Digital TV News: Entropic Communications
MaxLinear announces Second Quarter 2015 results
Aug 10, 2015 – MaxLinear (NYSE:MXL) has announced results for the second quarter ended June 30, 2015 - the first quarterly results reflecting contribution from the acquisition of Entropic. Net revenue for the second quarter was $70.8 million.
News categories: MaxLinear, Kishore Seendripu, Cable Modem, Cable TV, DOCSIS, Gateway, LNB, Results, Satellite, Semiconductor, Worldwide
MaxLinear to acquire Entropic
Feb 3, 2015 – MaxLinear (NYSE:MXL) and Entropic (Nasdaq:ENTR) have announced that they have signed an agreement for MaxLinear to acquire Entropic. Entropic shareholders will receive $1.20 per share in cash and 0.2200 shares of MaxLinear common stock for each Entropic common share outstanding.
News categories: MaxLinear, Entropic, Dr. Kishore Seendripu, Dr. Ted Tewksbury, Digital TV, MandA, Satellite, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart Home, Worldwide
RVU Alliance Expands to Include New Operators In Latin America
Jan 7, 2013 – The RVU Alliance has welcomed two new members, with Sky Mexico and DIRECTV PanAmericana, joining DIRECTV and Sky Brasil to the roster of Pay TV broadcast operators supporting the standard.
News categories: RVU Alliance, Sky Mexico, DIRECTV Latin America, Argentina, Caribbean, CES2024, Chile, Colombia, Ecuador, Gateway, Mexico, Peru, Puerto Rico, Smart Home, Uruguay, Venezuela
Next Generation RVU Specification Now Available
Jan 7, 2013 – The RVU Alliance has announced that the next generation of the RVU specification is now available. The RVU 2.0 specification updates the Remote User Interface (RUI) standard, adding vector graphics commands.
News categories: RVU Alliance, CES2024, Digital TV, Gateway, Set Top Box, Smart Home
Entropic to reduce personnel by 6%
Dec 3, 2012 – Entropic (Nasdaq:ENTR), in an SEC filing, has said that it is reducing its personnel by 40 employees or approximately 6% of its workforce.
News categories: Entropic, Semiconductor
GlobalSat, Entropic Communications, and Rovi Team to Deliver Multimedia Packed Hybrid Set-Top Box
Sep 8, 2012 – GlobalSat has announced that it is collaborating with Entropic Communications (Nasdaq:ENTR) and Rovi (Nasdaq:ROVI) to deliver an advanced hybrid set-top box (STB).
News categories: Digital TV, IBC2023, Media Player, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
Entropic Communications Achieves CI+ Certification on IP4.tv Hybrid Set-Top Box
Sep 7, 2012 – Entropic Communications (Nasdaq:ENTR) has announced that by working with IP4.tv GmbH the Company has successfully achieved Common Interface Plus (CI+) certification for IP4.tv's latest IP+DVB-S2 Hybrid set-top box (STB).
News categories: CAM, Digital TV, DVB-S2, IBC2023, Satellite, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
EchoStar HD Satellite Set-Top Boxes Enabled by Entropic SoC and Demod
Sep 7, 2012 – Entropic Communications (Nasdaq:ENTR) has announced the deployment of its set-top box (STB) system-on-a-chip (SoC) and demodulator technology in three EchoStar models, which are currently being deployed at Bell Canada, Dish Mexico and Telus.
News categories: Entropic, EchoStar, Canada, Digital TV, IBC2023, Mexico, Satellite, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
Entropic Set-Top Box SoC Featured in EchoStar Freeview+ HD Ultra Slim Box
Sep 7, 2012 – Entropic (Nasdaq:ENTR) has announced that its system-on-a-chip (SoC) has been selected for EchoStar's (NASDAQ: SATS) Ultra Slim Box, an advanced, high definition (HD) digital TV recorder combining Freeview+ HD and access to Smart TV entertainment.
News categories: Entropic, Echostar, Digital TV, DVR, IBC2023, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Terrestrial, UK
- Telecom and pay-TV revenue in Hong Kong to grow at 1.1% CAGR
- Proximus optimises delivery of Pickx with Velocix Analytics
- Traditional US pay-TV services face continued decline
- Edgio adds player-independent video performance reports
- Flat panel display oversupply to continue into 2024
- Japan SVOD service revenue to reach $6 billion in 2027
- Ateme powers NT's sports video contribution in Asia and beyond
- Global TV shipments to fall below 197 million units in 2023
- WSTS revises semiconductor growth projections slightly upward
- Go Addressable becomes industry trade body
- NorDig releases IRD 3.2.1 and Test Plan 3.2.1 specs
- Improved tool helps ensure interoperability of DASH delivery
- Growth in global SVOD subscriptions to continue
- LG announces organizational restructuring
- HbbTV updates Operator Application specification
- Bouygues Telecom streams video in Multicast ABR with Broadpeak
- iWedia releases test solution for HbbTV device compliance
- Utomik to bring cloud gaming to VIDAA Smart TVs
- Avid provides Iceland's RÚV with ingest and playout solution
- Global pay TV penetration to fall for the first time in 2024