TVs in Canada
- SLING TV comes to VIZIO SmartCast platform
- VideoAI from CTS automates video content metadata generation
- Irdeto brings Server Side Ad Insertion solution to market