Digital TV News: Entropic Communications
MaxLinear announces Second Quarter 2015 results
Aug 10, 2015 – MaxLinear (NYSE:MXL) has announced results for the second quarter ended June 30, 2015 - the first quarterly results reflecting contribution from the acquisition of Entropic. Net revenue for the second quarter was $70.8 million.
News categories: MaxLinear, Kishore Seendripu, Cable Modem, Cable TV, DOCSIS, Gateway, LNB, Results, Satellite, Semiconductor, Worldwide
MaxLinear to acquire Entropic
Feb 3, 2015 – MaxLinear (NYSE:MXL) and Entropic (Nasdaq:ENTR) have announced that they have signed an agreement for MaxLinear to acquire Entropic. Entropic shareholders will receive $1.20 per share in cash and 0.2200 shares of MaxLinear common stock for each Entropic common share outstanding.
News categories: MaxLinear, Entropic, Dr. Kishore Seendripu, Dr. Ted Tewksbury, Digital TV, MandA, Satellite, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart Home, Worldwide
RVU Alliance Expands to Include New Operators In Latin America
Jan 7, 2013 – The RVU Alliance has welcomed two new members, with Sky Mexico and DIRECTV PanAmericana, joining DIRECTV and Sky Brasil to the roster of Pay TV broadcast operators supporting the standard.
News categories: RVU Alliance, Sky Mexico, DIRECTV Latin America, Argentina, Caribbean, CES2023, Chile, Colombia, Ecuador, Gateway, Mexico, Peru, Puerto Rico, Smart Home, Uruguay, Venezuela
Next Generation RVU Specification Now Available
Jan 7, 2013 – The RVU Alliance has announced that the next generation of the RVU specification is now available. The RVU 2.0 specification updates the Remote User Interface (RUI) standard, adding vector graphics commands.
News categories: RVU Alliance, CES2023, Digital TV, Gateway, Set Top Box, Smart Home
Entropic to reduce personnel by 6%
Dec 3, 2012 – Entropic (Nasdaq:ENTR), in an SEC filing, has said that it is reducing its personnel by 40 employees or approximately 6% of its workforce.
News categories: Entropic, Semiconductor
GlobalSat, Entropic Communications, and Rovi Team to Deliver Multimedia Packed Hybrid Set-Top Box
Sep 8, 2012 – GlobalSat has announced that it is collaborating with Entropic Communications (Nasdaq:ENTR) and Rovi (Nasdaq:ROVI) to deliver an advanced hybrid set-top box (STB).
News categories: Digital TV, IBC2022, Media Player, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
Entropic Communications Achieves CI+ Certification on IP4.tv Hybrid Set-Top Box
Sep 7, 2012 – Entropic Communications (Nasdaq:ENTR) has announced that by working with IP4.tv GmbH the Company has successfully achieved Common Interface Plus (CI+) certification for IP4.tv's latest IP+DVB-S2 Hybrid set-top box (STB).
News categories: CAM, Digital TV, DVB-S2, IBC2022, Satellite, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
EchoStar HD Satellite Set-Top Boxes Enabled by Entropic SoC and Demod
Sep 7, 2012 – Entropic Communications (Nasdaq:ENTR) has announced the deployment of its set-top box (STB) system-on-a-chip (SoC) and demodulator technology in three EchoStar models, which are currently being deployed at Bell Canada, Dish Mexico and Telus.
News categories: Entropic, EchoStar, Canada, Digital TV, IBC2022, Mexico, Satellite, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
Entropic Set-Top Box SoC Featured in EchoStar Freeview+ HD Ultra Slim Box
Sep 7, 2012 – Entropic (Nasdaq:ENTR) has announced that its system-on-a-chip (SoC) has been selected for EchoStar's (NASDAQ: SATS) Ultra Slim Box, an advanced, high definition (HD) digital TV recorder combining Freeview+ HD and access to Smart TV entertainment.
News categories: Entropic, Echostar, Digital TV, DVR, IBC2022, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Terrestrial, UK
- PEAK3 ATSC 3.0 one-to-many solution for IoT and Edge use cases
- Verimatrix launches VCAS monitoring in the Cloud
- Ad-supported Disney+ now available in the U.S.
- Allegro DVT and V-Nova collaborate to accelerate LCEVC deployment
- Paramount+ arrives in Germany, Austria, and Switzerland
- Nordic streaming customers open to subscriptions with ads
- Frndly TV exceeds 700,000 subscribers
- Pixalate releases November 2022 CTV app spoofing report
- Pixalate releases Q3 2022 SSP market share rankings
- SMPTE publishes guide to ontologies and semantics for media in the cloud
- SeaChange to power streaming for FOX Sports Mexico
- Limited growth for APAC ex-China pay-TV revenues to 2027
- Shahid streaming platform now available on KONKA Smart TVs
- JPIX partners with Cisco and Qwilt for streaming delivery in Japan
- ZTE helps América Móvil migrate from AOSP to Android TV
- Veira Group starts production of webOS Hub 2.0 Smart TVs
- NextGen TV launched in Champaign and Springfield-Decatur
- Innovid integrates Kinetiq ad-occurrence data
- TF1 implements Irdeto Control to protect World Cup streams
- Premium online video rebounds in Southeast Asia