Digital TV News: Embratel
SSL to provide multi-mission satellite for Embratel Star One
Oct 30, 2017 – Maxar Technologies (NYSE: MAXR; TSX: MAXR) has announced that SSL, a business unit of Maxar Technologies, has signed a contract to provide a multi-mission communications satellite called Star One D2 to Embratel Star One.
News categories: SSL, Embratel Star One, Dario Zamarian, Gustavo Silbert, Content Distribution, Latin America, Satellite
Elemental powers IP content delivery for NET in Brazil
Aug 18, 2016 – Elemental has announced that it is providing live video encoding and packaging solutions to NET in Brazil. The platform allows NET to deliver 40 IP-based channels to multiscreen devices, and to hybrid STBs alongside HD channels broadcast using DVB technology.
News categories: Elemental, NET, Dan Marshall, Marcio Carvalho, Brazil, Cable TV, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Mobile
Star One C4 satellite begins post-launch manoeuvers
Jul 16, 2015 – Space Systems/Loral (SSL) has announced that a satellite built for Embratel Star One has been launched and is successfully performing post-launch manoeuvers. Star One C4 features 48 Ku-band transponders which will be used for Broadcast Satellite Services at 70°W.
News categories: Space Systems/Loral, Embratel Star One, Arianespace, John Celli, Gustavo Silbert, Brazil, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Latin America, Satellite
Embratel acquires Net Serviços in Brazil
Nov 28, 2013 – Net Serviços de Comunicação has announced that Empresa Brasileira de Telecomunicações (Embratel) has acquired 13,675,932 of NET’s shares, corresponding to 83.62% of the total amount of NET’s outstanding shares.
News categories: Embratel, Net Serviços, Brazil, Cable TV, Digital TV, MnA
Net Serviços ends 2012 with 5.38 million pay TV subscribers, up 13.8% Y-o-Y
Feb 12, 2013 – Net Serviços de Comunicação (BM&FBOVESPA:NETC3,NETC4; Nasdaq:NETC; Latibex:XNET) has announced results for the fourth quarter and year-ended 2012. The Pay TV base ended the year with 5.381 million clients, 13.8% up on 2011.
News categories: Net Serviços, Brazil, Cable TV, Results, Subscribers
América Móvil adds 540,000 pay TV subscribers in Brazil in 4Q 2012
Feb 12, 2013 – América Móvil (BMV;NYSE:AMX;NASDAQ:AMOV;LATIBEX:XAMXL) has announced results for the fourth quarter of 2012. The company finished the year with 16.4 million Pay TV subscribers, with Brazil, on its own, adding 540,000 in the fourth quarter.
News categories: América Móvil, Brazil, Cable TV, Colombia, Mexico, MMDS, Peru, Results, Satellite, Subscribers
Kudelski reports 2011 annual results
Feb 23, 2012 – The Kudelski Group (SIX:KUD.S) has announced its 2011 annual results. Total annual revenues and other operating income declined from CHF 1,069.3 million in 2010 to CHF 896.6 million in 2011, with the Digital TV segment driving most of the decline.
News categories: Kudelski, Cable TV, CAM, Conditional Access, Content Protection, IPTV, Middleware, OTT, Results, Satellite, Set Top Box
América Móvil nears 10 million pay TV subscribers in Brazil
Feb 9, 2012 – América Móvil (BMV:AMX; NYSE:AMX; NASDAQ:AMOV; LATIBEX:XAMXL) has announced results for the fourth quarter of 2011. The company finished December with 13.4 million Pay TV units, a year-on-year increase of 33.1%.
News categories: América Móvil, Net Serviços, Brazil, Cable TV, Chile, Ecuador, Results, Satellite, Subscribers
Kudelski reports 2011 half year results
Aug 23, 2011 – The Kudelski Group (SIX:KUD.S) has announced its 2011 half year results. Group total revenues in constant currency declined by 8.5%, while reported total revenues dropped by 21.9% compared to the first half of last year, reaching CHF 392.2 million.
News categories: Kudelski, Cable TV, CAM, Conditional Access, Content Protection, Middleware, OTT, Results, Satellite, Terrestrial
- VR consumer content revenue to exceed $7 billion in 2025
- XroadMedia to power hyper-personalization at ZEE5
- Ericsson predicts 40% of mobile subscriptions in 2026 will be 5G
- Pay TV revenue in New Zealand to follow -3.1% CAGR
- iQIYI International available for ZEASN-based smart devices
- Growing demand for smart displays driving smart speaker sales
- Forthnet becomes part of United Group
- Anevia powers Skymedia's SkyGo service in Mongolia
- UK marketers expect to spend more on Advanced TV ads in the next 12 months
- NetRange moves browser to the Cloud for low-cost Smart TVs
- Over 13 billion Smart Home devices in use by 2025
- MultiChoice picks Metrological to deliver OTT services on DStv
- Oregan Networks builds on Amlogic's Android TV reference platform
- Bitmovin and OKAST team up to deliver live and VOD streaming
- 61% of US broadband households subscribe to two or more OTT services
- 14% of Australians plan to cancel pay TV as a result of the pandemic
- Eutelsat 7/8°W predominant broadcast position for Egyptian TV homes
- NEXTGEN TV launches on local TV in Norfolk, VA
- Universal Electronics to launch Apple TV remote control for MVPDs
- Nielsen unveils new ID resolution system